It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News : Iran captures intruding US drone over Persian Gulf waters

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by UltraMarine
reply to post by SilentKoala

They hack into the system and force it to land in their territory

Dont even have to do that. No hacking required of the drone itself or the system it flys on.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Kman1324

Iran has had a lot of help from the Chinese and Russians, their capabilities for cyberespionage, cyberwarfare and the ability to bring down a stealth drone (not this one) would not have been possible without it.

I find it interesting that the US admits that they have increased surveillance of Iran's nuclear facilities (including the use of drones) and yet they are denying that this small drone was theirs.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
What would the response be if Iran said that "yes, we are monitoring US nuke plants and the got one of our drones"??

How would we react if North Korea and Iran were sending drones here???

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I am Iranian and lets comment as an Iranian.

I am really mad at US Spying on us. And I love that we took it as another victory for ourselves.

US forces should get back to US and help people revive their dead economy instead of planning for another war and destruction.

They better help people in agriculture and other services than killing and bringing tension.

I hope American politicians can hear me out.

But their greed is taking their eyesight.

They want it all.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Great job US military for losing yet another Drone.... Maybe it's time to beef up the security in the comp.uter systems because it seems like Iran is having an easy time hacking right into them whenever they choose...

for sucking yet again......
edit on 4-12-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I like the "give us our drones of war back" or...or...else.......
like the US doesn't have enough spy drones for its own peeps

and needs every one it can get to continue the afghanfistization of its' own folks
(not)

edit on 4-12-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

maybe they should ask garry mckinnon to help them , or even better , why don't the warmongers just play with their toys in their own back yard .

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
well now it seems that the drone is not US of A after all gma.yahoo.com... from the link

The United States has denied reports that Iran "caught" and landed a small U.S. drone flying over the Persian Gulf. The unarmed drone, called a ScanEagle, was flying in Iranian airspace when it was brought down by the Revolutionary Guard Corps, the country's FARS news agency reported today.

But the U.S. Navy says it did not lose the drone, adding that the ScanEagle is an "off the shelf variety" and could have belonged to another country.
could it, the drone, be from say... Israel?

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by munkey66

A very curious statement
How do Iranians treat Americans or American military?
I do not recall Iranians ill treating any American or military in recent history........
So please enlighten me.

Iran hostage crisis

Robert Levinson

2009–2011 detention of American hikers by Iran

Amir Mirza Hekmati

Enlightened?

As an American,I would take the loss of a Drone, any day.

edit on 4-12-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

well that clears it up, Iran must be monstsers then,

I suppose 1981 could be considered recent in geological terms, so why not go back a little further then to why the hostage crisis took place? a little 1953 coup.
and then you use Robert Levinson

On January 13, 2009, U.S. Senator Bill Nelson revealed during Hillary Clinton's confirmation hearing that he believes Robert Levinson is being held in a secret prison in Iran. "The door has been closed at every turn," Nelson said during Clinton's confirmation hearing. "We think he is being held by the government of Iran in a secret prison."[9] According to The New York Times, Levinson had been meeting with Dawud Salahuddin, (an American convert to Islam wanted for the 1980 murder of an Iranian dissident in the US) "just before he went missing

so he is thought to be held and associates with an American who kills Iranians?

3 hikers? they went through the judicial system as any country would do to people entering illegaly and then we have Amir Mirza Hekmati

he was sentenced to death on account of the charges.[1][2][3] On March 5, 2012, Iran’s Supreme Court overturned the death sentence, and ordered a retrial

so they didnt execute him.

so your argument was how bad they treat US citizens and military,
How are the sanctions effecting US citizens?
Oh thats right, they are effecting ordinary every day citizens of Iran.

edit on 4-12-2012 by munkey66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
well now it seems that the drone is not US of A after all gma.yahoo.com... from the link

The United States has denied reports that Iran "caught" and landed a small U.S. drone flying over the Persian Gulf. The unarmed drone, called a ScanEagle, was flying in Iranian airspace when it was brought down by the Revolutionary Guard Corps, the country's FARS news agency reported today.

But the U.S. Navy says it did not lose the drone, adding that the ScanEagle is an "off the shelf variety" and could have belonged to another country.
could it, the drone, be from say... Israel?

Just because officialdom issues a denial, does not mean that it is the truth. I think officialdom at first said Iran couldn't back engineer the Sentinel that the Iranians captured in 2011, and that drone was hacked into.

This is what Iran is saying today, (the 1st anniversary of the Sentinel capture) about both incidents

english.farsnews.com... Of course, this coulds be taken with a pinch of salt too.
edit on 4-12-2012 by smurfy because: Links.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
The OP seems to be omitting the fact that USA is claiming they haven't lost a drone...

From what I understand this type of drone is common, could of been a drone from a number of other countries.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by UltraMarine

this is the best way to get drones from USA especially a country which is under sanctions !
they are standing on their borders what the hell enters 1 mm in their borders, they capture it gladly !!!

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mideast

I am really mad at US Spying on us. And I love that we took it as another victory for ourselves.

US forces should get back to US and help people revive their dead economy instead of planning for another war and destruction.

Agreed. Of course Iran see US drones as a threat to their country. They are only there violating Iranian airspace in order to gather intelligence about military targets for the coming invasion.

There is no other reason.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chargeit
The OP seems to be omitting the fact that USA is claiming they haven't lost a drone...

From what I understand this type of drone is common, could of been a drone from a number of other countries.

Of course they are going to deny it, just like the last one they lost. They denied it right up until Iran released footage of the damn thing. Just because they have denied it doesn't make it so.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by UltraMarine

That BBC article you brought is informative...

(Iran's) Rear Admiral Ali Fadavi told the Fars news agency that the drone had conducted several reconnaissance flights over the Gulf in recent days.

Sounds like they laid wait for it. If it flew in the same area once too often over a "period of days" that could give the Iranians time to set a trap.

Fars said the drone was captured "in the last few days" without giving further details.

If true this would be considered a minor but in your face victory for Iran. They are plagued by US drones and any success against them would be heralded by their government.

November also saw Iran's ambassador to the United Nations, Mohammad Khazaee, write to Secretary General Ban Ki-moon to complain about what he said were repeated US violations of Iranian airspace near the Bushehr power station, describing them as "illegal and provocative acts".

I tend to believe them because unlike the west, Iran isn't prone to disinformation when it comes to the US drone program. Otherwise they would be claiming they bring them down all the time. So far... only two?

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
Agreed. Of course Iran see US drones as a threat to their country. They are only there violating Iranian airspace in order to gather intelligence about military targets for the coming invasion.

There is no other reason.

I wonder, then, what Iran's reason for attempting drone flights over Israel were....if that is the only reason or rationale....for flying drones. Hmmmm.

Mg

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
lol If it was in their air space, Good luck to them. One hell sweet coffee table that drone would make.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by litterbaux
Give us our drones back!

That... Umm... Made me laugh... Ummm... So hard....

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
according to the news the US has no missing drones. Whos is it?

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spike Spiegle
Things are heating up, I wonder how the U.S and others are going to respond to this.

SS
US says aint ours

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join