Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Cleveland police unload 137 rounds killing unarmed suspects.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

This sounds like pure over kill to me

Cookie so sweet I just love to read posts but surely you know all the shots are the same after the one that kills a
perp person.

Woe, makes me sound drunk to say that out loud.

Perp person !

Shut up Randy !

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
How it started: A cop walking past the Justice Center - where the couple were parked in their car - heard a loud 'pop' and reported to the dispatcher he was being fired upon from the vehicle. He drew down on the car and the couple fled, setting off a high-speed chase. The couple were being reported as 'heavily-armed'.

Now they speculate the 'pop' was the car (an older Malibu) backfiring. No firearms found on the 'suspects'. No indication whatsoever they fired on any cops from their vehicle while parked outside the Justice Center. The male had a warrant which is why they ran. That, and having some cop freak out and draw down on them. The female was killed with more than 30 shots to the head and neck.

The initial mistakes were made by the cop who overreacted to the noise and the police who overstated the 'heavily-armed' aspect. The couple made the obvious mistake of trying to flee and leading police on a high-speed chase. But given the initial response from the cop, I can't fully blame them.

PS: their deaths have been ruled a homicide - for the time being.
edit on 5-12-2012 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
This is extreme even for Cleveland where cops killing unarmed people isn't unheard of. As of this morning the coroner has declared this a homicide, what becomes of that is yet unknown. Most of the officers on this scene have been involved in some kind of disciplinary issue before.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by RothchildRancor

Originally posted by scorpiosin
We need to ban cops from having firearms.

# that #. My brother is a cop here in Cleveland, and he is not capable of this #.
They take away his gun and he becomes a target.

There are plenty of good cops, the only ones that make the news are the bad ones you ignorant prick.
Well, then your brother joined a crappy career.

I've lived in several different cities, ranging from major metropolitan areas to the tiny podunk, one-horse town I'm in now. I'll tell you this much: the amount of bad, corrupt, power-hungry, illiterate cops overcompensating for having tiny penises outweigh the good, honorable, "protect and serve" crowd 10:1. If your brother is in the latter half, then I feel bad for that boy. There is a reason so very few, in my experience, actually trust the cops to do their jobs anymore.

Hell, even the USSC says that cops owe citizens nothing in terms of protection. So, why should anyone put their faith in a corrupt system of thugs with guns?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Only the removal of legal immunity from the departments and their officers will bring this kind of thing to a halt, 10-20 years ago I'd disagree but times have changed.

The "militarization" of departments as well as the "us" against "them" attitude has gotten very out of hand and is resulting in egregious civil rights violations each day all across this country. One can easily go on Y-Tube and see example after example of ordinary citizens being treated not as people but as "subjects" as they interact with these folks whose official capacity has obviously gone over to power tripping abuse. Just a simple traffic stop nowadays is a lesson in abject patience as folks have to deal with arrogance of officers ego's out of control.

Too many stories of swat raids for simple warrants killing occupants of home only to find wrong address, if you do survive bills on you for major repairs and oh sorry bout the dog!

How many videos of motorists who had a question or did not move fast enough getting face full of asphalt.

How many for deeming to video arrested when courts say its legal to do so.

Balance has to be brought back into play, normal law abiding citizens are now afraid of those who are hired to uphold the law - officers thats on you and the culture within your organizations. The general public was once your friend and was a willing partner - not anymore after years of just these types of abuse.

I firmly believe immunity has provided the cover for this unfortunate turn of events.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
now we know why they have been ordering
so many bullets....

that many shots for 2 people, imagine something
happening that was really serious...

honestly, i'd be embarrassed if i was on this police
squad, there should not have been a need for
more than 4 shots max, and that's missing each
of the suspects once....

someone needs to take a serous look at what is going
on in the police field... what are they all rookies now days?

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
Is the video below from this event?

It looks like the police was a little lost while following them.

Cleveland.com Video

137 rounds fired? Maybe they should start making the policemen pay for the bullets fired.

That video is from Bratenahl Ohio police, it is the only video we know of.
Incredibly, the Cleveland police have no dashcams on their cars but four, out of a hundred and more cars, none of those cars were in the pursuit. The Cleveland dispatcher, has also to relay comms to each district area of Cleveland as there is no cross district communication, although on the audio tapes she does a good job, even putting down an officer who calls 'officer down' The man appears to have a record, but was not wanted. It's a def, that the police shot up their own cars, a senior officer says that in an interview with a reporter.
edit on 6-12-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
There is new video now that shows the car pulling up, picking up the woman and if you look closely at the end, you can see the car backfire. There's what appears to be a small puff of flame and he puts the car in gear to go forward.

It still doesn't explain why they didn't stop but they certainly did not need to go Bonnie and Clyde on them.

www.cleveland.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.cleveland.com... 2012/12/video_shows_beginning_of_polic.html#incart_2box
edit on 7-12-2012 by Cherryontop because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
From The Daily Beast :

The investigation by the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation will initially focus on how the pursuit of Russell and Williams played out. On just-released police tapes, the voice of a male senior officer can be heard saying, “No cars have permission to pursue,” followed by a woman’s voice saying, “Fifth District cars, terminate pursuit.” An officer in the pursuit can be heard responding, “Yeah, but this is our patch and we’re going to see what’s going on.”

No cars have permission to pursue.

Text Red

Also in the story, Cleveland Police rules do not allow more than two police vehicles at a time to participate in a chase.
There were police from other jurisdictions present at the shooting, but none of those officers fired their weapons.
edit on 9-12-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Also from The Daily Beast

In an interview with The Daily Beast, Williams’s uncle, Walter Jackson, said that 24 bullets had been removed from her body and the damage to her face and torso was extensive. Williams’s mother, Martha Mae Williams, said, “I’m not going to let them close her casket … They’re going to have to look at what the police did to my child.”

She must have looked like a sieve from the waist up.

I hope some PIGS will be made to pay for this.

Yes, I said PIGS. Come on, cop sympathizers, flame me.

This is absolutely inexcusable.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

30 shots to the head and neck.

There is your headline.

Doesnt take a genius to point out that is more than overkill. That is target practice.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

Most of the officers on this scene have been involved in some kind of disciplinary issue before.
I am not surprised at that.

I won't be surprised when all 13 are absolved of any wrongdoing or errors in judgement....

and are still cops afterwards, being sent out with their itchy trigger fingers to kill some more innocent people.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
It's good it was declared a homicide. Now will they get disciplinary action is the question?
edit on 10-12-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Maybe they threw a firecracker to get the cops all excited and then the chase ensued. At this point tho I think that the city of Cleveland should petition to change its name to "Keystone".....

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

You raise a good point. And they volunteer to put themselves in harm's way while the citizen who is the victim of a home invasion/burglary does not. Which scenario presents the greatest amount of fear; the citizen awaken in the middle of the night by someone breaking into his home ("castle") or a professional law enforcement officer in pursuit of a suspect? Naturally it is the citizen who is subjected to the greater amount of fear (ceteris paribus) but that doesnt mean that the LEO is not jacked up on adrenaline and perhaps other substances (from testosterone and other steroids to even illegal drugs). The police should be held to the same standards as the citizen at large. Either start charging the police who in their kevlar vests have their guns drawn (most in LE mode sans safety) with manslaughter for killing unarmed suspects or give citizens the same benefit of the doubt for home invasions, car jackings and street robberies (but, if so, watch the incidence of found "drop guns" increase dramatically).

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

The "head and neck" tells me that they were probably shot from the back of the vehicle (a less likely shooting position for the occupants, btw).

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix

"Militarization of police departments"....add that culture to the fact that many returning veterans (where it literally was them against the civilians) are being hired by Local Law Enforcement and you have a recipe for a bad outcome in this country.
edit on 10-12-2012 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join