It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Number of Mass Animal Deaths for 2012 - updated

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I came across this site which was tracking the mass animal deaths for this year, WOW, quite a lot. They would have to number in the millions.

A few of the cases have explanations such as a variety of Avian Flu or Sea lice etc, but most do not give explanations. I would think with all the "science" available to us today it would be the other way around.

My personal opinion is that these increasing mass animal deaths are related to the increased tectonic activity around the planet. Most of you know the origins of the phrase "canary in the coal mine", canaries were used as they would die due to exposure of dangerous gases much more quickly than humans would.

Here is a list of some gases released by tectonic activity with varying degrees of toxicity:

Methane
Carbon Monoxide
Hydrogen Sulphide
Sulphur Dioxide
Nitrogen Dioxide

I think the increasingly disturbed magnetosphere has played a role as well, more significant for migrating pelagics which beach themselves.

This Fall I have not seen any migrating flocks of Canada geese fly over my house, whereas in most years I'll see at least two to three flocks per day for a four week period or so.

And no, I don't think these deaths are due to "fracking", or neither because of the internet we are just hearing of them more often now.

List of mass animal die-offs for 2012 - updated

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Man that's a long list...

2nd

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
As astounding as that all seems, what do we have for comparison? Is there a compiled list of mass die-offs from previous years? Even if there is, do you think that they would be as extensive as this considering people were not really looking for them before 2012 due to all the doomsday hype?

I just have a hard time believing that these die-offs have any significance with they 2012 doomsday theory, not that that is what you were insinuating.

In any case, they don't seem to be that uncommon.

"Large mortality events in wildlife aren't that uncommon," says Paul Slota, spokesman for the U.S. Geological Survey's National Wildlife Health Center in Madison, Wis., which has been tracking mass animal deaths since the 1970s. "In the last 10 years we have logged 188 cases just involving birds with mortality exceeding 1,000 animals per event."

I guess that someone is keeping track. lol

On average, between 160 and 200 such "mass death" events in wildlife are reported to the federal government each year, according to the USGS.

The Associated Press also noted that there have been much larger die-offs than the thousands of blackbirds in Arkansas; twice in the summer of 1996, more than 100,000 ducks died of botulism in Canada.

Bird die offs? Not that rare.

Also, things like the one on January first are easy to explain. Fireworks....enough said.

Just saying.

edit on 4-12-2012 by Renegade2283 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Well, your article says in ten years they have logged 188 cases with more than 1,000 animals per case, that works out to an average of 18.8 cases per year, not exactly a torrid pace, much lower than what we have seen in 2011 and 2012.

Also, the article you linked states 160 to 200 mass animal deaths get reported to the Federal Government each year, but how many of these reports are multiple accounts of the same event?

Also, I know from cases close to me in Ontario, at Wasaga beach, Lake Simcoe and Lake Erie scientists have struggled to come up with answers, and many times have not, and when they have the answers have not been very convincing, like this one, weather??? blamed for fish deaths, after initial GUESSES that a virus was to blame:

Weather to blame for fish deaths?

Also, there is my own personal account corroborated by many in my city on the North shore of lake Ontario of the missing migration of Canada geese seen every year since I was born, as many as 12 flocks a day in October over my house for most of October and some of November - and not a single one this year.

I'm not linking it to any doomsday, just noticing anomalous incidents and looking for possible explanations.

edit on 4-12-2012 by PlanetXisHERE because: spelling

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Maybe its because we are now more connected than ever with the internet on everyone's phone we can keep the world up to date in literally 20 seconds with twitter. So maybe animals have always been dying like this we just never really got all the information at one time before.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I'll just leave this here, for those who don't understand why we're having these die-offs.

Sadly, we won't be far behind them; the bees, the birds, the oceanic life.

Resonance - Beings of Frequency

www.youtube.com...
edit on 12/4/12 by s0l4rn1ghtm4r3 because: Gave title of movie.

edit on 12/4/12 by s0l4rn1ghtm4r3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Animals die off. It happens more frequently than you may realize, and I haven't seen anything credible to suggest otherwise. It's like when they tell us there are more earthquakes happening now more than ever, when in reality, the average number of quakes have pretty much remained constant for a long time now. I chalk it all down to more scientific and media coverage.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I agree. What I've learned that as our magnetic field is becoming more unstable magnetic anomalies form vortexes which may result in certain gasses being released from the earth. Scientists have found that we have holes in our magnetosphere already that are allowing solar radiation to hit us directly.
Animal mass deaths are likely signs that we are fast approaching a shift of the magnetic poles which will allow solar storms to wreak havoc on us.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Thanks asktheanimals, I forgot about that one, holes in the magnetosphere due to it's instability letting in concentrated amounts of solar radiation which may not be instantly lethal to us may be to more delicate beings such as birds and fish.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

Here's an interesting post that may have the answer- www.abovetopsecret.com...

Solar radiation and cosmic rays are transmuting matter here on Earth.
Expect a dramatic increase as we cross the galactic plane.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Renegade2283
As astounding as that all seems, what do we have for comparison? Is there a compiled list of mass die-offs from previous years? Even if there is, do you think that they would be as extensive as this considering people were not really looking for them before 2012 due to all the doomsday hype?

I just have a hard time believing that these die-offs have any significance with they 2012 doomsday theory, not that that is what you were insinuating.

In any case, they don't seem to be that uncommon.

"Large mortality events in wildlife aren't that uncommon," says Paul Slota, spokesman for the U.S. Geological Survey's National Wildlife Health Center in Madison, Wis., which has been tracking mass animal deaths since the 1970s. "In the last 10 years we have logged 188 cases just involving birds with mortality exceeding 1,000 animals per event."

I guess that someone is keeping track. lol

On average, between 160 and 200 such "mass death" events in wildlife are reported to the federal government each year, according to the USGS.

The Associated Press also noted that there have been much larger die-offs than the thousands of blackbirds in Arkansas; twice in the summer of 1996, more than 100,000 ducks died of botulism in Canada.

Bird die offs? Not that rare.

Also, things like the one on January first are easy to explain. Fireworks....enough said.

Just saying.

edit on 4-12-2012 by Renegade2283 because: (no reason given)

Maybe there isn't a mass list of animals deaths because there was never a need to make such a list before.

But hey, with all the things humans do on this planet, does it really surprise anyone that the animals are dying off?

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
maybee somthing more sinister is at play hear,the forefilment of prophecy ,the end of days theater
all these bird flu s go back about a decade in the news i could be wrong but i think all these pandemics
are created in a lab and this is what it has evolved into?
anyone?

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Whoa !!

I had made a thread a while back on animal die offs but it pales in comparison to this list !!!!

I wish we had a record over previous decades to see the numbers. While I believe that some die offs are a normal occurrence, I think that some scales of death are amazing at best and seriously frightening at worst.

Personally, I don't think the quantities and diversities are normal but that's just me.

S&F. More people have to see this....

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I went through the list and counted 168 of these happened in the US. Since we are such a large supplier of grain to the world, I wonder how much of this can be due to fertilizer run off, pesticides...etc.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
These have been dry tests with new technology.
The target a group of lifeforms, lock onto their particular energy frequency, turn a couple of dials and then boom, a bunch of animals die off in mass.
Now, that they've fine tuned their instruments they are just waiting for an opportune time take action.
Let's see, what's just around the corner that already has a lot of world destruction angles to it?
Let me think for a minute… hmmm…..

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

probably trying to make room for all the 7 billion humans......bad trade

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
I went through the list and counted 168 of these happened in the US. Since we are such a large supplier of grain to the world, I wonder how much of this can be due to fertilizer run off, pesticides...etc.

Good point David64, I also wonder about that, and the fact that these animals may also be eating a high GMO food intake to body weight ratio.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Wholy Schnikees!
It's just a few animals is all-probably because we have better technology reporting systems-

What is everything else going to eat? What are we going to eat?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonoftheSun

Whoa !!

I had made a thread a while back on animal die offs but it pales in comparison to this list !!!!

I wish we had a record over previous decades to see the numbers. While I believe that some die offs are a normal occurrence, I think that some scales of death are amazing at best and seriously frightening at worst.

Personally, I don't think the quantities and diversities are normal but that's just me.

S&F. More people have to see this....

Ya, I had seen some other lists as well, but they were not as comprehensive as this one.

Some say it is just that now we are more connected, the internet etc that we hear about these deaths - I say baloney.

These are the facts: where I live, in Southern Ontario, say in the Eighties or Nineties, you would hear about some unexplained mass fish death in this whole area, including Lake Ontario, Lake Erie (I'm excluding the many known cases of envirnomental pollution in this lake), Georgian Bay (part of Lake Huron) or Lake Simcoe - maybe once a decade, you would very rarely hear about such an occurence.

Now, for the last three years or so, you hear about such mass death occurences maybe once every couple months.

And the media loves to report on such sensational things as it sells - so these incidents were reported 20 years ago, just in a different fashion like in the newspaper or on tv.

Sure today because of the internet we're more likely to hear about stories from around the world and far flung corners of the globe - but newsworthy events from your own region, by definition, were newsworthy two decades ago and are newsworthy today.

Anyway, in this region, Southern Ontario, these incidents have dramatically increased, especially over the last 3-4 years, compared with two or three decades ago, so can posters PLEASE give the "oh the internet makes us more connected" explanations a rest.

edit on 5-12-2012 by PlanetXisHERE because: addition

edit on 5-12-2012 by PlanetXisHERE because: addition

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64

Think about it. If a bunch of birds or fish are eating something toxic, is it more likely they are going to all die at once and fall from the sky so that their bodies land in a circle of 100 ft or so diameter?

Or is it more likely that they will ingest varying amounts of whatever it is and that combined with different weights and metabolims, ages etc they will be lethally affected at slightly different times and fall dead from the sky over a varying period of minutes or hours in such a widely dispersed area that no one will ever think that something untoward has happened?

However, if they fly though some toxic gas like Hydrogen Sulphide this could kill them all instantly and their bodies would land in a manner that relflected this.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join