It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tehran claims capture of US spy drone in Iranian airspace

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Tehran claims capture of US spy drone in Iranian airspace

rt.com

The drone was identified as a US-made ScanEagle that was allegedly gathering intelligence on Iran, which was detected after flying over the Persian Gulf for the past two days.
The Islamic Revolution Guard Corps Navy captured the drone after the aircraft violated Iranian airspace, naval chief Rear Admiral Ali Fadavi said.
"Such drones are usually sent [on a] mission from large warships," Fadavi told Fars news agency.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Hmm "Iran later said that the drone was top-secret and equipped with stealth technology, and that Tehran had begun building its own version",
Interesting that Tehran have confirmed they have begin to build its own version of the craft, Stealing technology perhaps. The US will not like this at all.

Also the US have changed the original story( as they do 98% of the time anyhow) stating that "they did not loose a drone" to "they lost contact with the craft during a surveillance mission over neighboring Afghanistan".

Prophecy of a conversation between Obama and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

Obama : Mahmoud, you have our drone and we want our tech back, You are not allowed to commit war crimes the same way we do, This tech is for Zionist personnel only, also this could be an act of war against the US (Not yet verified by our lovely Banksters).

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad : Obama please, Shaking in your boots much? Your not getting as much as one screw back, this tech was in our airspace, and now it is mine, MINE I TELL YOU.

Obama : Right, I have just attached a message to Hillary Clinton's leg, Im going to organise a false flag terrorist attack then send my lapdog over there to get our # back.

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad : Osama, Wait no... Obama, suuuure come and get it, Ill put it in a Russian silo then ask the lovely Russians to hide that # somewhere in chinas many many wharehouses in the middle of nowhere, I have also put a picture or me on the side and sprayed that # pink, so Go # yourself.

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Seems like a reasonable solution would be to have an elevation detector onboard and, unless a planned landing is in process, if the elevation drops below a certain level, a trigger blows the thing up automatically.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
The ScanEagle is a small class UAV that is catapult launched and recovered by flying into a cable and hooking a wingtip. There's nothing really stealthy about it, except that it's small. It's almost like a missile body with a long wingspan for long loiter times.

www.boeing.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Pretty likely to have some stuff onboard that you wouldn't want to fall into another government's hands, though, eh?

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I don't see this as a big deal.

They can buy one if they really wanted. I would imagine that any weapon not top secret is available if you have the money and the connections....

The software on the other hand, might pose a security threat for future drone operations.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
The U.S. Navy is denying this, and claim that all of their drones are accounted for, so who's drone was it?

The Iranians are also claiming they are increasing their uranium enrichment at their underground facility. (unsubstantiated)

The clock is ticking... The red line approaching more rapidly than many expected, Syria is preparing for a final battle and perhaps an act of genocidal aggression against their own people. (possible false-flag) When the Assad regime falls all focus will shift to Iran.

We'll see...

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I think this is the most interesting part of the article:

Tehran earlier reported about at least dozens instances of American spy drones shut down since the US invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan.

Shut down? Not shot down? I wonder if this is a typo or if they can shut down the drones? I'm sure if they can shut them down, not only would they be able to re-activate them, but, it will make the US think twice about sending any drones in there that could potentially give Iran an upper hand.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
So did they make a replica?

If the most powerful nation on the planet can lose its drones to "sand dwelling arabs" what message would that send to more powerful, advanced, nations?

Smoke and mirrors.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

Dont underestimate Iran's technology, they are much more evolved than your description.

This little drone they've captured is only four feet long, with a 10 foot wingspan. Mostly generic surveillance equipment that most other countries already have.
Although unarmed, a military surveillance aircraft flying over their airspace can be considered an 'act of war' and can be presented to the UN.

“The drone may be an unharmed surveillance aircraft, but according to international law, violation of a sovereign state air space constitutes an act of war and can be referred to the UN Security Council,”

Interesting we aren't trying to be stealthy about it at all...

US boosts number of spy drones flying over Iran

edit on 4-12-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I honestly don't even know why the US is so heavily involved with sending spy drones over Iran. I would think their sole reason for doing so, is to find tangible evidence of a nuclear program so there is a solid and moral backing to an invasion or a bombing. As if the US really needs a real reason anymore to do such a thing.

Cut it out and either declare war or leave them alone. The US is like the bully who continually puts Iran's head in the boy's room urinal each day.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
This is the second time that Iran say they have captured a drone, the first time was a hoax as far as I know, so why would this time be any different? Propaganda springs to mind as maybe the Iranians are playing on they sympathy vote about the illegal spying on them.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Are you sure? I thought the first time had been confirmed.

On 4 December 2011, an American Lockheed Martin RQ-170 Sentinel unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) was captured by Iranian forces near the city of Kashmar in northeastern Iran.

Here is a pretty concise summary according to wikipedia.
edit on 4-12-2012 by KaiserSoze because: Seems to me like most fighting in the world happens in the countries with the least bacon.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

How was it a hoax? Obama even asked for it back.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by GLaDOS

The unmanned U.S. spy plane captured by Iran appears to be a fake, a former Pentagon official has claimed. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Whether fake or not, this is nothing more than a propaganda war.
edit on 4-12-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lonewulph

Interesting we aren't trying to be stealthy about it at all...

Yes.

What's most likely is, that in an effort to give Tehran a false sense of security about the shortcomings of US surveillance technology, it was, in fact, an intentional breach.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I'd think that most drones are, by definition, 'disposable'.

That being said: Duck Tape.

*edit*: And superglue! Lolololol.
edit on 4-12-2012 by SymbolicLogic because: humor.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
reply to post by GLaDOS

The unmanned U.S. spy plane captured by Iran appears to be a fake, a former Pentagon official has claimed. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

www.dailymail.co.uk...

The word of an "ex-official" aren't quite as convincing as official confirmation.

The US admitted that they lost that stealth drone in Iran...

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ausername

Well, as I said mate, regardless of the veracity of the story, drones malfunction all the time, so it could have happened, but for all the media coverage, it is just propaganda crap.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by The0nlytruth

Again? Just too many mistakes over there...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join