It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dirk Freemley; Planet Saver [2013]

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
S & F! I had also thought of the Hitchhiker's Guide to The Galaxy with this story.

Loved the idea that the entire universe is studded with Chinese restaurants with crabby owners who can't speak the native language! "Golden jellied eel"...too funny!

Thank you. It's my small nod to the Great Douglas Adams.

Glad you liked it.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
So could we call Dirk captain Planet?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by NonCuro
So could we call Dirk captain Planet?

"Dirk" was also a nod to Douglas Adams with his book "Dirk Gentley's Holistic Detective Agency".

Captain Hero is all American, pure, 100% CHEESE!

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Hahaha 100% cheese... Well I loved it... especially the parts of the chinese restaurants.. we know they serve cats here I wonder whats on table in another galaxy

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by NonCuro
reply to post by beezzer

Hahaha 100% cheese... Well I loved it... especially the parts of the chinese restaurants.. we know they serve cats here I wonder whats on table in another galaxy

Definitely not cats.

Thanks for reading.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Lol I love your work B. Comedy is definitely your fortè. Nice to see Dirk's come back out of retirement...

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1littlewolf
Lol I love your work B. Comedy is definitely your fortè. Nice to see Dirk's come back out of retirement...

Thank you!

Glad you enjoyed it!

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Which was the original Dirk story beez? It was somewhere back like 6 months or so ago when you first discovered this forum.
edit on 9/12/2012 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1littlewolf
Which was the original Dirk story beez? It was somewhere back like 6 months or so ago when you first discovered this forum.
edit on 9/12/2012 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

This is the first Dirk story.

The second Dirk story is linked to my signature.

The Freemley name I've been using for about 6 months or so.

edit on 9-12-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Ah that's where I was getting confused cos I knew I'd read that name before. Cheers.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Personally, I think you're either Piers Anthony or Terry Pratchett writing under a pseudonym. We're the test audience to see how well these'll sell. Great story as usual.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
Personally, I think you're either Piers Anthony or Terry Pratchett writing under a pseudonym. We're the test audience to see how well these'll sell. Great story as usual.

If anyone, it'd be Terry Pratchett.

I'm humbled by the complement. Thank you.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Seriously, you should put a book of short stories together. I've paid 10 bucks on Amazon for a collection of shorts that are not half as entertaining or full of imagination as yours. I read a lot and the pickins' are gettin' thin.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

Thank you. And yes, I'm working on that. I have a number of short stories. The most current one is something I'm playing with (see signature).

One day ( fingers crossed) soon.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

heyyyyyyy I have a junk in my trunk!!! no seriously I do...I really am being for real though...I always wondered why do I gotta be a white girl with a big booty...a wooty
Women in my family have big hips, but i'm the only one with a booty...it's like sir mix a lot wrote the song just for me, funny thing was I was only a jitter bug when it came out... I'm supposed to devour the world?!?!
but I don't want to
edit on 19-8-2013 by prplangl4 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join