Originally posted by Dharma Employee
actually I am suprised at how effective I found them of late
the charge from some of them is palatable and obvious,
but so many experiences of energy over the years, some things, you just decide to put the back burner on
the 1/4 mala, is that bracelet type thing as in a titbetan mala YogaGinns ?
Yes it is, I also have full malas with 108 beads and some with only 36 or 54 (they are made of Rudraksha seeds) depending on the size of the beads. I
introduce them to my students by giving each a simple one, then we incorporate into a breathing meditation part way through class.
My own personal mala is made of Unakite, it was not the gemstone, or colour, I wanted when I bought the beads. However, I kept coming back to them
over and over again. So I bought them anyway and made my mala, once completed I looked it up in my books and Unakite was the perfect choice for what
I needed at that time and still do.
Some of its properties:
- used to draw off negative energy and blockage from the Heart Chakra
- said to lift your spirits when you are feeling down
- this is the gemstone to help you to see the beauty in life.
- brings the user more confidence and helps to find things that have been lost.
- helps the body to heal, especially during a long illness
- converts the negative into the positive
- good for grounding, bringing balance both mentally and emotionally
- helps to improve memory and banish forgetfulness
- helps balance and integrate the mind, body and soul and give a feeling of completeness
- connects your everyday life and your spiritual life so you feel in touch with all that is
- aids in removing obstacles in your past that want to haunt & hold you back from being all you can be
- very good for someone that is having a hard time moving on after the loss of a loved one
- held or worn near the heart helps to remove energy blockages
Plus it is a pleasing mix of greens and pinks. If you don't have one in your collection already, research its many other healing affects, you may
find yourself attracted to it as I did. Hope I answered your question.