What does it mean to be? What does it mean to have the "awareness"? Am I doing or being?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Athlon, I don't have anything against you

I'm say that with different people in my life I tend to get shy if there is a problem such as if I feel they are taking advantage or not being fair. Instead I just go away, but if I encounter them and try to not think about it to avoid "conflict" ( I don't want to cause offense or arguments) - this is what leads to me feeling trapped that I can't say what I feel.

This is what I mean, it is a dilemma. Being silence cause less conflicts and just let life happen as I flow with it but if I don't speak up I still feel "not free", and speaking up may cause conflict, but it may help me to feel free that I expressed myself.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Athlon, I don't have anything against you

I'm say that with different people in my life I tend to get shy if there is a problem such as if I feel they are taking advantage or not being fair. Instead I just go away, but if I encounter them and try to not think about it to avoid "conflict" ( I don't want to cause offense or arguments) - this is what leads to me feeling trapped that I can't say what I feel.

This is what I mean, it is a dilemma. Being silence cause less conflicts and just let life happen as I flow with it but if I don't speak up I still feel "not free", and speaking up may cause conflict, but it may help me to feel free that I expressed myself.

It is a bad feeling when you feel you cant speak your mind for the feeling it will offend someone. You must speak anything you want to me, you can never offend me i kinda like it. Its like bad publicity is good publicity and im wild one.

edit on 5-12-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

In the video, he said the awareness is the pause between the thoughts (the silence). I know it is probably impossible to keep the thoughts stopped but I am trying to at least remember to return to silence. When meditating it is easy, but during the day I somehow keep losing awareness...
edit on 4-12-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

He said awareness is all there is, there is only awareness. He said it is your true nature. He said cease allowing attention to settle on thoughts ie pause thinking for a few moments.....................................and.that's awareness.
edit on 5-12-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

This is another clip of someone else
Free awareness - Be undisturbed

youtu.be...

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Originally posted by arpgme

In the video, he said the awareness is the pause between the thoughts (the silence). I know it is probably impossible to keep the thoughts stopped but I am trying to at least remember to return to silence. When meditating it is easy, but during the day I somehow keep losing awareness...
edit on 4-12-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

He said awareness is all there is, there is only awareness. He said it is your true nature. He said cease allowing attention to settle on thoughts ie pause thinking for a few moments.....................................and.that's awareness.

This is another clip of someone else
Free awareness - Be undisturbed

youtu.be...

Not thinking is not awareness. Not thinking is not consciousness. If anything, it is unawareness or unconsciousness. Is one aware when he is asleep and unburdened by the focus on thought? To be asleep is our true nature? Is it not in our nature to think and to think about our thoughts?

One cannot remove a piece of himself without leaving a void where that something once was. How is removing a piece of ourselves painting a better picture of our true nature? Wouldn't it be better to grasp the entirety rather than the fragments of something that was once whole?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

He said cease allowing attention to settle on thoughts. Thought will not stop but the background that they appear upon (the space the appear in) will become more apparent.
The background is always there behind the noise.
The background is aware of what appears. It is what is always present but is rarely noticed.

When this background is realized thought becomes a thing you use, when it is required, instead of ensnaring you. The mind becomes a great tool instead of being your master.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

He said cease allowing attention to settle on thoughts. Thought will not stop but the background that they appear upon (the space the appear in) will become more apparent.
The background is always there behind the noise.
The background is aware of what appears. It is what is always present but is rarely noticed.

When this background is realized thought becomes a thing you use, when it is required, instead of ensnaring you. The mind becomes a great tool instead of being your master.

Although still ambiguous, this was a much better explanation.

The presenter of your video must've been too preoccupied with appearing enlightened to find a better way to explain his tautologies.

It is in my opinion that you should stop using them to get your points across. Rather than point your opponents to the opinions of others and their flaccid self-gratifying stares, we should hear your take instead of an exaggerated take of someone else's take. You spit wisdom, itsnowagain. But it's marred by the contagious wisdom of others.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

What does it mean to be "aware"?

Be aware that whatever it is you're doing, want to do or plan on doing will come to an end.

Be aware that, while the waves you make may seem to have an effect or consequence, they have no bearing whatsoever on the ocean of existence.

All our thoughts and endeavors have no real meaning or value, other than to simply exist.

While we can learn from our experiences, ultimately we learn that we exist for no other reason than just to be here.

My personal take, of course.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

It always interests me to hear the interpretations. It amazes me how the mind hears things that are not there.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join