It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loud obnoxious rude people who threaten you because of their ignorance and lack of respect!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Try to get it resolved through the landlord and find out if she is a renter or owner. If she rents complain to the owner of the property. And most important, do all of this in writing. If she owns the condo, then call the police because they are obligated since she is not a renter. No different than calling the police on a neighbor that is the homeowner.

If she is a renter and you complain to the landlord and nothing is done, then I would hire an attorney.

You can sue the landlord and possibly even the tenant. An attorney would know your options.

Every state and municipality has the covenant of 'quiet enjoyment' in their landlord/tenant laws.

Free Legal Dictionary:

"Quiet enjoyment is a right to the undisturbed use and enjoyment of real property by a tenant or landowner. The right to quiet enjoyment is contained in covenants concerning real estate. Generally a covenant is an agreement between two parties to do or refrain from doing something.

Courts read a covenant of quiet enjoyment between the Landlord and Tenant into every rental agreement, or tenancy. Thus a renter, or tenant, has the right to quiet enjoyment of the leased premises regardless of whether the rental agreement contains such a covenant."

edit on 5-12-2012 by Circumstance because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-12-2012 by Circumstance because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   

What you should do about the car problem is this. Get a large old 4dr either 60s or 70s vintage. And make sure it's ugly. Rusty and bent fenders and or doors. When people realize that you really have nothing to lose in a car accident they tend to stay away. And to open holes in traffic once they see that nasty driver's side coming at them from the interstate on ramps.

And a few stickers on the side helps too. Like a couple of dead dogs, cats, deer, and people. And the obligatory NRA sticker and the "Driver carries only $20 in ammo." is cute too.

I have fond memories of Christine.
edit on 5-12-2012 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   

There are indeed some seriously rude people in Florida! Spent several years there, and don't miss it AT ALL. For the neighbor, talk to all that have commented on having issues with her, and encourage them to call the police as well. If enough complaints are made, the complex can evict her. Make sure that every time the cops come, all of you get report numbers, to show the complex office people. There is simply no excuse for someone acting like that. As for her threats, consider a restraining order. If you could get one, she might actually be forced to move as a result. In the meantime, if you think she's a real threat, buy a gun. Very serious on that one. Something you can manage, and get a course in proper usage. But, have the means to defend yourself and your unborn child. People that obnoxious can easily fly off the handle, and do something violent. With enough complaints, though, maybe she will simply be gone.

For the rest, well, try and relax. The stress won't help the morning sickness any, and it will interfere with any sleep you can manage over the loud neighbor's mouth. For something like that dangerous driver, consider a 911 call from the car. Yes, laws against it, but if you have a hands-free device, think it's still legal? In any case, an emergency should be allowed. You might have a cop close enough to see what's happening, and bust the next such idiot. Otherwise, with that sort, simply ignoring them is probably best. Even turning off, if possible (someplace busy) so they can move on. Don't let them stress you too much, though. Your driving won't improve, and they flat are not worth it. Do what you need to in order to be safe, and let the rest go. Hope things get better!

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Florida.

'nuff said.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
GRRRRRRRR!

I was so happy to move out of the last nightmare I was living in only to have one LOUD MOUTHED Jerry Springer wanna be contestant living behind me at my new place. This place had everything I wanted in an apt if I can't have a house yet. This lady however is making it a nightmare.

This lady is sooo loud that people all over the complex complain about her. She is out at 10pm and all hours of the night on the phone and the whole world knows her families Jerry Springer like drama.

What will you do when your new born screams all night? Do you expect your neighbour whom you have called the cops on just to accept your noise because its from a baby??????

Noise after hours is noise and IMHO the only thing worse than a Jerry Springer wannabe contestant is a baby screaming!!!!!!!!

When my first was born her valve that keeps breast milk down or in took longer to mature so feeding time was miserable! Milk gently goes in and then it came projectile out thus painting wife and wall! By the third complaint we move to a duplex (wasn't cheap Marin 1982 had no new buildings for over 10 years hence there was a neg 2% Vacancy rate in rentals) in which common walls was ours n theirs garage so noise was no longer a problem. It was not fair for the neighbours who work to be waken at nights. Like I said noise is noise!!!!!

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Hmmm. Your new apartment is full of loud mouths. Your old apartment had people who had the same issues. People tried to cut you off three times in traffic, and people in stores are so rude....It just keeps going on and on and on.

Kind of reminds me of the book "Thirty Seconds over Tokyo." The author was the pilot of the second airplane off the carrier and wound up crash landing in China. One leg was severely hurt so he could not walk, He was moved from village to village as they tried to avoid the Japanese. He began to notice that every village he was moved to stunk to high heaven. He couldn't figure it out.

Turns out he had gangrene in his leg and it had to be amputated.

So the real question is, what are you doing to attract this sort of person? Everywhere you go people are rude. The only common denominator here is you. It seems to me that the way to avoid rude people is to avoid where you go. I'm not saying you are rude yourself. I'm saying you create your own reality and, for one reason or another, you're attracting these rude people.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join