It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Same Person. Same Conscience. Two Bodies.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I read something on a book about a teacher (I can't say with total certain, but I think it was around the beginning of the last century - 20th ) who could create a self-projected body of herself, being able to be in two places at the same time.

And the book says there were people claiming they saw her in the classroom with the students, and at the same time she was seen walking in the garden, outside the school.

The book assures they were not twins.

BTW, the name of the book was something like "The Book of The Wonder and Fantastic" (this is probably not the right translation of its name, but you got the meaning).

How can this be originated? What do you think? Is it rubbish?

[edit on 22-10-2004 by Falkner]

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Padre Pio, a Catholic Monk, was said to have possessed this ability as well. The ability you are refering to is called bilocation or the ability to be in two places at the same time.

Among the most remarkable of the documented cases of bilocation was the Padre's appearance in the air over San Giovanni Rotondo during World War II. While southern Italy remained in Nazi hands American bombers were given the job of attacking the city of San Giovanni Rotondo. However, when they appeared over the city and prepared to unload their munitions a brown-robed friar appeared before their aircraft. All attempts to release the bombs failed. In this way Padre Pio kept his promise to the citizens that their town would be spared. Later on, when an American airbase was established at Foggia a few miles away, one of the pilots of this incident visited the friary and found to his surprise the little friar he had seen in the air that day over San Giovanni.

www.ewtn.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   
While I hold no opinion on bilocation,
the book you're talking about is "Strange Stories, Amazing Facts" put out by Reader's Digest.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   
That's exactly that book. I'm sorry i didn't know the correct name. It has a different name in my country, but is also edited by Reader's Digest. Thanks Banshee.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Banshee I am flipping throught that very book right now and the only bilocation story I can produce is that of Padre Pio is that the one you were reffering to Falkner?

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Found it!

Page 391 - "The Carbon Copy Schoolmarm"

Madam Sage, 1845 in Livonia, Russia.

Yeah, I own the book too.

Edit: here's the story reprinted on the 'net.

[edit on 22-10-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   
It might be a different version, or another volume of the same collection. In that book I was referring to, was something about the nostradamus (just a small part), and there was something about a "flying priest". Do you have any of these topics in your book? Tomorrow I can check the proper bibliographic info of the book (just tomorrow, because it is around 3.35 in the morning here, at this moment, and the book is not mine)

[edit on 22-10-2004 by Falkner]

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I would think that it is quite impossible, and even more difficult to prove.
of course if anyone can provide 99% conclusive evidence of this ability or phenomenon being real, ill be more than happy to believe it.

top topics

join