It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cleveland police unload 137 rounds killing unarmed suspects.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

I dont know what to make of this one. Cops say that the victims fired a gun near their headquarters but no gun and no bullet casings were found.

13 cops fired 137 shots at two suspects killing both of them. These cops were so reckless, that they shot two of their own police cars...

This is a conspiracy web site so let me "conspiracize".

Was this a hit? Did they guy or the girl know something? Maybe they were about to expose the cops? What were they doing outside the police headquarters?

137 shots, seems obvious to me that they wanted these two people dead, but why...

It only takes one cop to say "shots fired" (whether they were or not). Chaos ensues.

edit on 4-12-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
We need to ban cops from having firearms.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by scorpiosin

I'm telling you.

Cops are quickly becoming the most feared segment of our society.

Having general conversations with people in my life, most fear police more than the common criminal.

edit on 4-12-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
That is just insanity...
How do you even try to justify that??

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

You're right about that.

I know a lot of people that share my mindset now of not calling the cops unless the situation is truly dire. I know not ALL cops are terrible but it seems like more and more are. And you never know if you're going to get that good cop at your door or that trigger happy one that shoots your dog when he's responding to a call you made...

That's insane that many shots were fired in this instance.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Personally I have a problem with the police actions. All a police officer has to say "I was in fear for my life" and they get to kill whoever they wish. It does not matter if they were "really" afraid for their lives. Just saying so clears them of any wrong doing. Sort of immunity for murder.

As to your concept of a conspiracy. I could easily believe it. When I was investigating officers on my own, yes I know LEO's do not like that, tough, for what happened to my daughter, word was given to the street cops that I was "hunting" street cops. It was grounds to shoot me down on sight with that "I was afraid for my life" immunity. Luckily I found out about it in time to have the LEO's who knew what I was actually doing pass the word on to the street cops that they had been lied too. I wonder if this is a means that the higher up LEO's use to prevent citizens from going after them and investigating them.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Cleveland police has a huge population of drug addicts in its forces. They were probably all high after stopping people all night and stealing their drugs.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trustfund
Cleveland police has a huge population of drug addicts in its forces. They were probably all high after stopping people all night and stealing their drugs.

Proof?

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

"Why are we doing it? Because it's the right thing to do," he said. "And we will provide support not just for our police officers but for the community."

Good police chief. I think having the FBI involved is a good idea.

I would be interested to see the footage the ride along guy has, as well as dashcam and radio transmissions. I'd be pretty surprised if cops murdered someone in cold blood with a journalist in one of the cars, but you never know.

Seems odd the couple kept driving for 20 + minutes. Plenty of time to ditch a gun, but considering there was no gun found in or around the car, I'd say they more than likely really screwed up.

137 shots fired, it sounds like a lot, but not as wild if you think how many police were on scene. Call it 11 rounds per cop, probably a few emptied the entire magazine, and a few didn't. My bet is that one idiot was antsy, fired when he shouldn't have and everyone else just started shooting too.

Sad the two are dead. Hope to see a very thorough and open investigation and anyone acting 'outside the box' as was said in the video gets their just desserts.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
if a revolver was used it would leave no "shell casings".

only a semi auto ejects it's cases.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by scorpiosin

Like they did to the cops in Tijuana, confiscated their guns gave them slingshots

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by RothchildRancor

Originally posted by scorpiosin

# that #. My brother is a cop here in Cleveland, and he is not capable of this #.
They take away his gun and he becomes a target.

There are plenty of good cops, the only ones that make the news are the bad ones you ignorant prick.

I know we can't practically leave cops defenseless the way things are now. And as I said in my next post, I know not all cops are bad. But an increasing number seem to, at best, lack proper training and/or common sense. And I won't resort to name calling

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Here's my biggest issue.

If someone breaks into my house and I shoot them, whether or not I think they're a threat or have a weapon, and no matter whether I think I'm protecting myself and my family, if the intruder is not armed with a weapon I am going to prison for a very long time.

To plead self defense against an intruder, he must be armed. Of course you ask, how might one know if an intruder is armed in the middle of the night when you're half asleep, scared, and all the lights are off and it's pitch dark? Well, I don't know, but the law says you must.

If the law holds citizens to that level of accountability, then why not cops? We always hear, well, they perceived someone to be a threat. Guess what? I might also perceive an intruder breaking into my house at 3 am while everyone is sleeping to be a threat, but I'm not given the same leeway as men/women who are training to do this for a living. And it's a job you signed up for. You get a pay check as compensation for that decision. I would never choose to have someone break into my home. No good can come from it. At best I have to replace my lock and I'm a wee bit worried, at worst someone was hurt, myself or family and I'm going to prison for a long time. So I don't buy any excuses about dealing with the pressure of the job or most people are scum and you need a certain mindset. You signed up for it! People quit their jobs every day because they have certain problems with aspects of it.

If we citizens have to guess whether someone is armed or unarmed before firing to protect our family, cops sure as hell should as well.
edit on 4-12-2012 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Almost makes you believe that Bonnie and Clyde were in the car. Geez...137 rounds???

Talk about overkill.

I think 2 shots would done the job...(They obviously need to go back to the range)

Obviously a bad aim if it took them 137 shots just to stop 2 murdering suspects.

My bad...What was their crime again?

Talk about insanity...............This one sure does take the cake.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

Thats why I moved to a sane state. Where laws protect me, where I can feel like an American again.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by RothchildRancor

Originally posted by scorpiosin

# that #. My brother is a cop here in Cleveland, and he is not capable of this #.
They take away his gun and he becomes a target.

There are plenty of good cops, the only ones that make the news are the bad ones you ignorant prick.

Then where are the good cops that will stand up and say "Hey one of my fellow cops is corrupt"? It doesn't matter if a good cop follows the law if he even lets one of his buddies break it.That makes him just as rotten as the bad cops. And anyone who has ever worked at a job with more than 5 people can tell you who the lazy bad employees are at their workplace.Same with cops.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by mwood

Do they also transform into soda cans after being fired? Then turn back into revolvers to put 14/15 holes into a front windshield and 3 into the hood? With detective skills that you should join the police force!

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
This sounds like pure over kill to me ..Two unarmed suspects were slain by police officers after a 25-minute pursuit. At the conclusion of the chase, which may have included up to 50 police vehicles...

13 officers drew their weapons and unloaded at least 137 rounds in to the suspects’ Chevy Malibu. No weapons were found, and there was no evidence of return fire. The police were so violent and so reckless that they even shot up their own cruisers with friendly fire.
Something is terribly wrong with this picture i hope they sort this on out fast..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Is the video below from this event?

It looks like the police was a little lost while following them.

Cleveland.com Video

137 rounds fired? Maybe they should start making the policemen pay for the bullets fired.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join