It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jizya - A tax that you must pay for not accepting Islam

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
If you are a not a muslim than you must take this seriously.Although many of our Muslim brothers and sisters will call me anti-islam for this, I am not 'anti-islam'.You can even check my posts and threads to confirm this.All I am doing is informing you guys something that is true and that you must know.Also don't be shocked if this thread goes down.
Now lets get to the point.

What is Jijya?
Under Islamic law, jizya or jizyah is a per capita tax levied on an Islamic state's non-Muslim citizens.From the point of view of the Muslim rulers, jizya was a material proof of the non-Muslims' acceptance of subjection to the state and its laws, ".In return, non-Muslim citizens were permitted to practice their faith, to enjoy a measure of communal autonomy, to be entitled to the Muslim state's protection from outside aggression.

What did Mohammad say regarding Jijya?

Qur'an (9:29) -

"Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued."

From the Hadith:

Muslim (19:4294) - There are many places in the hadith where Muhammad tells his followers to demand the jizya of non-believers. Here he lays down the rule that it is to be extorted by force:

"If they refuse to accept Islam, demand from them the Jizya. If they agree to pay, accept it from them and hold off your hands. If they refuse to pay the tax, seek Allah's help and fight them"

Bukhari (53:386) - The command for Muslims to spread Islamic rule by force, subjugating others until they either convert to Islam or pay money, is eternal: Our Prophet, the Messenger of our Lord, has ordered us to fight you till you worship Allah Alone or give Jizya (i.e. tribute); and our Prophet has informed us that our Lord says:--

"Whoever amongst us is killed (i.e. martyred), shall go to Paradise to lead such a luxurious life as he has never seen, and whoever amongst us remain alive, shall become your master."

This is being recounted during the reign of Umar, Muhammad's companion and the second caliph who sent conquering armies into non-Muslim Persian and Christian lands (after Muhammad's death).

Ishaq 956 & 962 -

"He who withholds the Jizya is an enemy of Allah and His apostle."
The words of Muhammad.

Many riots,protest have taken and are still taking place because of Jizya. These are of particular importance :-

1)
Front page Magazine Jizya—Prompts Attacks on Christians
2)
Sikhs, Hindus dread Taliban jizya tax in Pakistan

Well that's all that I had to say. Now its up to you to decide whether it is justified or not.

Source :-
edit on 4-12-2012 by svmpua because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Wow, I see a ton of play on words that will pop up in cartoons with that name: Jizya.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
You are obviously an islamophobic racist deserving of a fatwa and will likely be imprisoned by dear leader's regime for exercising your first amendment rights. [/sarcasm]

Great post! Spreading the truth is the will of allah,

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Oh well, pay your tax and you should be sweet. What happens if you don't pay your taxes in a Western country? You don't get a handshake and a medal.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
So its not about allah, its about money. Now muhammad shows his true colors. May peace NOT be upon him.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Convert or give me da money.

I guess in Allah they trust but the rest pay cash.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by svmpua

Yeah...what is there to say, really ?

You have to pay a tax for not believing in a state sponsored God. This does not jibe well with my inner sanctum.

Actually it stimulates my rectum.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually...this is not a bad idea when I think of it.

Let's introduce this tax all over the world. All muslims that live in a non-muslim countries...should pay religion taxes for their liberty to practice their faith.

This could actually save the world's economy. Leave it to our Muslim brothers to find a way out of this mess.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
Oh well, pay your tax and you should be sweet. What happens if you don't pay your taxes in a Western country? You don't get a handshake and a medal.

Nope you become the Seceratary of the Treasury.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Can you imagine if such a law was passed in the West, with those who are not christian being taxed? The uproar would be deafening!

Such intolerance.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Muhammad Ali was the greatest of all time

End of thread.

edit on 4-12-2012 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

LOL in western countries 'each and every' person has to pay tax irrespective of his/her religious background.
But here we are talking about 'tax' that is only to be paid by 'non muslim's'.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by svmpua
reply to post by DarknStormy

LOL in western countries 'each and every' person has to pay tax irrespective of his/her religious background.
But here we are talking about 'tax' that is only to be paid by 'non muslim's'.

Really, you aren't required to pay state or federal taxes

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Muslim's have to pay taxes so why shouldn't non Muslims? People like to claim that America is a Christian nation so are Christians extorting taxes from non Christians?

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Muslim's have to pay taxes so why shouldn't non Muslims? People like to claim that America is a Christian nation so are Christians extorting taxes from non Christians?

What your obviously failing to see is that this is an additional tax above and beyond what the Muslims pay.

I know you, i know the way you post. I can guarantee if a Republican put a motion forth in congress to tax Muslims above and beyond what all others are taxed, you would be up in arms creating a huge post about how wrong it is, how racist and intolerant. Tell me im wrong.

edit on 4-12-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by svmpua

From the Koran, in your OP:

until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.

It is all about submission and being subdued.

Remember that when they want to practice their Sharia law here.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
After looking into this, the jizya is still in existence in different Islamic states today.
moneyjihad
The link above lists sources.
Historically, jizya was twice the rate of the tax imposed on Islamic citizens.

Sounds fair.

It has been used historically as a tool to either force non-believers to flee the country or convert to Islam. This seems to have especially effective when the rate was as high as 80% for jizya.
edit on 4-12-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by svmpua

First off, Sharia law and the Qur'an only apply to Muslims...

Secondly..
..why should we fear? We already pay a s*** load of taxes.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Wow, I see a ton of play on words that will pop up in cartoons with that name: Jizya.
That was my first thought to the word 'Jizya'. I already thought about a bunch but wouldn't type it here

edit on 4-12-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSnow
reply to post by svmpua

First off, Sharia law and the Qur'an only apply to Muslims...

Secondly..
..why should we fear? We already pay a s*** load of taxes.

Jizya applies specifically to non-Muslims living in an Islamic country.

It dates back to Muhammad and is covered in the Koran. Also coverd in the Koran is how Muhammad slaughtered non-believers that refused to submit to Allah. Keep in mind that Islamic men strive to live as Muhammad did. Islamic women submit to their husbands.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join