It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nanny jailed for crying rape after one-night stand

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
www.telegraph.co.uk...

The article in and of itself isn't terribly long, nor does it need to be.

It gets to the bread-n-butter of the situation. This woman 'couldn't handle rejection', so she tried to kill herself and when that didn't work, accused her employer of rape. Now, not only is this absolutely ridiculous, but finally there is vindication for the TRUE victim, the poor sob who drank all that vodka with her and ended up with THAT in his bed.

This strikes a deeper cord with me as it quite loudly says that people will do just about anything to maintain their own sense of well-being, without regard to what it may do to someone else. She claims rape. Was she really trying to get him jailed for rejecting her? Did she even consider his special-needs daughter whom she had cared for as his employee? What was the daughter to do with her dad in jail based on a lie?

The gentleman in question lost his job because of all the hoopla surrounding the case and, although he was proven innocent, he's now currently jobless and his name (at least locally) is still stigmatized. I can't imagine how horrible that is to be accused of something of that degree when you are, indeed, entirely innocent.. and to have no one believe you. Your community, your job; they shun you. Then what? Oh, you ARE innocent...

How do you come back from that? And all the article can say is the defendant cried 'Oh God, no..' as she was sentenced. Look, lady.. Jesus isn't going to come down and pat you on the back because you tried to ruin someones life and now you're sorry. Get behind them bars where you belong!

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Ill never understand how a person could ruin someones life out of spite of rejection.

Nice to see the real victim was protected. Thanks for bringing a serving of justice for us to read tonight!

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Never a problem. I was reading a bunch of different articles and the headline caught my eye. There wasn't really a question of whether or not to post it here, it had to be done!

Now, controversially: Does anyone think that the punishment of the guilty woman should reflect the potential sentence of the man, had he been charged guilty? Say he was sentenced to 10 years in jail. Since she was the one falsifying a report, potentially spending tax-payer dollars for a debunked court case, not to mention the cost on the tax-payers for an actual incarceration of 10 years..

Do you think the severity of her sentence should reflect not only on the fact that she lied, but the fact that she cost a man his job, damaged his reputation both socially and economically (job-market), and COULD have had him put away for an indeterminate amount of time? Yes, this happened in the UK, but we all know people in the U.S. have sued and won for a lot less.. i.e. McDonalds coffee being too hot.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I'll say it: He must've been down-right MADLY drunk to think of doing....that. Then again, take sex away from ANY man for a long enough period of time, and witness the things they won't hesitate to stick their pride into.

Although one-night-stands aren't really my type of pie, I can't blame him really. Not to mention articles like this don't get much attention -- 'woman lies and accuses man of rape, sympathy for the man' type of stories.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
She should be given mandatory psychiatric care as she's obviously a bit unstable.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k
Not to mention articles like this don't get much attention -- 'woman lies and accuses man of rape, sympathy for the man' type of stories.

One of the reasons I made sure to bring this to light!

edit on 3-12-2012 by Fimbulvetr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
The man should be entitled to reparations from the woman for tarnishing his good name. When she gets out of the slammer, her pay should be garnished and paid directly to the real victim in this case. It's too bad that when a woman like this gets scorned and accuses a man of rape, the default is to believe that woman.

-TS

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Given the end result,
it sounds just like Sharia Law.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

Crikey, so all this time while I've been single, celibate and occasionally seeing mrs palmer, I should have been out there shagging frumpy middle aged baby sitters.

Damn, where is my man hood, I've got the junk, just no trunk, and all this time I've just been doing it wrong.

Whew, I've a lot of catching up to do. Being a MAN and all, one of them things.

I kinda feel sad for the woman, but then I realise why I know about her and forget that. I detest a woman who cries rape for no reason as much as I detest a guy who brags that he's a stud and has a score card.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I bet Assange is hoping this gets world wide attention!

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

I'll say it: He must've been down-right MADLY drunk to think of doing....that.

If I was drunk enough to do... that, I wouldn't be capable. I would also most likely be unconscious.

It really is disgusting that someone would go as far as accusing someone of rape because they felt they made a mistake. I just hope this story doesn't get even more people blaming the woman in legitimate ( OH SNAP ) cases of rape. It really angers me that some do this, making it even harder for women who are already feeling terrified to come forward and report. Really a horrible thing to do not only to the man in this case, but society as a whole.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by mr10k

I'll say it: He must've been down-right MADLY drunk to think of doing....that.

If I was drunk enough to do... that, I wouldn't be capable. I would also most likely be unconscious.

It really is disgusting that someone would go as far as accusing someone of rape because they felt they made a mistake. I just hope this story doesn't get even more people blaming the woman in legitimate ( OH SNAP ) cases of rape. It really angers me that some do this, making it even harder for women who are already feeling terrified to come forward and report. Really a horrible thing to do not only to the man in this case, but society as a whole.

I couldn't agree more. This is an all around bad situation. Men should be upset, women should be upset.. The only silver lining is that she was caught and is now being made an example of.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I do not feel two years is long enough.

1. The goal here was to put an innocent man behind bars, and depending on the prosecution, could have been in prison much longer than 2 years, and in the US he would have had to register most likely too.

2. He lost his Job because of it.

3. People like this make is what makes it harder for a victim of rape to win cases. She has hurt more people than she realizes.

Sadly this happens all of the time. Men have been put into jail for years if not decades for false allegations of rape. Just recently there was a story about a woman who text messaged a man which showed she had made it all up, after he had already served his several year term.

My wifes ex-friend was put in jail for several months for the same thing.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thesickness
I’ll never understand how a person could ruin someone’s life out of spite of rejection.

Never been divorced? I worked a lot of divorce cases as a private investigator what always amazed me was that two people could go from in love enough to make children to unmitigated hate in about 4-7 years.

I personally have two ex-wives and still occasionally talk to them. No hard feelings and or issues on either side.

Rejection, comes with a lot of side emotions that compound into something that can get really bad.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Frightening thing in the man's world of being available and courting a woman.
Woman have their applicable fears when it comes to dating men equally true.

You never know what underlies therein should things turn south in any way.

I've always been a respectful gentleman, kind and gentle, should I want to disengage from a relationship that just doesn't have any potential.

It doesn't matter to some, I still got my car keyed, or front door egged, and called out as being 'gay' because I rejected (politely) a female's advances. Hell hath no fury as that vain woman.

She was so sweet....up until I said 'no'.
edit on 4-12-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I know an even better example of just how stupid people can really be. A woman ( with 2 kids ) and her boyfriend had sex with the womans 15 year old niece. Really stupid but there is more! The couple broke up shortly after and the woman called the police and reported the sex incident in order to get back at the ex-boyfriend. She admitted to taking part in sex with the minor with her boyfriend. To make a long story short, she got 18 years probation and lost her children, furthermore she is not allowed to even see her children until they turn 18 years old. This is how dumb our society has become. People can not think past 15 minutes from now.
edit on 4-12-2012 by jimmiec because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Unrequited love can unhinge the best of us.....For the already unhinged it's downtight dangeous.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
We all need to grow up. Men who can't handle rejection kill their exes, and women who can't handle rejection accuse the one who rejected them of rape?

I hope her cellmate turned to a life of crime after being unable to emotionally recover from a rape. And that she has tons of body hair. With the face of her partially-consumed identical twin poking from her left cheek.

Shut up. It could happen.

top topics

join