It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Apology from Canada to Palestine and the Rest of the World

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cynic
reply to post by Runciter33

Enjoy picketing Parliament Hill in the middle of January.
You will be yearning for your desert homeland in no time.

Thanks! I'll remember to dress appropriately.

My homeland is no desert though, perhaps you are unfamiliar with the geography of Canada. I am happy as a hobbit in his hole.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Battleline

The jewish israelis view them as third class otherwise they would not use small time terror attacks TO SEGREGATE arabs.

In turkey are the kurds segregated or do they live with everyone else?

In iran are the jews segregated or do they live with everyone else?

The walls DO SEGREGATE people. Hamas came to power because of israel and the west supporting apartheid policies.

+18 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
reply to post by Rabbi4Peace

You speak as if you represent Israel or Canada and I can tell that you have never been to either of those countries.

How did that post you quoted claim that I was speaking for anyone but myself?

And I'm Canadian. Born and bred...live in Toronto. Also, I went to Israel last year.

So much for idiotic presumptions.

Thread after thread it's always you turning an honest political discussion into a religious debate as if you were sent here to do so. I am certainly seeing a pattern here and I hope the moderators take note of your actions.

What the hell are you reading? Where did I mention religion? All I said was the name "Israel" is obviously derived from the Bible.
edit on 5-12-2012 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

I have not quoted anything of yours in this thread until now. But I finally had to hit the reply button after I had to suffer the agony of reading your posts in this thread...it's an instant migraine dealing with you. So my post was not directed at that individual comment that I replied to, but to all the hateful lies you have posted in this thread and others.

If you live in Toronto then you are aware of the large Jewish population there and the majority are against Israel and support Palestine. How does that make you feel? I have many friends in Toronto and one is even a member on this site, and guess what, they are Jewish and support Palestine and despise the current state of Israel and he is married to a Muslim woman from Egypt. I bet that pisses you off doesn't it?

As for you denying mentioning religion, it is your favorite thing to do. You jump into political threads and spam them with your religious disinfo that everyone can see through, but your fellow Zionists star you even though you are the definition of pitiful. Logic tells me that even they laugh at you.

I dare you to deny that you are a firm defender of Israel and it's right to exist as a Jewish state, all you ever do is twist people's words around and try to make it a Muslim versus Jew thread when really it's about borders of nations and the rights of the people within those nations that is being disputed. Yes, religion is certainly a factor but if you are unwilling to look beyond this illusion of religious divide you might as well just move to Israel and serve in the IDF in the name of defending the holy land as it's your duty right?

I thank you for keeping your last post short as it was less painful than the rest of your usual diatribes based on nothing but deception and lies. Has the notorious "dontreally" finally run out of propaganda to spread...oh dear please tell me can't be true

Okay, it is time for my night time meal then I must rest. I have had enough of dealing with you.
edit on 5-12-2012 by Rabbi4Peace because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
I guess you have it very well then with special interest policies that can only benefit you and your small government.

Huh? Im a regular, middle class citizen. And yes, i prefer small government that does the basics, not bloated beauracracy that dominates my life.

Right wing governments RELLY on lies to win and keep winning. Without lies they would barely get gary "who is he" johnson percentages. And if you have no problem with governments that lie then you are definitely part of the problem and not part of the solution. There should be limits to everything, including stupidity!

Again, all im going to say is all government lies. To say the left lies less than the right is really quite untrue. Think what you want on that one.

Why did you ignore corporate welfare such as bailouts and subsidies? These make up the bulk of both conservative and liberal budget spending. Social welfare spending is weak compared to these programs.

Certainly i didnt ignore those things. Im simply stating conservatives are well more, conservative and dont tend to tax and spend like the liberals. You know as well as i do Obama would have spent every penny that Bush did on bailouts after 2008, and most likely a good sum more. He has certainly shown he isnt afraid to throw good money after bad.

As for military spending america spends about 10 times more than any other country on the planet.

Yes, i know. I never said that was a good thing.
edit on 5-12-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Ah..forgive me, but what was wrong with that speech?

Just so long as Israeli nationalism does not beget oppression of others, then it's all good.

What's the problem?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Lets hold up a moment. To blame the "Zionist" is to incorrectly label who has truly taken over. We here in the US have the same issue but it is not the Jews as some would say have taken over rather it is the ruling elite, the technocrats that have hijacked our country, Canada, most of Europe and yes even Israel.

I'll give you that the RothChild's are Jewish but what about the Rockefellers, Vanderbilts, etc..... It should be noted that right before Ariel Sharon's debilitating stroke he was moving to a more moderate stance and getting ready to close many settlements on the west bank. That is until Netenyahu took office. Yes the Israeli's suffer from the same thing we suffer here in North America. They have been sold a false bill of good and their Knesset has been hijacked just like our House and Senate has. If you talk to most Israeli's they are in favor of moderation and getting to the table with the Palestinians.

Let us also remember that without the Hebrew faith we would not have Christianity. I heard a rabbi once say that we are Jew and Gentile one in the same. Also remember that when Paul, Peter and the rest of the disciples were preaching the gospel after Jesus's death they identified themselves and Jewish and advocated non violence against all people. regardless of faith. If you want to read some of this go read the beginning of Romans.

When we go after one another and say hateful things that flies directly in the face of what Yeshua was trying to teach us all. Satan has a firm grip on this world it is our job as Christians, Hebrew, Muslim etc that we do not allow these dark forces to win. We are all God's people and he loves us all equally.

nuff said......

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

A rather wordy ad hominem attack there don't you think? Yes, Canada has a lot of people who are brainwashed, resulting from our "liberal" indoctrination educational system.

(and don't go mentioning about how a person typically posts in certain forums, you yourself have your own footprint in such matters)

I dare you to deny that you are a firm defender of Israel and it's right to exist as a Jewish state

What is there to deny? Israel is a country and until the Arab world gets it through there heads of that fact there will be no peace!
edit on 5-12-2012 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Thank you for your reply. This might not be entirely on topic but it does address the issue of attacks on people who speak out against the Israeli governments activities. If the criticism comes from none Jewish people they are labeled anti-Semitic, and if it comes from a Jew they are labeled self hating Jews and traitors. Some are even forced to leave Israel like historian Ilan Pappe .

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Israel has acted very aggressively and at times ruthlessly, and has certainly chosen the wrong time to build more settlements, indeed there ARE legitimate complaints and accusations to be directed Israel's way, and I suppose that's at the root of the OP's position - that of Canada being unbalanced in it's relationship with Israel at the expense of humanitarian and social justice imperatives in relation to the Palestinians and their quest and right for a homeland and for economic justice, there's something to be said for that concern. Canada cannot walk away from that cause and that human need and quest FOR freedom.

But Israel is an actual state and "Zionism" is simply Jewish nationalism, and there's a real problem here if the opposing forces reject the right of Israel to exist, and to retain it's own integrity as a nation state and it's a declaration of terror to say or to declare otherwise.

On the other hand, Israel isn't willing to draw the line and give the Palestinian people the rights and freedoms they also deserve, which could be considered a form of oppression, even if only as some sort of projected force so as to assert it's own right to exist and to be secure, it's a real dilemma.

But "from he who has more, more is expected", and therefore Israel must and ought be the initiator of peace by creating a viable homeland for the Palestinian people, along with the hope for individual and collective prosperity, even in trade and mutual exchange with Israel.

It's up to Israel in the end, and the complaint of the OP is Harper's unwillingness to indeed stand in the role of measured broker, so as to secure the very best possible MUTUAL best interest of all involved, including the type of humanitarian sensibility one would expect to see from Canada. What the OP is saying is that Harper sold out, and kissed some serious ass to the very best of his ability.

But Israel EXISTS.

And in that sense ANTI-Zionism, not Zionism, IS at the heart of the problem, and in that regard Harper is right that Canada must tip along the line, of Civility and of Civilization, and thus the right of the Jewish state to exist, and to protect and preserve it's rights, which must begin with the right to BE.

That's on the shoulders of the Arab world, that responsibility, to simply acknowledge, openly and for all time, Israel's right to BE and to enjoy all the rights accompanying a nation state, which they already do anyway.

Israel, however, must be prepared to solidify the State of Palestine, or this thing will never end and Israel will eventually lose as a result, God forbid, at a terrible consequence, both for Israel and for the world who will be taught a very serious historical lesson in the end, for doing nothing when so much was required.

The time for a peace agreement has come, but Harper was too busy kissing ass to forward the cause of Global Peace and Stability, so he was still a total panzy, in the final analysis.

edit on 5-12-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson
You talk about blind support, yet you blindly support Palestine regardless of what they say or do. For example, it doesn't matter to you that Palestinians want to eradication of Israel and the Jews, not peace.

Palestine doesn't call for eradication of the Jews, and no Islamic nation would dare destroy Israel because it is rich in Islamic history. This would be like Native American's calling for the destruction of America, lol.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

Define Palestine?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere

I am ashamed of the people that represent me and my fellow Canadians, and their actions.

I live in America...

You will get used to it...

Exactly. We have to deal with it all the time. Israel is out here looking like maniacs, bombing Gaza, and now trying to expand settlements. We are just stuck with them. Because if we cut off funding they will start crying about how the world turned its back on Israel......

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
The USA are panzies too, if they don't do a damn thing or apply pressure on Israel over the settlements and get tough and maybe even broker a lasting peace agreement, hey anything's possible. The time has come, and Canada and the US do nothing, nothing to step in and put a stop to it. And increase in settlement activity, now? Cmon, that's an insult, to the whole world.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr

Originally posted by TFCJay
reply to post by nightbringr

Manitoba is a sinking ship with Selinger at the helm.

Damn rights.

All the NDP care about is spending like mad to prop up our economy, make themselves look good, and secure another term. Practically treasonous.

If your a Manitoban, i highly recommend you join the Canadian Taxpayers Federation. We petition the government to post balanced budgets in times of economic growth. Anything else is irresponsible.

Is this just in Manitoba? Can Saskatchewanians join too?
(What if I used to live in Trashcona?)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Lets not forget that this "jewish nationalism" you speak of, has collaborated with the third reich, killed thousands of innocent people in an example of ethnic cleansing, assassinated Lord Moyne, killed children at King David Hotel, and perpetrates a program identical to Hitlers Lebensraum program.

You seem like a balanced mind to me...just don't let that get in the way of recognizing a dangerous ideology, and calling for its reform without fear.

Islam is no better ideologically, but the terrible acts committed by Palestinians are no different than the terrible things done to the Germans and Japanese by America....using terror to fight an oppressor is an excepted tactic in the West. They even have a nickname for this carnage...shock and awe.

It would take the Palestinians thousands of years to kill with rockets, the number of human beings killed in Dresden by the allies...in one night.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Battleline

Actually it does. I don't agree with many of the israeli governments actions. I don't hate jews, and in fact count several as ancestors. Just like I don't agree with many of the american government's actions, my own government. I don't hate americans.

It's high time people like yourself get over yourselves. You can disagree with a country's policies without hating it's people. Grow up.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Ok, i'll take your bait, if it'll put a slight end to your insane bantering.

but to all the hateful lies you have posted in this thread and others.

Please, instead of the endless tirade of "your a liar, your a zionist shill, evil, you've never been to Canada, Israel, etc", please, speak civilly for a second, without all the demagogic emotion, and address each point I made like a rational person would.

If you live in Toronto then you are aware of the large Jewish population there and the majority are against Israel and support Palestine.

What do I care? what kind of argument is that? Public opinion is rarely the barometer for political or historical truth.

I bet that pisses you off doesn't it?

umm, Nope. Don't care much.

I dare you to deny that you are a firm defender of Israel and it's right to exist as a Jewish state, all you ever do is twist people's words around and try to make it a Muslim versus Jew thread when really it's about borders of nations and the rights of the people within those nations that is being disputed.

I am a firm and stalwart defender of Israel's right to exist. Why wouldn't I be? Why should anyone be opposed to the right of requiting the sins of both Christian and Muslim expansionism? The Europeans, as Christians, inherited the sins of Rome. The Muslims - who themselves spread their religion by the sword - also should acknowledge the subjection their Jews (or Dhimmis) lived in in Muslim lands.

On another note, what's your take on the 800,000 Sephardic Jews exiled from Muslims lands, dispossessed of their vast assets, which is valued today at 50 Billion? Odd that as a Jew you are so partial to see justice for Palestinians...but what of these Jews? Have you read any books on this subject?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TheHammer22

If national interest, there's nothing wrong with it, if supremacy, then like I said earlier, then it would be some sort of sick and twisted historical irony, with no lessons learned. But Israel is a Jewish nation, predominantly, is it not at heart? And therein lies the predicament, and the potential for racism, not just against Israel but by Israel towards her neighbor and fellow man. There are two types of Zionism, one is simple pride in one's nation, the other racist extremism and you are right to take a stand calling for it's reform, because some of the Zionist elements are no better than the Islamist extremists who's fires are stoked by the neighboring Islamists from Iran (not the people of Iran, but the Mullahs or whatever they call themselves).

Somewhere in that nexus, does there not reside the possibility of peace and a mutual civilization (verb)?

If not, then in the final analysis, both sides are barbarians and are not the least bit civilized, at all.

Harper couldn't have gotten away with saying such a thing to his Jewish audience, so on bahalf of Canada - there I said it.

Forgive me if the above sounded somehow anti-Semitic (sic?), I didn't mean it to. There's nothing wrong with being Jewish or a Jewish Israeli Zionist (nationalist), nothing. Israel is Jewish and it has every right to be, and her people every right to exist in peace and security, and friendship with their neighbors as equals neither better nor less than in terms of human value.

You know Jesus would have had a lot to say about this dilemma if he was here in human form and he would know what to say and wouldn't be so verbose.

edit on 5-12-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I feel for you man. I also hold your views when it comes to our governments being corrupted by many groups including the "Nazi Zionist Regime".

We are slaves of the Rothschilds :/ They built modern day Israel. They control Canada by influence as do they control New Zealand (my home).

Your Apology is not necessary although I completely understand. As the days go by it becomes clearer that we are all human beings belonging to the same global tribe
We should not have to apologise for our tyrannical oligarchs . Hell we shouldn't even HAVE tyrannical oligarchs.

I believe we have identified the problem with our civilisation............

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

What's wrong with Palestine and Israel co-existing? It seems to me (might not be the truth) that you are more in favour of Israel existing than Palestine.
edit on 5-12-2012 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join