It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News : Iran captures intruding US drone over Persian Gulf waters

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66

no I dont get it.

I know, you don't WANT to.

you made a broad sweeping statement which I questioned you on, you are givivng the but,,, but,,,, but,,,,, replies.

Wrong, I gave you what you asked for it wasn't obviously good enough, remember?

You said......
A very curious statement How do Iranians treat Americans or American military? I do not recall Iranians ill treating any American or military in recent history

you bring up a few isolated incidents and then tarnish the entire country and its people.

Wrong. YOU did that.

You said......
Iran has sustained assasinations of its nuclear scientists, it has suffered viruses attacking nuclear facilities and even had a passenger jet shot down and it has not retaliated.

BTW, which country were you tarnishing with your statement?

We will not compare attrocities of foreigners by soldiers

See your ABOVE statement in Bold....

As for the drone, what was it doing their in the first place?

Sightseeing.

edit on 4-12-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soshh

I didnt even mention the iran contra affair where the US was supplying Suddam with weapons

Erm..

you know what was meant.
selling weapons to Iran
and yes I do know that the weapon sales where to help get US hostages freed, who where not being held by Iranians

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
US Drones should have some sort of built in destruction where if they lose control of one it immediately explodes... Better destroyed than in enemies hands...

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Many of the more advanced ones have something along those lines. With one the size of the ScanEagle, you have such a small area already to put mission critical systems, that you would have to remove a mission system, to put the self destruct in. And I'm not really sure most soldiers would like carrying the backpack with the UAV in it, if it's packed with explosives.

DARPA has a new system in development that uses a liquid that will dissolve the circuit boards once it's dripped on them. Once that comes into play, you will probably see it installed in most UAVs.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

you know what you said and why you said it.
It is all about perception and interpretation

To be honest, I cant be bothered with internet arguments anymore.

The propoganda has worked and now the final pieces are being put in place and it does not matter weather you or I agree, serious **** is going to go down and there is nothing you or I can do about it,.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Thanks for the explanation, I figured it would just make sense (in today's times) to have a backup plan in the event a system was in fact hacked with us losing total control of the craft (or any craft)...

Anyways, star for you...

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by UltraMarine
Reuters

The ScanEagle drone was gathering information over Gulf waters and had entered Iranian airspace when it was captured by the naval unit of the Revolutionary Guards force, the Fars news agency reported, without giving details.

Last month the U.S. said Iranian warplanes shot at a U.S. surveillance drone flying in international airspace. Iran said the aircraft had entered its airspace.

The ScanEagle is manufactured by Boeing Co. According to the firm's website, the drone is four feet long and has a 10-foot (three-meter) wingspan.

You do know all the U S drones are accounted for according to the Navy correct? That drone is also used by more than the US,and also commonly will get lost at sea from time to time. The markings are easy enough to fake as well. Its pure BS this time.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Oh man, I knew this was going to happen.. How could I be so dumb!! I only left the control room for like 1 second... okay maybe 5 minutes, but me and the guys figured out how to get the new Call of duty on one of the flight monitors and I just had to get a quick round in. Nothing more boring than flying surveillance in a drone... Sorry guys, my bad.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join