It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN calls on Israel to open nuclear facilities

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
AP

The U.N. General Assembly overwhelmingly approved a resolution Monday calling on Israel to quickly open its nuclear program for inspection and backing a high-level conference to ban nuclear weapons from the Middle East which was just canceled.
All the Arab nations and Iran had planned to attend the conference in mid-December in Helsinki, Finland, but the United States announced on Nov. 23 that it wouldn't take place, citing political turmoil in the region and Iran's defiant stance on nonproliferation. Iran and some Arab nations countered that the real reason for the cancellation was Israel's refusal to attend.

The resolution was approved by a vote of 176 - 4 with 6 absentees . The resolution demands Israel to join the NPT without Further delay . They demanded Israel to open up all its nuclear facilities to be inspected by IAEA. Those who voted against the resolution were : Israel, USA, Canada, Marshall Islands, Micronesia and Palau .
Israel neither Accepts nor denies that it has >200 Nuclear Bombs . It has repeatedly denied to join the NPT . On the other hand , it speaks infront of UN general Assembly using cartoon Bombs to tell the world that Iran , a member of NPT , is developing Nuclear Bombs and is the greatest threat to ME.

edit on 4-12-2012 by UltraMarine because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Great post. Thanks for the information. Israel will be as defiant as ever, and yet everyone will still focus on Iran. Unbelievable.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Well it is about time! What I would like next is for Israel to suffer the same sanctions as Iran but as that is part of the UN security council's turf it will never happen.

At least I assume that the General Assembly cannot pass such a resolution and have member countries apply it.

P

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Good luck to the UN.. I can see this being swept under the carpet. Of course, Israel are not the issue in their eyes whether they comply or not.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I say this is the Beginning to the End . No more Hypocrisy , No more Lies , No more suffering of the innocents . Justice must be served . No more Inequality . World must come forward to stop Israel's Insanity .

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Wow. This is actually pretty huge! And to see such overwhelming support for such a resolution is a good thing, IMO.

Now we get to see the Do as I Say, Not as I Do crowd thumb their noses at the world...and what comes odf it all.

I would name names, but there's no need. We all know who is notorious for bullying countries like Iraq into opening their nuclear facilities to UN inspection.

Bout damn time.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by UltraMarine

Makes sense.

Seems obvious to me that they are worried that the izraelis may use nukes. Theyre already using chemical weapons, its the next logical step.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I don't know, it seems like a publicity ploy more than anything else. Of course the general Assembly can't make Israel sign a treaty. It's silly to think they could.

Besides, we've been trying for years to get Iran to open it's nuclear facilities for inspection without any luck, how would it work for Israel?

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Great news! Did not see that one coming. Love to hear Bibi's response to it...
The 'No' votes are not very surprising, but Micronesia? Really?

Surely Israel could set an example for Iran and comply, yes? If not, that would be hypocrisy in its purest form, from my perspective.
edit on 4-12-2012 by Sek82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

I reckon that the problem here is that Israel has not threaten to [insert destruction word] any of its neighbours - this does not help their inability to be transparent about their Nuke program - it reeks of double standards.

I abhor the Zionist entity that exists within its ranks.

I also reckon that they are armed to the teeth with nukes.

No use using them (Nukes) if you want to continue to reside in the Middle East though is it.

I'm pissed at the lot of them - everyone has blood on their hands.

edit on 4-12-2012 by Sublimecraft because: added additional comment

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Israel has not threaten to [insert destruction word] any of its neighbours

Though Israel has not threatened to destroy its neighbors [in words] but in ground reality, they are killing its neighbor at daily basis .

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Star for that response.

We are however, talking about nuclear weapons, the production of them and their impact (real or otherwise) upon their neighbours.

If everybody in the region had them, would it be safer?

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Nop . No one will be safe in the whole world . How can Israel be entrusted to have Nuclear Weapon while Iran cannot ? Its surprising that when whole ME is asking for WMD free ME , Israel and US rejects that idea . Why is this double stand and hypocrisy ?

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
i wonder why the countries
Israel, USA, Canada, Marshall Islands, Micronesia and Palau .
voted against this? would it not make sense to
know what other countries had as far as nukes are concerned?

Personally i think we should pack up all the nukes and chemical
weapons and launch them into the sun...
anyone caught making them or having them in the future would
instantly be shot, starting with the leader of said country.

there is no real place for weapons like that in today's world,
much better ways to solve things than total destruction.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

Personally i think we should pack up all the nukes and chemical
weapons and launch them into the sun

Your opinion is Admirable .

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by UltraMarine

Nop . No one will be safe in the whole world . How can Israel be entrusted to have Nuclear Weapon while Iran cannot ? Its surprising that when whole ME is asking for WMD free ME , Israel and US rejects that idea . Why is this double stand and hypocrisy ?

They have apparently had them for this long and no one has been nuked (yet).

All or nothing?

Maybe - but, I would not sleep easy knowing that the whole region had access to them.

After all, what happens there effects us all - again, would it be safer?

Believe you me, I am not advocating Israels right to have Nukes, but they do, so we have to address the situation from that perspective.

edit on 4-12-2012 by Sublimecraft because: spelling / grammar

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I tend to think that Gaza and Palestine are really proving grounds for secret weapon tech supplied by America.

The fact that bottle rockets and roman candles are punished by severe military capability and embargoes, means something dubious is going on.

5 Israeli die, means hundreds of Palestinians die.

They really are the pot calling the kettle black. They want vengeance from a culture that they waged war against. They also want vengeance from a culture that hasn't even done anything to them. US ain't much different.

Sabre rattling by the UN. This issue most likely gets nowhere. Remember, Israel has the right to exist. At the cost of what, though?

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

They have apparently had them for this long and no one has been nuked (yet)

My solution to the crisis :

- Israel signs NPT and allows IAEA for inspection
- UN seizes all its Nuclear Arsenal
- ME is declared WMD free region
- Iran sanctions lifted

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by severdsoul
i wonder why the countries
Israel, USA, Canada, Marshall Islands, Micronesia and Palau .
voted against this?

I can only assume The UK, Australia aka commonwealth countries voted for the resolution.
Yet my Country Canada votes against.
I am so sick of Canada wiping the ass of the United States, every time!!
What did you build for Israel, Canada??? WHAT ARE YOU HIDING?

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by UltraMarine

My solution to the crisis :

- Israel signs NPT and allows IAEA for inspection
- UN seizes all its Nuclear Arsenal
- ME is declared WMD free region
- Iran sanctions lifted

Great ideas, yet it goes against the plan. It might be easier for the US to simply take their ball back and go home.

I think the goal is a solid destabilization of the ME, right after it's plucked of the necessary resources. Not sure what that means, but many people smarter than me are in charge.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join