It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which road to take? which course to study?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I've spent the last 10yrs of my life travelling, living life to the full, living month to month you name it I’ve done it.
And I’ve loved it. But im 29 this year and although i work in a great professional (IT) with 10yrs experience and the jobs almost second nature, it’s not what I want to do. It doesnt stoke any interest and really its just a job.

The last few months I've been scanning the local universities (even the army) trying to find something to stoke my passions, and I’ve narrowed it down to a list of four things.

I'd love to hear from anyone who's in a position, who has studied or has an opinion on any of the following:

Bachelor of Counter Terrorism Security and Intelligence
Politics and International Studies (BA)
Master of Computer and Network Security
Master of Project Management

Yep, I've decided to go into lockdown for 4-5yrs and make the most out of my interests.

I'm struggling to pick one of the above for a life choice, I'm not here looking for an answer, just peoples opinions on what they see the pro's and con's being, perhaps from experience perhaps from intelligence?

I've always loved politics and believe there's a massive void in Australian politics for old fashioned logic.
*points and Julia Gillard and Tony Abbott*

I have a habit of making threads that go no where, so by all means throw a comment out there and let me see what you's think.

J-

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Why not take the most rewarding job of all and become a dad?

You seem to have your head on straight. Why not embark on the journey of the unknown? If every father came to the scene with the real life experience you say you have the world would be a great place.

It's not the answer you are looking for but it's one I think you should keep in mind.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

Thanks for the reply!

For all i know, i could be a dad already..

*knock knock*
''who's there?''
'' your son/daughter ''

...... whoops!

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
i took the bachelor of counter terrorism course. it was very easy. the final exam was worth your whole grade and if you passed, you graduate.

it was only two questions:

all terrorists are ______ and all _____ are terrorists: (choose the correct answer) worth 2 points:

a) muslim
b) the easter bunny(s)
c) elvis
d) none of the above.

i sweated a little but i got it. the second one was harder.

what must you do if you see a terrorist/muslim :

a) kill them instantly and defend freedom.
b) sing the star spangled banner
c) make breakfast.
d) pet your dog.

i don't want to give away the answers, that would be cheating, eh? (hint, hint.)

see you in afghanistan.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

yeah thats a concern,
through the years there are often 'fad' courses at university, at the time it seems required, but in the years to come.. nothing exists for it accept some knowledge.

as for the questions, its no wonder America lacks logical thinking, expert counter terrorism intelligence.. the exams are too hard!

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   

But im 29 this year and although i work in a great professional (IT) with 10yrs experience and the jobs almost second nature, it’s not what I want to do. It doesnt stoke any interest and really its just a job.

i feel you mate.. exactly the same thing here but im 31 not 29 lol
my last 3 job in IT i got layoff because of the bad economy
2 of them closed their office and 1 fired thousand of employee worldwide
not to affect their profit .. greedy employers

but the job itself doesnt motivate me anymore
i want to change like you maybe help people in a house for old
that would be great .. i would certainly give a great service
but all they ask is people that want to do benevolat
sadly i have many things to pay each months

its hard changing domain in IT
its not the same has 10 yrs ago
edit on 12/4/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Something to consider, if you find you like University, you may consider saying on in the academic field where you maintain a constant level of learning, as well as teaching whatever concentration you find a passion for.

You may also find while attending University, interests in subjects you never knew you had such a passion for, or find that you're just really adept at a subject you didn't think you'd be.

My first choice was engineering when I started University at 16. I changed interests several times, and had a difficult time settling on my undergraduate degree before going to to pursue another 8 years after the initial 4.

Additionally, if you just like learning, here's a thread I created with links to Over 540+ FREE Online Courses from top Universities.
You don't get accreditation for free online courses, but, it's a nice resource to have and know.

edit on 4-12-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join