It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tehran claims capture of US spy drone in Iranian airspace

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
I honestly don't even know why the US is so heavily involved with sending spy drones over Iran. I would think their sole reason for doing so, is to find tangible evidence of a nuclear program so there is a solid and moral backing to an invasion or a bombing. As if the US really needs a real reason anymore to do such a thing.

Cut it out and either declare war or leave them alone. The US is like the bully who continually puts Iran's head in the boy's room urinal each day.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Why not? We have drones flying all over the US spying on our own citizens. I wonder if Iran can sell some of this "stealing" drone tech. to us rednecks in the US?

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by KaiserSoze

They lost an RQ-170, but Iran didn't bring it down. It had a mechanical failure, and it crash landed in Iranian territory. Lockheed operated it, not the USAF, and they didn't have the usual self protection software (self destruct) onboard the aircraft.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by AmberLeaf

If the most powerful nation on the planet can lose its drones to "sand dwelling arabs" what message would that send to more powerful, advanced, nations?

Smoke and mirrors.

1. Iranians are not ARABS
2. sand dwelling? obviously you have never been to Iran
3. you have filthy mouth, go brush your teeth

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie

Originally posted by AmberLeaf

If the most powerful nation on the planet can lose its drones to "sand dwelling arabs" what message would that send to more powerful, advanced, nations?

Smoke and mirrors.

1. Iranians are not ARABS
2. sand dwelling? obviously you have never been to Iran
3. you have filthy mouth, go brush your teeth

Arabs seems to be the word of the day, so i used it...Persian is the proper description.
Its hardly an oasis of forests is it? Compared to the UK its a desert. Have you been to Iran??
Nothing filthy came out of my mouth, i was using "buzz" words from previous posts etc.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Its all good .. I'm sure the US has booby trapped that thing big time.. the possibility of their drone being captured had to have been in their calculations after the first one ..
All the more reason to give them another one .. but this time .. I'm sure it's sending back some data ..and/or waiting for the opportune moment to self destruct and take out a few of their 'revolutionary bright minds' .. that would be something .. if only they can disguise a daisy cutter to look like a drone .. and send it right where it needs to go ...

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by The0nlytruth

American drones are everywhere but how do they know that it is American !
I mean is there any likelihood that the drones are from another country who have bought the drones.

edit on 4-12-2012 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-12-2012 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by zedVSzardoz
I don't see this as a big deal.
They can buy one if they really wanted. I would imagine that any weapon not top secret is available if you have the money and the connections....

Iran is under sanctions so they stand on their borders and looking for any foreign object if it enters 1 mm they capture it. this works well !

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

However, a U.S. defense official, who could not be named because the official was not authorized to speak to the media, told CNN that whatever the Iranians claim to have, it is not an actively operating U.S. Navy drone.

I'm sure it has been mentioned here, but U.S Navy claims are that it is not theirs...

Eh, prolly a Israeli drone. Since it seems America and Israel are one in the same these days. I wouldn't doubt Israel would slap a American flag on theirs to make it seem more authentic.

Good read though. S/F.

-SAP-
edit on 4-12-2012 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Why do we always have to "drone" on and on about the US in Iran's airspace!

Sorry, i couldn't resist!

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

that's what makes me laugh. they've learned their lesson and not send rq-170 sentinel drones, and instead are sending what essentially are glorified rc airplanes.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

Get a grip dude, whats your problem?? Why such a hoo haa over nothing?

I think its time for your afternoon nap kiddo

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

Actually Iran is really quite beautiful. They have mountains *and* forests! If it wasn't for the religious extremeism and the anti-American sentiment ... it would make one heck of a vacation spot!

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
There are people who probably think that America has the right to send spy drones into sovereign foreign territory, and that makes me sick. We are not at war with Iran, and Iran has done nothing to damage our nation, therefore how is violating international law justifiable in this instance? It is not.

Think about what a commotion it would cause if Iran was sending spy drones into America, Canada, Israel, etc. It would be international news, and there would be an outcry from the American public for making Iran pay for this action. That is another thing that makes me sick. It hasn't happened, but I know that is how many of the so called American "patriots" would respond. They do not realize that patriotism has nothing to do with blind allegiance to a government, and they forget that this is how totalitarian regimes control an entire nation. That is what these types of people are helping America become.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
This is pretty serious.

Now Irun will have a heavy weapon where they can step in now when their friend like Hamas are getting their teeth kicked in by the US or the IDF.

OK, maybe not.

Once a chicken always a chicken.

Bok Bok Bok

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen
Seems like a reasonable solution would be to have an elevation detector onboard and, unless a planned landing is in process, if the elevation drops below a certain level, a trigger blows the thing up automatically.

Well if the elevation detector is GPS-based, then one is back to the same problem because the GPS signal can be hacked.

Apparently newer drones use encrypted signals, which make it much harder to hack the drone navigation system, but why wasn't this implemented in the first place? Seems some engineers, company presidents and persons at various levels of the military, including the Sec. of Def. and head of the CIA should be hung for treason for letting such technology fall into "enemy" hands. Of course, the US has a government without accountability.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
reply to post by AmberLeaf

Actually Iran is really quite beautiful. They have mountains *and* forests! If it wasn't for the religious extremeism and the anti-American sentiment ... it would make one heck of a vacation spot!

Yeah, it's like Utah and Idaho in that respect.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by The0nlytruth

Interesting that Tehran have confirmed they have begin to build its own version of the craft, Stealing technology perhaps. The US will not like this at all.

LOL when you crash your toy in the neighbors yard, its not stealing , its reverse engineering !

same damn thing we would do if they flew one and crashed into our countries land, of course being america, we would then assassinate 5000 of our own people, then send 400 thousand troops to iran and say they killed the 5000 people with a drone and thats why we need to go to war with iran. and you know what, people in this country have their head so far up the you know what, THEY WOULD BELIEVE IT hahahah sad.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful

However, a U.S. defense official, who could not be named because the official was not authorized to speak to the media, told CNN that whatever the Iranians claim to have, it is not an actively operating U.S. Navy drone.

I'm sure it has been mentioned here, but U.S Navy claims are that it is not theirs...

Eh, prolly a Israeli drone. Since it seems America and Israel are one in the same these days. I wouldn't doubt Israel would slap a American flag on theirs to make it seem more authentic.

Good read though. S/F.

-SAP-
edit on 4-12-2012 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

It's not an actively operating drone because it is no longer operating. As for it not being a U.S. Navy drone, that doesn't prevent it from being a CIA, DIA or USAF drone. And frankly, Iran is a more credible source than the US military or US government. Although I am sure the folks who will say Iran is lying are the same folks who make a big deal out of Benghazi-gate.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
This is the second time that Iran say they have captured a drone, the first time was a hoax as far as I know, so why would this time be any different? Propaganda springs to mind as maybe the Iranians are playing on they sympathy vote about the illegal spying on them.

Uh...the US acknowledged the previous drone that went down, so no hoax. Just view the YouTube clip of a Fox news report on the first page of this thread. You seem to be the one spewing out false propaganda, no the Iranians.

edit on 5-12-2012 by MrInquisitive because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join