It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loud obnoxious rude people who threaten you because of their ignorance and lack of respect!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
GRRRRRRRR!

I was so happy to move out of the last nightmare I was living in only to have one LOUD MOUTHED Jerry Springer wanna be contestant living behind me at my new place. This place had everything I wanted in an apt if I can't have a house yet. This lady however is making it a nightmare.

This lady is sooo loud that people all over the complex complain about her. She is out at 10pm and all hours of the night on the phone and the whole world knows her families Jerry Springer like drama. She looks in my windows when my blinds are open so I can't even enjoy the sun light because she has to poke her nose in and look. I have been woken up numerous times at night by her loud mouth on the phone. I love to have the sliding doors open to my porch but can't cause of HER mouth! It's unreal and ridiculous. I have had really bad morning sickness at night and just when I get to sleep I am woken up by her mouth through the sliding doors!!

I love this apt but she is the one thing that makes me want to get out of here. I do not want to hear live Jerry Springer drama daily. This place is quiet otherwise, she is the only noise problem here!

Well tonight I had to call the cops cause she threatened me and well I'm pregnant and don't need someone threatening me. I went to my room to go to bed at about 8:50pm and she was out there loud as can be. I wanted to go to bed without hearing her mouth. I want to sleep in my bed not on my couch. I still hear her on my couch but my room it's worse. So I told her to be quiet and she started cursing at me saying I'm psycho and that i have no baby daddy and should go find a man. I'm like wow!! My fiancee works overseas so he isn't home all the time and I work so I like my sleep. I am up at 5:30am every morning and go to bed about 9pm. She ruins my sleep 95% of the time and I'm over it. I called the cops and one female officer came. She said the lady is breaking a noise ordinance in the city and to call every time she is loud like that. She said do it every night if need be she will get a ticket and hopefully realize she needs to be quiet. I am not the only person who has complained about this lady but I'm pretty sure i'm the first to call the cops. My neighbors downstairs have told her to be quiet and people across the complex have asked me if I can hear her. I laugh and say yea she is directly behind me then I look at them puzzled because they hear her on the other side of the complex! It's a blatant disregard for others and no self respect either esp with the conversations she has outside.

This whole area is full of people like her. I am so over it. I had 3 people in one week with major road rage try and run me off the road! I had one guy get next to me and call me all kinds of vulgar names because I wasn't going fast enough (couldn't go fast than the car in front of me or the 10 or so in front of that car during rush hour traffic). He then proceeded to try and run me into ON COMING TRAFFIC! I was freaking out esp since I had a head on collision with a damn drunk driver in March who hopped a median and hit me head on. This area seriously has given me so much anxiety. The people are down right rude and just PSYCHOTIC! Even in the stores people have an attitude, heaven for bid you ask them to do something that is their job they MOUTH off at you. I am so ready to move out of this hole of a state, Florida. This area is just ridiculous with the people and how they act. I have never dealt with people like this before not even in Daytona! It's crazy to say people there were actually nicer! The people here are just scary!

edit on 12/3/2012 by mblahnikluver because: fix title, forgot words lol

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Sounds like you need to get everyone together and take the whole party to the manager of the apartment. You can't do anything but call the cops, but if the management gets enough complaints they will be forced to tell her she needs to straighten her act or move on.

Best advice I have for you.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

I had 3 people in one week with major road rage try and run me off the road!

Maybe you're a bad driver

Ugh I know how you feel. Not about having to get up early, but I can relate to ghetto neighbors, and being tired & pregnant.

I would move, you don't want that baby living in that kind of neighborhood. Especially before school age... You don't want him/her going to school with the Jerry Springer crowd offspring

edit on 3-12-2012 by MidnightSunshine because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Sounds like you need to get everyone together and take the whole party to the manager of the apartment. You can't do anything but call the cops, but if the management gets enough complaints they will be forced to tell her she needs to straighten her act or move on.

Best advice I have for you.

Yea tomorrow I'm getting the new condo presidents information from my neighbor. The old one just resigned about a week ago and I think it's because she was forced to because she never did anything. I didn't know this til the other day. I was happy because after only being here a few months I could see how she didn't do anything. Well she only did things for people she wanted and herself. The new one according to my neighbor is gung ho about getting things done and has already started doing many things that were suppose to be taken care of yrs ago. People pay $350 a month to the condo association for certain things that weren't getting done and one is the noise complaints against this women. It states in the condo rules there is a noise ordinance at 7pm and she clearly breaks this nightly.

I had no idea this was a condo association when I found the apt. I found it online via the owner. He never told me it was one. I was moving in and the old president approached me without even saying hi or introducing herself, she just hand me an envelope and said here read these. I was like ok wow hello nice to meet you too. I am not a fan of condo associations because they are always more trouble than they are worth it seems but I have no choice since i"m locked in lol. This place isn't bad the people are all friendly minus the one behind me. Everyone is quiet and pretty much either retired or works. My neighbors below me are both really nice and know I'm pregnant and are always offering to help me with anything i need. So having one person put a huge dent in that really sucks because I do like it here.

Thanks for you reply

I had to vent, my blood pressure was sky high and well I'm preggo so it was upsetting me slightly too. Now I feel much better

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

I am so sorry that you are having to deal with this loud,rude
person.I know it is even harder now that you're expecting,
you get tired and need your sleep and this person won't let
you.I have said a little prayer for you and your baby everything
will be okay.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I'd get a decent quality shotgun mic and aim it at her mouth. The sound of her loud talking I'd then feed through a PA system and fire it back at the world. If she wants to be LOUD...The least you can do is help her out
Or record it then type it up in script form and slide it under her door when you get up at 5am Monday morning.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

How I feel your pain. Well I should say I've felt your pain when it comes to lousy neighbors!

I had a nightmare neighbor living above me at my last apt. I called the police but it did no good. They told me about all I could do is complain to management or move. Management was no help so I moved.

It sucks because I was basically driven from my home of three years. I love my new apartment though so maybe it was for the best.

Good luck - be safe.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
And I thought it was only me who lived with psychotic people. I feel your pain. I would look into moving though. You defintely don't need to be around that lady. Besides, there's always a nicer place to go. Good Luck.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightSunshine

I had 3 people in one week with major road rage try and run me off the road!

Maybe you're a bad driver

Um no people here are seriously psychotic on the road.

They are either drunk, on pills or have mad road rage. I go the speed limit because the cops here are ALL over and are notorious for pulling you over for speeding so no I don't want a ticket. Plus well speed limit = law. I'm fond of laws like that, they are there for a reason. It's 35-45mph on this road and people will got 50+ and weave in and out of cars or drive in the middle lane to cut people off. It's nuts.

I'm a safe driver

Sometimes I wish I had no morals because I would seriously road rage right back! I have a Mustang and people feel the need to run me off the road with their big huge trucks. I had one lady try and run me off the highway in that same week. I am starting to get panic attacks when I have to drive because of it. I only have to go 5 miles one way to work and it's a nightmare. There are no alternate routes either. It's a cluttered road with nutty tourists who cant drive, elderly who can't drive and shouldn't drive, and just plain crazy locals who can't drive cause they are probably intoxicated. This road is accident central because of it. When it was built they did poor planning for future traffic possibilities.

Ugh I know how you feel. Not about having to get up early, but I can relate to ghetto neighbors, and being tired & pregnant.

Oh it's not fun!!! It's just her and nobody else. Everyone else her is old and elderly, one of the main reasons I picked it. Old people are quite. They may not be able to drive and the parking lot is a prime example of that lol look at their parking, it's scary. I like quiet places and well living where it's mostly elderly over young people is where i want to be if I can't be in the mountains with no neighbors lol. She is the only trashy person here!

I would move, you don't want that baby living in that kind of neighborhood. Especially before school age... You don't want him/her going to school with the Jerry Springer crowd offspring

edit on 3-12-2012 by MidnightSunshine because: (no reason given)

Oh I will be out of FL by school age. I will not let my kid be in FL schools. I do not like them at all. Well I dont like FL period. I want to move to Colorado or somewhere out that way. I like the mountains and seasons. I want snow, yes I"m nuts but I am over sun and sand. I was never fond of it anyways. I want to go outside and have my closest neighbor a mile or so away lol. I have lived in the "city" too long.....I seriously don;t know how people deal in NYC. I'd go insane in a place like that!!!

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

I am so sorry that you are having to deal with this loud,rude
person.I know it is even harder now that you're expecting,
you get tired and need your sleep and this person won't let
you.I have said a little prayer for you and your baby everything
will be okay.

Awe thank you Mamabeth *hugs*

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

There will be some people telling you that you should move. Considering how hard it is to find a decent place and how much you clearly like this apartment (obvious exceptions aside), I'd like to remind you that if you keep giving control over your life to people who can't control theirs, you will eventually be the person unable to control your life.

You're not the only one suffering, so you have every reason to take it up with the people who have the power to tell her to get the **** out. You've done nothing to have to pack up and jump ship, so that's exactly what you shouldn't do. Stand your ground and roar back - but legally.

I hope it works out for you.

edit on 3-12-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

We just moved here.

The last place i lived in was a nightmare not due to neighbors but the landlord and ALL the structural problems and mice and random workers on my roof late at night. It was just nuts. That place was the worse place I've ever lived in. It looked cute but underneath it was an entirely different story.

Funny thing is when i moved in I got a notice about hammering. I was really upset because i hammered 3 nails on a Sunday afternoon to hang a sheet over my door til I got curtains later that week. I know it was her because she was outside on her porch when I my friend and i did it. I know what people thought when I moved in, "Oh she is young and trouble." Well I'm 34 and just as quiet as the elderly people that live here! I dont look 34 most my neighbors thought I was in my early 20s. I know how people think when a "young" person moves in, they automatically think they are gonna be noisy and have all kinds of people over. I'm so not like that! I like living where it's quiet. Heck if I could live in a retirement community I would lol

We plan on staying here at least til after the baby is born. If she can learn to be quiet which I KNOW she can then fine but if it's gonna be a constant battle we will leave.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
And I thought it was only me who lived with psychotic people. I feel your pain. I would look into moving though. You defintely don't need to be around that lady. Besides, there's always a nicer place to go. Good Luck.

Can't move and won't. It took me 5mths to find this place. Apts are very limited here esp ones that are nice.

We just moved here and I won't let her run me out when she is the one breaking the condo rules and the local city laws. If she thinks she can push me around she has seriously met her match. I don't go down easily and I don't run away either. I dealt with one other group years ago that were noisy, college kids. They winded up getting evicted. They were so loud their music knocked pictures off my walls! :O

She can be quiet. I've heard her talk in a normal tone so she can do it. I think she wants people to hear her drama. I know people like that, they have to talk so everyone else can hear them. She is definitely like that. She is disrupting not just me but other people here who have the same complaints. I will go to the new president tomorrow esp since she threatened me and i had to call the cops.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

There will be some people telling you that you should move. Considering how hard it is to find a decent place and how much you clearly like this apartment (obvious exceptions aside), I'd like to remind you that if you keep giving control over your life to people who can't control theirs, you will eventually be the person unable to control your life.

Oh I wont let her control me. I'm pretty darn feisty myself

I wont let someone threaten me so we shall see. I don't think she will be a problem because I dont think anyone has ever called the cops on her. I will continue like the cop said if she continues to be loud like she is. She needs to be put in her place and realize she isn't gonna get away with it like she has before. We pay a lot of money to live here and I like this place. She won't run us out unless it's a safety issue.

You're not the only one suffering, so you have every reason to take it up with the people who have the power to tell her to get the **** out. You've done nothing to have to pack up and jump ship, so that's exactly what you shouldn't do. Stand your ground and roar back - but legally.

I hope it works out for you.

edit on 3-12-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

When my neighbors and others expressed annoyance over her I felt relief! I was like ok it's NOT just me!!! I don't know if she owns her place or not but i don't care, she needs to respect other people here. It's a small complex and everyone else is quiet so I dont know why she can't be either. During the day its whatever I dont care, there are all kinds of noises outside i can't control but at night i dont want to hear it. I like to enjoy the breeze and have my doors open but I can't because of her. Hopefully she will learn a lesson and pipe down her tone!

Thank you

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
When my neighbors and others expressed annoyance over her I felt relief! I was like ok it's NOT just me!!! I don't know if she owns her place or not but i don't care, she needs to respect other people here. It's a small complex and everyone else is quiet so I dont know why she can't be either. During the day its whatever I dont care, there are all kinds of noises outside i can't control but at night i dont want to hear it. I like to enjoy the breeze and have my doors open but I can't because of her. Hopefully she will learn a lesson and pipe down her tone!

I know that you probably don't feel like it, but sometimes the best way to deal with an annoying neighbour is to make nice to them, and kill the problem with kindness. It is very easy to get into a vicious circle with these things, and you (and baby) do not need the stress. Consider popping a card in her postbox, apologising (even though you don't feel sorry) for complaining, but that after a really difficult week, you just reached the end of your tether and desperately needed some rest. Perhaps, subtly, mention some of the things that you have overheard, and sympathise with her problems. Sometimes, people in the heat of the moment, don't realise quite how much people can hear, and she may be embarassed that you know so much about her personal life. Tell a few white lies, say you've been there, done that, and let her know that others, not you, are planning on going to the management company and that you don't want to see her get into any trouble when she clearly has enough on her plate. Again, I realise that you probably don't want to be this nice to her, but sometimes, in the long run, it is the easiest way to deal with a problem, going direct to the source, in a none threatening way. Some people just lack the self-awareness to be considerate, but it is worth a try.

What you don't want to do, is end up in a few months time, when you are coping with a screaming baby at all hours of the night, having to deal with neighbours who are complaining about you and trying to get you evicted. It pays to think ahead, and treat others as you yourself wish to be treated. I really do understand, it is not easy I know, but worth a try don't you think? And if it doesn't work, you haven't really lost anything, but have gained the knowledge that you did at least try to reason with her and took the higher ground, which will count in your favour later on when baby is teething.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Op, i am sorry for talking too loud on the phone. Jk.

I hear you, especially the idiot drivers. I deal with them for 150000 miles a year. Recently i was in nebraska, driving a tanker. Im in the left lane on i80 doing 70 passing a slow truck. Some dip# in a car was on my ass the whole time. As soon as i got in the right lane he cuts in front of me, nearly hitting me, and slammed his #ing brakes.

Im mad at myself for not hitting the bitch

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Move...

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
It sounds like you're not gonna be happy 'til you're out in the sticks! lol
I had some terrible neighbors in the past and I understand exactly what you're gouing through. I hope you find a peacful place to reside because we all deserve that. Life's hard enough without having to put up with a bunch of idiots. Good luck.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   

I've got a new one-- In a restaurant, and a moron answers his phone-- and puts it on speaker!
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I hear yah sista. I just spent 4 half years with ala poor white trash, just moved into a condo apartment moving on up in the world feeling good. Then I met my neighbors, who used my parking spot as their own( INFRONT OF MY GARAGE DOOR,IDIOTS) loud as hell , I always felt bad for the people behind them because I could hear them and my place is across the hall LOL. Always loud, their 10 year old kid has a mohawk (really wasn't that like 1980s?) and the 6 year old shaved head. The mother would park out front like she was just getting something and leave the car running for like 34 mins at a time blocking me and another neighbor from leaving like ever other day. They had numerous complaints from people in the building with notes on the doors telling them to stop partying in the garage/complex. His whole pack of friends looked like a circus show with the stretched out ears/large earrings. Tattoo's all over, half shaved heads, and punk rock spiked leather clothing type, sad thing is they are all like late 30s-mid 40s (so sad). After numerous confrontations and towing of his car from my space THEY ARE FINALLY GONE!!! muahahahahahahahaha THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for the terrible economy, other wise they might have been able to afford it for longer than they did .^^

but now I got a new guy above me and all he does is stomp stomp stomp all f ing day/night. I didn't even know someone could walk this much in a day. Unfortunately for him IM an insomniac so he will lose that battle shortly ^^ nothing like diablo 3 on surround sound with subwoofer against wall at 1 am-6am ^^

which brings me to a great trick but only works if you have an a joining wall/ceiling. If you have a surround sound system or even just one with a subwoofer. Take the subwoofer part that has the hole, push the subwoofer close to the area that she talks the most or sleeps (works better on bedrooms). Now go download a note from a jazz song or even a base from a cello. Copy paste repeat to make a loop. Turn the system on, and place it between 0hmz-6hmz. And just walk away. It will slowly drive her insane trying to figure out where the almost audible sound is coming from but will never be able to figure it out. ^^ if it vibrates the wall to much you can get some dynomatt or even use a rubber door matt between wall and subwoofer. Turn on when you go to work, or go out.

forgot to add, id bet she is section 8 housing or a renter. ive heard from others in my condo those are the ones to watch out for because "most" dont care about themselves or the ones around them because they arent paying to own.
edit on 5-12-2012 by ~widowmaker~ because: bunnies

top topics

<<   2 >>

join