It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News : Iran captures intruding US drone over Persian Gulf waters

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

It could also be from one of the other Gulf operators of the ScanEagle, for example Kuwait or Iraq.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by missed_gear

I wonder, then, what Iran's reason for attempting drone flights over Israel were....if that is the only reason or rationale....for flying drones. Hmmmm.

Do you have a link for Iranian drones over Israel? I'd like to read it. But to play along, you think Iran will attack Israel? Kind of suicidal? Considering the forces arrayed against it in that region...

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61560---->US says aint ours

And it's not.
There's absolutely no way the iranians can lay their hands on an american drone that is recognizable and in one piece.

Forget about the hacking kinda thing, american millitary drones have several layers of protection against that.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
www.presstv.ir...

These boys catch on FAAAAAST!

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ivar_Karlsen

Originally posted by karen61560---->US says aint ours

And it's not.
There's absolutely no way the iranians can lay their hands on an american drone that is recognizable and in one piece.

Forget about the hacking kinda thing, american millitary drones have several layers of protection against that.

just playing the devils advocate here......theyve already gotten one of our drones, do you not remember the gov publicly asking for it back?

Im no pro Iranian but you have to give credit where its due

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61560

Originally posted by Spike Spiegle
Things are heating up, I wonder how the U.S and others are going to respond to this.

SS
US says aint ours

That means exactly what?

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66

so your argument was how bad they treat US citizens and military,
How are the sanctions effecting US citizens?
Oh thats right, they are effecting ordinary every day citizens of Iran.

Your Logic is Flawless!

Too bad you cant ASK the "ordinary" citizen of Iran, their take on it, hey?

Iran doesnt treat its own people well, why would the "GREAT SATAN'S" children be treated with respect?

Trust me, a drone is a simple loss, to a human life. Unless you agree with "Death to America".

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Awesome!

We lost another drone

Gasp the horror!

That makes 2 drones 1 stealth helicopter lost under the current administrations "peaceful reign".

Give it a few more months, and we will hear about another drone lost;'

Better stick to spy satellites in high definition haven't heard of losing one of those yet.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

so your argument was how bad they treat US citizens and military,
How are the sanctions effecting US citizens?
Oh thats right, they are effecting ordinary every day citizens of Iran.

Your Logic is Flawless!

Too bad you cant ASK the "ordinary" citizen of Iran, their take on it, hey?

Iran doesnt treat its own people well, why would the "GREAT SATAN'S" children be treated with respect?

Trust me, a drone is a simple loss, to a human life. Unless you agree with "Death to America".

congradulations.

Let this post be a lesson to the rest of the psy ops out there, see what has been done
my origional post was a reply to

Drones or People? I think captured drones is the better outcome, especially when it comes to how Iranians deal with Americans or American Military

I draw your attention to the line especially when it comes to how Iranians deal with Americans or American Military
I am waiting to see any evidence of how Iran has mistreated US military.

all I got was something from the time machine about a hostage crisis yet the coup which initiated it was ignored.
I didnt even mention the iran contra affair where the US was supplying Suddam with weapons and yet Iran still has not done anything about it, or about a passenger jet being shot down.

I do not agree with death to America, I do however agree with the US butting out of everyone elses business.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

In less than a year, they're saying they can build them? No way in hell. It takes a lot longer than that to reverse engineer something.

As for the original downing, I've heard through unofficial sources that there was a mechanical issue, and it wasn't hacked. The evidence holds up with that story too. That UAV was not landed gently as a number of sources claim it was. It came down gear up, and hit the ground pretty hard, just not hard enough to cause major damage or destroy it.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I am waiting to see any evidence of how Iran has mistreated US military.

Maybe you cant see the facts that I presented. Some of those being held, are duel citizens. So Iran not only treats their own citizens bad, but they definitely treat duel citizens even worse. Some are Ex Military, but I wouldn't think you would have bothered to understand as they are being held as SPIES. You decided to deflect into your version of the discussion. Its easier that way, hey?

I said Americans and the American Military, and gave you fine examples of it.

Your but, but, but, doesn't change the reality of the treatment.

It sucks, I know.

This is about drones. And losing a drone, beats losing an American life.

PERIOD.

Get it now?

edit on 4-12-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by UltraMarine
PressTv

Iran's Islamic Revolution Guards Corps has captured a US ScanEagle drone over the Persian Gulf waters upon its intrusion into the Iranian airspace.

The country's Revolutionary Guards said it was a ScanEagle aircraft, according to Press TV. This is the second time , Iran has captured the US drone .

DETAILS TO FOLLOW

more

propoganda..

to feed the billions watching

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

just playing the devils advocate here......theyve already gotten one of our drones, do you not remember the gov publicly asking for it back?

They got one of our UAVs because it crash landed in their territory. It was operated by Lockheed Martin operators for the CIA, and they didn't install the self protection circuits that would have ensured it didn't come down in one piece.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Really?

How can people who talk about Iran skip the Iranian hostage crisis and the USS Samuel B Roberts.

A mine blowing up a US naval ship and taking a bunch of students hostages hell tell him to watch that Ben Affleck movie- Argo.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

They got one of our UAVs because it crash landed in their territory. It was operated by Lockheed Martin operators for the CIA, and they didn't install the self protection circuits that would have ensured it didn't come down in one piece.

that maybe so, but its still a US drone.....

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I'm glad its drones, and not human beings.

Some people cant even agree with that.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

For now its drones thank god for small favors.

Second,

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

no I dont get it.
you made a broad sweeping statement which I questioned you on, you are givivng the but,,, but,,,, but,,,,, replies.
you bring up a few isolated incidents and then tarnish the entire country and its people.

We will not compare attrocities of foreigners by soldiers because I thing you will find the t the US human right record isnt quite as squeeky clean as you would like people to believe.

As for the drone, what was it doing their in the first place?
looking for wondering american hikers?

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

It's also not the only one they have gotten, or downed (besides the ScanEagle, which might not even be ours), but it's one thing to get it because it crash lands, and quite another to hack it, and bring it down gently, which is what the claim is.

The US UAV program isn't perfect. It isn't even close. We're going to lose quite a few more over the coming years. But these are far from the best we have. Some of the speculation about black aircraft is pretty interesting.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

I didnt even mention the iran contra affair where the US was supplying Suddam with weapons

Erm..

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join