It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Apology from Canada to Palestine and the Rest of the World

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mandrakerealmz
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

We are slaves of the Rothschilds :/ They built modern day Israel. They control Canada by influence as do they control New Zealand (my home).

Nail meet head and that's why the Obama administration does nothing and remains silent and is also a panzy, just like Harper.

It's sad but true to a very large degree, and somewhere out there a Rothschild squirmed with glee watching Harper do the dance.

Let's see what the USA is made of. Time will tell, and soon because the time is now.

edit on 5-12-2012 by NewAgeMan because: typo

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

There are two types of Zionism, one is simple pride in one's nation, the other racist extremism and you are right to take a stand calling for it's reform, because some of the Zionist elements are no better than the Islamist extremists who's fires are stoked by the neighboring Islamist state of Iran.

Your point is valid for all nationalism's.

As I've learned to understand, one can take pride and show gratitude to the people that came before him, and so, appreciate the uniqueness of his own particular tradition (language, culture, religion) but this awareness should in no way preclude one's ability to understand and sympathize with the unique traditions of others. In fact, the more cognizant one becomes of one's own uniqueness, should make one equally aware of the uniqueness of others! Instead of fostering a xenophobia, it should foster a climate of respectful cultural exchange, which at the same time preserves each cultures unique differences.

As the EU has shown, people want to remain different. People don't want to give up their cultural uniqueness: whether they be Portuguese, German, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, etc. The overwhelming voice of Europe is opposed to a fully unified - cultural - European identity.

Israel represents this. Israel is a little niche, a tiny fragment of middle eastern lands, about the size of New Jersey, or El Salvador. 311 times smaller than the total land area of the Arab peoples.

Fact is, propaganda mostly works in the direction against Israel. Why? Because the west has grown tired. The Arabs are too intractable, too unreasonable, too unable to commiserate with the Jews. Their long term ambitions - as documented by each of their actions - from 1929 massacres in Hebron and Safed, the 1936-1939 arab revolt, the 1947-48 wars, the 1967 war, 1973 war, 1st intifada, 2nd intifada, down to our current moment - is to uproot Israel. They have no sympathy for the Jews. Not even the 2 Million sephardic, natural residents of the middle east, are entitled in their minds to self determination. This is an attitude endemic to the Arab-Muslim experience: were talking about a people, and a culture, that has subordinated all other religions and non-Arab, non-Sunni ethnicities/sects to their total domination. Israel is an aberration in their eyes. This is ironic, because the first Zionists were actually embraced by many Arab diplomats and encouraged to migrate, believing their presence would contribute to the modernization of Palestine.

So what now? Now we have Islamist regimes springing up left right and center. They are the majority party in 4 different Arab parliaments since the Arab uprisings: Morocco, Tunisia, Libya, and Egypt. And their inching closer to capturing Syria. America has long been Israel's greatest supporter. But, the tides are changing, and it appears American foreign policy no longer believes Israel is worth the headache. Whether or not they deserve protection and support - morally, - should be beyond dispute. Jews are not the only people required to show sympathy and regard for others; Arabs too should be subjected to the same moral standards we wag our fingers at Israel with. But, as said, their will is intractable; their religion feeds them with purpose, leaving America (at least the democrats) determined to reform Americas image in Arab minds, and that can only be effectively done by distancing themselves from Israel.

I wish Arabs, or, Islam, could be as welcoming a religion. But, unfortunately, the dominant strand of Islam - Islamism - has impossible demands. If I thought a two state solution were viable -0 and by viable I mean, sincerely meant, and not merely a stage in a process that leads to Israels annihilation, I would wholeheartedly support it. But look at the camp david-taba talks. Barak offered them everything on their wishlist, minus the completely unreasonable 'right of return' (which would destroy Israel demographically, as they well know). Arafat rejected it. And launched the 2nd intifada a day later. I would be willing to split Jerusalem. Give them the Eastern part. But they want ALL OF IT! They won't even acknowledge the historical and spiritual significance of Jerusalem to the Jew.

Doesn't this intractability bode negatively not just for Israel, but for the wider world? Look at Europe and America. People have quickly forgotten and lost interest in the religious dogma preached during the middle ages. We're past that. Unfortunately, Islam is still extremely submerged in that. To lose Jerusalem, to give tacit acknowledgement of the Jews right to share symbolic meaning of the holy city, is too great a loss for them. They still believe in the world-historical mission of Islam. They aren't yet at the enlightenment stage which see's their religion in it's unique historical context.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Sigh....This site is rife with gnorance..

The Rothschilds were not only not responsible for Zionism, but actively opposed it until the early 20th century.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

Too bad it isn't possible to hack off a piece of Syria on the other side of the Jordan River, to accommodate a Palestinian state, and make up for not getting Jerusalem which Israel isn't about to cut in half.

Or is that maybe what this is all about, as a long range plan..?

Edit: I guess that doesn't really work on the map - duh!

edit on 5-12-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

Just to be clear, the term "ethnic" does not apply to Palestinians. Ethnically, they are Arabs. Arabs have 22 states already.

Yes indeed they sure do have quite the "little empire".

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

don't apologize for me they should be apologizing to the rest of the world for putting us through all this crap in the first place.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TheHammer22

Islam is no better ideologically, but the terrible acts committed by Palestinians are no different than the terrible things done to the Germans and Japanese by America....using terror to fight an oppressor is an excepted tactic in the West. They even have a nickname for this carnage...shock and awe.

They have a name for posts like the above like revisionist history that leaves out quite a bit of world history from the chemical warfare of WW1, wolf pack submarine warfare, to Germanies own "reign of terror" with v1 rockets attacking London, and German Blitzkreig that killed thousands during the lead up to the war.

Then of course someone is glossing over the Batann death marches, the wholesale slaughter of the philipines by Japan, and others in the Pacific theatre.

Yep alot of nasty things were done in world war 2, but they were not nice people on the receiving end there,.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

It's a clash of civilizations and that was what 9/11 was for, to draw a hard line in opposition to Islamic extremism, but the price was too high, and it didn't work, only served to further radicalize otherwise moderate elements of Islam, too bad for Bush and Cheney's legacy. .

Yeah I'll shut up now.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Sorry the "Radical Islamists" have been at war with the west long before Bush was ever in the picture from what I see nothing but people "apologizing" to people who would rather kill them than get an apology.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Do not apologise, Canadien. Those slimy Zionists have sidled there way into many a jurisdiction in order to exert their Machiavellian influence. They have many a rape victim, to be sure.

You're not alone... *offers conciliatory hug*

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You've never seen the map comparing the "Judeo-Christian" world with the spread of Islam. Doesn't take a rocket scientist, nor a structural engineer to see what happened on 9/11 and why. Of course it was about more than just that, but that line or crux at the heart of it all is clearly delineated.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to look up how many evil jews there are in the world around 14 million out of a world population of 7 billion.

Or the arab population that is around 330 million that is getting ready to double, or the fact that there are over 1 billion muslims in the world.

Sooner or later the East and West would have came to blows, some just stuck their heads in the sands, and thought placating them was the solution to a very real problem.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Whoring for stars eh? Not that i'm a zionist but i'm not so naieve as to believe Hamas is innocent either, you see enough dead jewish kids getting blown up in restaurants by muslim fanatics, and there just no way you can ever believe those people are good. Especially when you weigh in the last 1400 years of arab islamic oppression and subjugation in that region. Thats why the ME is over 90% Islam.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Where is the Civility at the heart of this clash of Civilizations, that's all I'd like to know.

That's what it's all come down to when push comes to shove, Civility, or... barbarism.

When will we ever learn?

Are we that historically bind?

Something's gotta break.

If I were Israel I would come to recognize that you cannot sustain the exchange of power for peace indefinitely, it's like na evil self fulfilling prophecy driven not by security, but security's opposite. Therefore, beginning with the end in mind, the only thing to exchange, aside from land, is peace for peace, and where needed an eternal vigilence in the face of any threat, but peace must be based on peace, as a starting point.

So what now?

The status quo just isn't sustainable, nor Civilized.

Only the USA can make it happen though, if only the Obama administration had sufficiant courage or ability to do the first damn thing about it. It's sad to see.

So we're nowhere really, and this entire discussion has been meaningless.

Because here at ATS if we cannot change the whole world and solve all the world's problems with a single discussion thread, then by God what are we here for?!

Best Regards,

NAM

edit on 5-12-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by optimus primal
reply to post by Battleline

Actually it does. I don't agree with many of the israeli governments actions. I don't hate jews, and in fact count several as ancestors. Just like I don't agree with many of the american government's actions, my own government. I don't hate americans.

It's high time people like yourself get over yourselves. You can disagree with a country's policies without hating it's people. Grow up.
You have really spun this to the point where I can hardly make out what you are talking about. I hate no one just there policies (as you call it) of draging humans through the street. If you support that because you think the Palistinians are being segragated as you put it then that is your choice.
The people that need to grow up are the true haters here, the Palistinians and there supporters.......you, but then again people who live there lives full of hate self distruct sooner then later. Good luck with that.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Nobody cares about a Canadian's apology to anonymous people.

Wait, apparently many people do. I'm on the wrong site. Continue.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
opinions are like assholes everyone has one maybe we as outsiders should let em fight it out ,

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I'm Canadian and I feel the same as the OP.

I shake my head sometimes when officials say they speak for the majority when they say Canadians but are only referring to a very small margin based on those who voted/elected for them for "somethings" they believe in.

Personally I think its misrepresentationaion when they think they can spew out anything they want and make it sound like it's the whole country backing them.

Sad part it.. they can and will due to no one taking action against them.. other then voicing their views. Sad it takes pysical force to remove such dictators.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
I wonder if Harper will die defending the rock?
naw...

unlike the newfs that died in the frontlines of the ww's who died defending Canada and the Jews and everyone else in the "free world"
Newfie first canadian second..here here.

edit on 5-12-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

Yet your avatar is a confederate flag?

+12 more 
posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Whoring for stars eh?

You mad bro? Sounds like someone is jealous about the attention my threads get

As for the rest of your post, you jump into a thread that covers a very important issue to me and many of my fellow citizens and you spew your religious pseudo-history in an attempt to derail the thread. What do ancient times have to do with the stance of the current Canadian administration. As an American this should be an important issue to you as well but you clearly do not have your priorities straight due to your bigoted hatred that governs your thought processes on this site and I am willing to bet you carry yourself in the same manner out in the real world.

You claim to be a Christian but you certainly do not emit Christian values as a true Christian would not judge, as a true Christian would leave that up to the "creator". I know we are all human and no one is perfect but you try and portray yourself as "holier than thou" meanwhile you are one of the most corrupted people on here with the methods you use when you post.

Take your ignorance back to bible study at which ever church you attend back home in the Ozarks and wait for the rapture and leave the rest of us alone as you clearly have no idea of what is really going on in North America, and the rest of the world for that matter.

Commandment number 9.

King James Version

Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

Practice what you preach my friend.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join