It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Stationary "Disk Shape" Object hover above Hessdalen, and a shine bright white object, LIVE!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I think it must be an artifact....
There is a object, a light in the center of the screen again..
right now

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I bet that cloud feels really stupid popping up in a heavily monitored UFO area

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Because of the type of camera it is, the image looks squashed but it's basically the same thing we see when the camera is pointed directly at the sun.

The time stamp on it makes me believe this is sunset.
The "cloud/ UFO" to me, looks like the black dot effect on the sun.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Another cloud from streetcrap1 i see.
Better than a reflection i suppose, but still nothing worth debating.

Its a cloud!!!

edit on 4-12-2012 by AmberLeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Just seen a light come up from the trees and going from right side of screen the left, like a plane taking off
I took a couple of screenshots but it was fast, it was over in a minute or two

it was a bright orb of light, it was not flashing or anything just bright white..
The screenshots are two big to upload, will upload later if necessary, but from its movement it looked like a plane

The camera got great night vision, I am sure its in the dark hours the most interesting observations will be made, I just watched it for 5 min and then this
edit on 4-12-2012 by Spacespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by Arken

Interesting.

Take an area that's well known for its UFO phenomena.

Add an object to some time lapse footage.

Instant hit for the believers.

Hessdalen has a genuine claim to something special. This ain't it.

Disregarding the 'object' which doesn't move a muscle, the cctv camera seems to be in normal mode, a car passes near the end in pretty much a normal fashion.
Your'e right about the area though, and it goes back longer than from the 80's. There were 'flaps' in the 60's and during WW2, though both periods could expect to have man made objects whizzing about too.
The stills pictures are a bit of a problem, as we are expected to assume these are dancing lights rather than camera shake, but my guess is that in the main they are genuine and as given, none of them have the atypical hoaxer using LED's for instance, whose modulating light can produce 'strange' effects, (we had one hoaxer here doing just that) a while back.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Hey everybody,

I think these videos are very valuable because they record the extraordinary emotional response from the people that are viewing the lights.

Here is another vid of the same footage without the soundtrack so you can hear the voices of the people viewing the lights...

How many times have we all read accounts of UFO experiencers that describe the emotions that the experiencer had when having their encounter? They have everything from feelings of great elation to feelings of deep dread.

And that is just from viewing them in the sky.

I would like to offer, as has been by others, that just as important as the lights themselves, is the influence that the lights have on human beings and their emotions.

Valle and others have pointed out that what is really important is our relationship with this exclusively human experience. Not just where 'they' may be from and what they are doing here and what their technology is all about, but how we have related to the experience.

People have been viewing the Hessdalen lights since the 40s at least. Tourists flocked there in the 80s because the lights were appearing with great frequency. Even people seeing them many times have the same pronounced emotional gush when they appear.

Have you ever been whale watching?

I have; many times. If you have you will probably remember that some folks on the boat even cry when the whales appear. I have. Even after seeing them many times, people return over and over to tap in to that emotion, maybe based on feelings of connection and loss, that they find so elusive in daily life.

I watched a guy run in to the Gulf of Mexico, in full LCE, up to his neck once because Dolphins swam by.

The people at Hessdalen remind me of whale watchers.

We all know that whatever is up at Hessdalen is not spaceships. It is geomagnetic or geophysical.

When Walter Evans-Wentz wrote The fairy-faith in Celtic countries, he recorded dozens of episodes of people that saw lights flying around that were at the time attributed to the Tuatha and fairy-folk.

To be short about it, I would love to see the opportunity to understand the origins of this phenomenon, geophysical or not, and our relationship to it, that has been presented in Hessdalen taken advantage of. It would be a shame if the chance got flushed along with aliens in spaceships.

?
edit on 4-12-2012 by Xoanon because: .

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

This is new news to me so thank you for the thread.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
Because of the type of camera it is, the image looks squashed but it's basically the same thing we see when the camera is pointed directly at the sun.

I though that too, but it's hard to determine how much light is available, it needs to be the very brightest spot before the camera goes into CCD protection mode. We do need to know more about the actual provenance of the Youtube video though, the camera is obviously the streetcam that is in constant use, so if the object, or effect is there it might be in the streetcam's archives.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
What is the light things on the ground there right now?

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Avgudar
What is the light things on the ground there right now?

That's a road, so it's either street lamps, or house lights, or both. Since it is rural, most likely house lights, but all according to how many abodes there are in a certain distance from one another. DOE's are fussy about providing road lighting.
edit on 4-12-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Thanks for the update bud...

missed you the other day......but glad yer still alive....
Hessdalen........what can we say?
Puerto Rico mabe....?Isle of friendship Arentina?Pescara Italy......
Somebody is trying to break through there......?
Are they aware they are putting on such a show for us?
Do they really care if we are watching?
What draws them to these strange out of the way places?
It all drives me crazy trying to co relate it .....
But it has to make sense, sooner or later...so give me a pinch when you figure whats up......
Ill still be staring wide eyed at the sky the day i croak.....

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

That quite a video you have there - is it a cloud? or a "UFO"

Hessdalen is a known hotspot so could this be more of the same?

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

This first video is of poor quality and if you watch it looks like it's just a loop of a very short piece. The "disk" could really be anything. It's just a black line against a white background. For all I know I'm looking at a body of water with an island in the middle. Also if you notice the time at the bottom, it does not appear to be in a standard font. While most would say, who cares, it doesn't mean anything, I would say that it's suspicious. The reason I say this is because the video is claimed to be a CCTV video and I don't know any reason someone would want to go beyond the standardized font that most CCTV systems use. I feel that this is a possible indication that the time was added after the video was shot to create the illusion that it's not time lapse. That is not to say that it's not possible that this is a legitimate video of a UFO, only that there are elements that make me personally discount it as evidence of anything.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
For anybody who's never heard of Hessdalen and it's UFO activity:

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

The time on the camera says 16;18 to 16.20 a couple of days ago. The sun had been set for well over an hour by then.
www.timeanddate.com...

Hessdalen is a further 2-3 degrees North of Oslo meaning, the sunset is even earlier.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
How can a cloud get so many flags? Wtf is going on??? :|

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myth024
reply to post by Arken

This first video is of poor quality and if you watch it looks like it's just a loop of a very short piece. The "disk" could really be anything. It's just a black line against a white background. For all I know I'm looking at a body of water with an island in the middle. Also if you notice the time at the bottom, it does not appear to be in a standard font. While most would say, who cares, it doesn't mean anything, I would say that it's suspicious. The reason I say this is because the video is claimed to be a CCTV video and I don't know any reason someone would want to go beyond the standardized font that most CCTV systems use. I feel that this is a possible indication that the time was added after the video was shot to create the illusion that it's not time lapse. That is not to say that it's not possible that this is a legitimate video of a UFO, only that there are elements that make me personally discount it as evidence of anything.

It's not time lapse, it is CAM2/CCTV that's installed. If there is anything wrong, it is in the video, we don't know the origin.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy

It's not time lapse, it is CAM2/CCTV that's installed. If there is anything wrong, it is in the video, we don't know the origin.

I realize that it's supposed to be a CAM2/CCTV but when I watched the video it APPEARS to be time-lapse or, a better way to describe it; a short loop that's made to seem as if it's there for a longer period of time. If you watch elements that are not the object, they appear to "skip" or jump. It almost appeared as if wind blows foliage from the right to the left, then it suddenly jumps and again blows from the right to the left in the exact same pattern. I mention this because there are so many videos on various websites that have such a low quality that it's never really clear exactly what you are seeing and I felt this was just another example of people wanting to see something so badly that they will believe in the validity of videos that could easily be a hoax. I feel it's these types of videos that only allow people to dis-credit the ufology fields.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Myth024

The weird movement is most likely an artefact of the security camera being used to film the proceedings. Unlike analogue film, which is a continuous process, digital cameras work by compositing "snapshots" of data and building the continuity from that. With a cheaper camera and using a night vision lens those artefacts are far more obvious to the human eye. It's the same effect as if a pigeon was viewing the film. Pigeon's vision, having an effective frame rate of over 200 frames a second, makes normal human film rates look like a series of static snapshots, to the extent any movement would seem, to a pigeon, ponderously slow and jerky in the extreme . If, as I suspect, this camera is working at around 20 frames per second, then indeed, the movement will look "jerky" and somewhat artificial to the human eye.
edit on 4-12-2012 by FireMoon because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join