It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Problem when replying to u2u messages

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Hello,

I am experiencing a problem when trying to reply to a u2u message. I have searched for the answer with the site search engine. I used the terms "replying to messages u2u" and I also tried ""replying to messages" u2u" (the exact phrase "replying to messages").

Here is a description of my problem.

I hit the reply button. The reply message text contains the quoted in formation automatically. Sometimes, I may want to delete it all, delete some of it, or delete none at all. Usually I try to place my cursor at the very top left of the box where [ quote ] is located. Then I hit the return key to separate my text from the quoted text.

I am occasionally unable to reply to messages. I cannot add any new text to the reply. Sometimes, I start writing a reply only to have the issue crop up mid-typing. It is frustrating. Frequently to reply to a u2u message, I must open a new message to the other user and input my response ass a brand new message.

I am using an IPad 2 with iOs 5 and Safari is my browser. I suspect the problem may have to do with this platform, or more users would be having similar difficulty.

TIA to any members who can help me figure this out!
Peace
Otter
edit on 12/4/2012 by TheOtter because: Clarification

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Yes that happens with Safari in iOS 5, especially if there are multiple RE:'s in the title.

It is a problem with Safari and iOS 5.*. Please note that on Safari on iOS 6, you won't even be able to read your U2U's The coding has not changed on ATS's end. It seems to be Apple's tweaking of Safari and the iOS as there was no problems in iOS 4 nor the original 5.0 that I noticed.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Thanks for the response. It sucks to be me!

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOtter

You can always download and install Chrome, Opera, Firefox or some other web browser just as people who use Windows machines eventually discover the unreliability and problem ridden flawed nature of Internet Explorer regardless the version.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

On IOS 6 not even chrome will NOT open your messages on a regular basis.

edit on 4-12-2012 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

In that case, search the user name you want to reply to using ATS search function. Find a post of theirs, and then from the drop down on their avatar, just send a new message with the base quote pasted in?

I don't use Apple systems so, this is an untried suggestion, though it follows standard logical paths of troubleshooting in finding a work-around.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
sorry, left a very important word out of the above post.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies. I take it Chrome is not the best, but Firefox should work ok?

I refused to download iOS 6 when it came out because I heard they nixed google and I really, really love my google maps when I travel (which is a lot).

Back when I used windows I used both chrome and firefox. Sort of varying back and forth depending on my mood. I felt Firefox was better for security than chrome or IE. in fact a white picket fence would have been more useful than IE.

Moving along to give it a try! Thanks!

top topics

join