It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China wants to cultivate on Mars!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
This may sound crazy, but Chinese spacemen are getting ready to venture into space and actually grow their own food on celestial bodies like the Moon or Mars.

Four kinds of vegetables were grown in an "ecological life support system", a 300 cubic metre cabin which will allow astronauts to develop their own stocks of air, water and food while on space missions, Xinhua news agency said.
Cosmos Magazine article says a bit more about it.

So really, by using these sort of techniques, living on Mars would then be possible? This certainly leaves the possibility to be taken seriously, as getting supplies in sufficient quantity is one of the major problems in such a travel for even just a few people.

This is potentially one of the best news I've read recently relating to space travel and possibilities of expanding humanity outside the boundaries of our little rocky planet!
edit on 4-12-2012 by SpookyVince because: Typo fixed

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
it needs to be done and I really hope it does happened and soon. hopefully Mars more than the moon.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SpookyVince

If they're going to use water from Mars to do this, I say go for it.

If they're going to use water from Earth, I say No! - that water belongs to Earthens!

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

China's first astronaut Yang Liwei said last month that Chinese astronauts may start a branch of China's ruling Communist Party in space, state media reported. "If we establish a party branch in space, it would also be the 'highest' of its kind in the world,"

This is exciting news though; I'd love to see permanent settlements on the moon, or better yet, Mars. It would certainly be a very interesting point in human history.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by trollz

Actual smart people don't brag about their IQ's.

They're smart enough to know better!!

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
If China wants to move to Mars all i can say is SEE YA!!!

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
If china has all this ambition in having a significant Achievements in discovering the universe
is this means it's well be an intense competition between NASA and china ?
just like the Soviet union and NASA ?

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
OH NO!!! I am hoping that some countries get together and sign a PETITION to stop this!!! If China launches ANY piece of equipment up there into space, you can count of TONS of space junk happening.

We ALL KNOW that everything made in china falls apart or fails after even the slightest amount of usage. On its way through the earths atmosphere, you can count on at least something coming off and raining parts down from above!! Made in china = JUNK!!!!!!! And if its anything that flies through the air overhead, it = DANGEROUS!!!!!!!

Hopefully this madness isnt allowed. The planet as well as space doesnt need made-in-china junk flying around up there.

edit on 8-12-2012 by oper8zhin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by oper8zhin
OH NO!!! I am hoping that some countries get together and sign a PETITION to stop this!!! If China launches ANY piece of equipment up there into space, you can count of TONS of space junk happening.

We ALL KNOW that everything made in china falls apart or fails after even the slightest amount of usage. On its way through the earths atmosphere, you can count on at least something coming off and raining parts down from above!! Made in china = JUNK!!!!!!! And if its anything that flies through the air overhead, it = DANGEROUS!!!!!!!

Hopefully this madness isnt allowed. The planet as well as space doesnt need made-in-china junk flying around up there.

edit on 8-12-2012 by oper8zhin because: (no reason given)

oh look, the "made in china junk" gang have hit this thread. Almost
everything we own is made in china, including most prob your
computer, my xbox etc My suff from china is not "falling to bits" so stop
being OTT.

China is showing ambition when it comes to space, and i say good on
them!

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

Yep exactly.

People tend to forget the difference between the "money-makers-at-all-costs-industries-owned-by-private-greedy-people"
and the technologically able scientific community powered by their government.

In fact, most of our made-in-China electronics are more reliable than this guy's (very obviously) american Ford's. Just for instance.

Originally posted by oper8zhin
We ALL KNOW that everything made in china falls apart or fails after even the slightest amount of usage.
As we all know that absolutely everything else that's made elsewhere is 100% fault-proof.

Or not.
edit on 10-12-2012 by SpookyVince because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I say good on them as well. I hope they do it soon. Let them be the trailblazers and spend their money setting up the ropes. I'm just wondering if the USA will try and 'restrain' them in some way such as limiting allowable space or try and set controls of some sort. I hope they go to Mars. That would be cool. With the extreme heat, they should be able to take advantage of and use it to create a commnuity that can grow and thrive. While using the ice they melt for water. It sounds like a great plan. And if they're smart, they'll only take non GMO seeds so they don't have to keep sending seeds for future plantings.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
AWESOME, I say let the space race begin again! NASA needs some new competition, just like back in the cold war. This way countries will be focused more on space research instead of war here on earth.

BUT, we should not forget about earth, it is still possible to safe her. We must be fast and clean up the mess we made. We shouldn't just forget about her and try it on another planet, after all, earth is a unbelievable fascinating planet, without her we would be none.

top topics

join