It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Non-Essential UN personnel order out of Syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
The attck is coming-probably within 24-49 hbours. UN removes its folks Patriot Missile batteries on the way to Turkey today.

"NATO warns Syria not to use chemical weapons" www.reuters.com...

"(Reuters) - NATO told Syrian President Bashar al-Assad on Tuesday that any use of chemical weapons in his fight against encroaching rebel forces would be met by an immediate international response."

IMMEDIATE response. That means things are in place RIGHT NOW to act. No buidlup or days or weeks needed. This thing can pop at any second. The US, Israel, Turkey and Jordan have coordinated plans in place.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

I appreciate you posting this article, though I think you are getting ahead of yourself.

The attck is coming-probably within 24-49 hbours

I did not get indication of this from article. What i took from it however, is that a immediate response will be the result if these weapons are used.

IMMEDIATE response. That means things are in place RIGHT NOW to act. No buidlup or days or weeks needed. This thing can pop at any second. The US, Israel, Turkey and Jordan have coordinated plans in place.

From the article, it makes note of the preparations underway in light of intelligence claiming the mobilization of these chemical weapons. Thus far, there is no indication that these weapons have been used, therefore no response can be expected at this point.

If these weapons are used, we can expect a quick response from the international community.

People tend to get ahead of themselves with this kind of stuff. The situation is certainly tenuous, but either side has not made any decision yet. Precaution is how i see this.
edit on 4-12-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

From the Link..

...Foreign Ministry in Damascus said it would never use such weapons against Syrians.

CLASSIFIED INTELLIGENCE

The U.S. has collected what has been described as highly classified intelligence information demonstrating that Syria is making what could be construed as preparations to use elements of its extensive chemical weapons arsenal, two U.S. government sources briefed on the issue said.

I wonder who is telling the truth. I'm not being cute. I wonder who is telling the truth..

Making me nervous whether US is lying or Trying the truth..

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

From the Link..

...Foreign Ministry in Damascus said it would never use such weapons against Syrians.

CLASSIFIED INTELLIGENCE

The U.S. has collected what has been described as highly classified intelligence information demonstrating that Syria is making what could be construed as preparations to use elements of its extensive chemical weapons arsenal, two U.S. government sources briefed on the issue said.

I wonder who is telling the truth. I'm not being cute. I wonder who is telling the truth..

Making me nervous whether US is lying or Trying the truth..

President Assad has already stated that he considers the "rebels" to be outside forces, that is, not Syrian... who knows what he might do.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Mister_Bit

interesting point..

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

There are so many hedges and covers in that one statement we're in more of a garden than a debate. lol.... I seem to recall 1991 also had certain accounts of babies being removed from incubators and tossed onto the cold floor to die from exposure so Iraqi soldiers could loot the medial equipment from Kuwait City. Odd though....No one could find any specifics to support that or a dozen stories of pure propaganda just like it.

In 2002 We heard Bush and Co. talk about 7 minute warnings and Mushroom clouds to show the first indication of proof that Saddam was working on WMD. Funny.. Again.. We found squat. Nothing. nada. Some old crap from the 90's..but nothing else and nearly a decade to turn the whole nation upside down looking for it. Warheads may vanish...but the programs to BUILD them don't just up and disappear without a trace.

Personally? I'm sick of being lied to by Uncle Sam. Syria has had Chemical Weapons for over 30 years. They are among the only nations in the world to have a "legal" production and development program running all these years. Israel had their illegal nukes...and Syria had their illegal chem weapons. Both are "legal" by lack of treaty signed.....but they offered a check/balance to each other that held peace for 30 long years.

NOW....We're supposed to believe Assad has blown a fuse, turned outright homicidal (as well as suicidal) and wants to due in a nuclear fireball?! I mean he will reach about 10,000 degrees, personally, the SAME DAY a checmical warhead pops over a population. Syrian, Israeli or martian...it won't matter and he knows it.

I smell the same B.S. I smelled since July/August of 2011 when Homs had "peaceful" protests to start this damn civil war...... ANYTHING it takes to murder Assad and take Syria for the Sunni block of nations forming. ANYTHING it takes. You watch.... They WILL do whatever has to be done by the time this is over.

edit on 4-12-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Mister_Bit

He won't murder thousands upon thousands of Syrian civilians to get the rebels...and the rebels are too cowardly to come out from inside the hidey holes of Civilian populations they use to shield themselves. It's a no-win for Chem Weapons and folks who know history and Assad family history to be very specific, know this family isn't known for histrionics or melodrama. They tend to be brutally..even viciously efficient but coldly pragmatic.

Pragmatism is saying Chem Weapons by Assad is Assad's death. Absolutely cause and effect. He might as well eat his gun. He knows this.

Rebels have absolutely nothing to lose and everything to gain....if they can capture some of those in a functional form. They aren't from Syria. FSA is the umbrella of a dozen or more regional Jihadi and Islamic fighter groups.

edit on 4-12-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
The UN personnel are being removed because the civil war looks certain to completely engulf Damascus before much longer. Nobody wants to be there when that happens.

The whole chemical weapons situation hasn't really changed since this conflict started. Right from the start the concern was that Assad would use them if he was cornered and had nothing to lose. The fact that the fight is now on his doorstep, and that there's a report the chemical weapons are being prepared, suggests that fear is plausible. I don't think he will use them. Most likely he will try and run for it - probably take Russia up on their offer of a way out.

The Patriot missiles going to Turkey is an understandable precaution.

This will probably end just like Libya. Assad will hide/run, eventually get captured and be lynched by the mob. Only difference here is that I don't see NATO getting involved. The rebels seem to be doing OK for themselves....with some help, of course.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
President Obama "If Assad uses chemical warfare upon his people, we shall write a very angry letter to him explaining our disgust at his actions and telling he's a very naughty boy!".

new topics

top topics

join