It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Stationary "Disk Shape" Object hover above Hessdalen, and a shine bright white object, LIVE!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Slave2Fate

A self-consistent definitive theory of
the phenomenon’s nature and origin in all its aspects cannot be constructed
yet quantitatively, but some of the observations can be explained by an
electrochemical model for the ball-lightning phenomenon. The importance is
stressed of using more sophisticated instrumentation in the future.

scientificexploration.org...
also this from the same journal

It is not yet known whether these manifestations are different and rarer aspects of the same ‘‘standard’’ light phenomena or whether they are distinct phenomena that overlap with the standard one for some unknown reasons. A similar strange mixture of ‘‘standard earth-light phenomena’’ and very exotic features are reported in other locations of the Earth too (see Appendix 2). This uncomfortable side of the anomaly constitutes
valuable observational evidence and must be investigated more deeply. Also, working hypotheses different from those covering earth lights (Teodorani, 1998, 2000, 2001a, 2001b; Sturrock, 1999) should be followed up. This research must be conducted by considering how far standard physics can take us, but also
with some parallel attention to those other anomalies whose possibly spurious relevance should be investigated. This means simply following one of the main prerequisites of science: methodological rigor. Methodological rigor can be applied to everything.

In general, all of the evidence we have found demands further study using more sophisticated instrumentation. For example, more precise synchronization of radio and optical detection is required if we are to understand the possible connections between them. New spectra of the light emission must be obtained at higher resolution, and recordable infra-red data are needed. Radar instruments with imaging capability are required both to determine the kinematic parameters of the tracks and to determine their cross section.

scientificexploration.org...

They say that the geological location and seismic qualities of Hessdalen could explain most of the occurences according to the Zou model of piezo-electricity relative to electromagnetic phenomena, but that it is insufficient to characterize exactly what is happening with regards to "Earth lights" seen in other locations around the world.
So there you have it.

Hessdalen itself could potentially be explainable but it has not been proven completely yet. As far as lights around the world are concerned (lights only, not instances seeing solid craft with lights) there is still much more research to do. At least the scientists behind this journal are being completely objective in their findings.
edit on 12/7/2012 by smarterthanyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by smarterthanyou

Have you watched the documentary about Hessdalen?

The many witness accounts of structured craft of various sizes cannot be explained away as natural phenomena. And what about the very large piece of earth mysteriously cut from the ground and moved, perfectly intact, a small distance from it's original location? No machinery tracks, all the cuts made with precision, and the weight of the piece itself? In a remote location, and discovered quite by accident?

There is/was something going on in the Hessdalen area that defies explanation.

Remember these witnesses are quiet rural Norwegians, they would have very little to gain by making these stories up. I would say that there a lot of people that haven't came forward with their sightings.

edit on 8-12-2012 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Just want to say thank you to the OP for mentioning Hessdalen Valley. I never heard of this place. Its a treasure trove of UFOness. Thats why this website is amazes me over and over again.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabhac-rua
reply to post by smarterthanyou

Have you watched the documentary about Hessdalen?

Hessdalen is an amazing place with quite a bit going on, but I would disagree with several of your assertions here.

The many witness accounts of structured craft of various sizes cannot be explained away as natural phenomena.

Remember these witnesses are quiet rural Norwegians, they would have very little to gain by making these stories up. I would say that there a lot of people that haven't came forward with their sightings.

If we assume that witness accounts of structured craft are wholly accurate, you may well be right, but should we make such an assumption? To approach this from a truly objective perspective, we must remain open to the possibility that some of the described phenomena may in fact be the result of psychological effects known to be associated with the electromagnetic fields of UAP. The MOD discussed this in their E xecutive Summary released in May of 2006.

Likewise, Massimo Teodorani mentions this trait of plasmas in an interview he gave in February of 2011.

Massimo Teodorani
I think that in almost all the reported cases people tend to “fantasize” what they see in good faith: it is a psychological effect that is often triggered and can happen to everyone. I also think that the electromagnetic field the phenomenon produces, especially if it is emitted in low frequency, may induce hallucination states in the mind of people, so that possibly what effectively happened around them may be altered by a neurological factor. These are hypotheses that do not lessen the sincerity of witnesses in telling these facts. Unfortunately these witnesses add very little to scientific investigation but certainly do increase statistics of the area.

Like Teodorani, I don't question the sincerity of these witnesses, but it would be negligent of us to rule out the possibility that some of their testimonies may not be wholly accurate in describing the observed phenomena.

There is a lot of other really good information in that interview as well. It's a must read for anyone sincerely interested in Hessdalen, in my humble opinion.

And what about the very large piece of earth mysteriously cut from the ground and moved, perfectly intact, a small distance from it's original location? No machinery tracks, all the cuts made with precision, and the weight of the piece itself? In a remote location, and discovered quite by accident?

We may feel inclined to associate this with the light and plasma phenomena observed in the valley, but we would only be doing so based on proximity. As puzzling as the cut earth may be, it could very well be completely distinct from the Hessdalen lights and certainly isn't outside the capacity of human beings to have accomplished. I agree that it is a mystery, and I don't claim to know what made those cuts and moved that ground, but I don't want to jump to conclusions about it either.

There is/was something going on in the Hessdalen area that defies explanation.

We must keep in mind that just because we might not know the precise answers about something, that doesn't mean it is unexplainable. With more study and research I'm confident that science can reveal the mechanics behind these types of phenomena, not only in Hessdalen but in other areas of the world where earthlights regularly appear.

At any rate it is a fascinating subject and could potentially provide great benefits in many fields.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by booNyzarC

heya boony... good to see you here... welkomen to ats...

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by mcrom901
reply to post by booNyzarC

heya boony... good to see you here... welkomen to ats...

Thanks for the welcome mcrom

And thanks for the above image link to the MOD Executive Summary. I borrowed that from you.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join