It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress Arrested On Manslaughter Charges

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Now i'm not sure if this is official, Hoax or what. I did a search on here and could not find anything related.

In a stunning development that has left every federal institution reeling, the U.S. government’s legislative branch was arrested this afternoon on 23.3 million separate charges of manslaughter, sources confirmed.

The Onions source

and

Yahoo's source

I tried looking up other sources but could simply not find anything this being related to a hoax.

They also stated that there was a 2 Trillion dollar bail as well. Someone clarify what this is?

edit on 3-12-2012 by iclark97 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
The Onion is a parody site.
edit on 3-12-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by iclark97
The Onions source

You do know the Onion is SATIRE right?

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by iclark97

It's the Onion. A parady site meant for humor.

Don't feel bad as many have been caught in this web quite a few times. They are good at what they do.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Well i knew they were a parody site, but why would Yahoo post it under news?

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I feel like the OP is trolling us in some glorious and elaborate way right now...

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Sourced from the Onion of course...

Anyways...

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I Wish I was lol, but i was skimming through Yahoo and found that from 12 hours ago and then did a search on here, couldn't find anything and then did a google search and it led me to a few other sites. I was just curious if it was fake because i just woke up.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
I feel like the OP is trolling us in some glorious and elaborate way right now...

This is boarder-line epic...

get yo troll on!

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Ah ok, well i didn't know that Yahoo would post parody stuff like that. My bad guys lol

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

See TDawg's post. News agencies, especially lately because of the "rush to be first" mentality, are duped.

Notably:

-- The Onion recently became International News when Iranian State Media quoted one of their articles.

-- China's Communist Party reprinted an Onion article as real news.

-- D.C. residents fell for an Onion article that claimed school-children were taken hostage by Congress demanding $12-trillion in ransom

-- Beijing Evening News ran a story that the Onion created that Congress was moving to make room for stadiums.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by iclark97

I never go on Yahoo, just popped over there to see if it was something like iReport on CNN where any yahoo can post nonsense. Didn't look like it, so yeah kinda weird but anything this outrageous take with a grain of salt, especially when they source the Onion.

Video was actually pretty sad.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
It should be reality, but alas it's satire. Weird world we live in where satire is what explains the truth.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

That's pretty crazy, I had a feeling this was too. Mods please destroy and burn this thread as I was half asleep and about shat myself.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Shame its only satire,that would truly be an uplifting sight watching them being led out in cuffs it might even catch on worldwide

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
please don't give the OP a hard time. He didn't know dang!

We all made mistakes one time or another.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by sylent6
please don't give the OP a hard time. He didn't know dang!

We all made mistakes one time or another.

No one has given the OP a hard time....pointing out the mistake isn't giving a hard time.....

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Be polite folks. We all make mistakes. Staff is working on this issue currently. Please be considerate in the meantime.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by sylent6

No one is giving the OP a hard time, though I was tempted. Then I remembered a few minutes ago I was holding an apple in my mouth, it fell out, I went to catch it and ended up punching myself in the lip with it. Not a proud moment. We all make boo boos.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join