Lucid Dreaming and intense fear

page: 1

join

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I have had one lucid dream before and it was awesome. However, ever since then it has always been a very fearful experience. To start, my body begins vibrating and my ears ring very loudly and this creeps me out. In my dreams where this happens I always feel as if something very negative is around me or wants to hurt me. This makes it worse. Last night was a very interesting lucid dream, the ringing did not happen but i was in i guess a very large empty super market with people all around me. I became conscious about it and as I looked at these people i thought to myself 'I'll smile and they'll know I'm friendly', but the whole time I am very scared because of my previous experiences where I felt a very negative entity wanted to harm me. So as I'm running through this supermarket smiling at these people, the people then smile back at me but not in a happy kinda way but more along the lines I'm coming to get you. I had to fly away to get away from them and then woke myself up because it was pretty scary. Is this my subconscious mind being a bitch? A side note, many times when I feel the presence of something negative and my ears get that high pitch and my body sort of vibrates, I always see an orb like thing that shows itself to me. One time I woke up and while still under sleep paralysis it looked like it went through my heart chakra. This orb I don't feel very comfortable around it really sketches me out. Anybody have any clue?

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by thatshicray

Don't scare yourself. You can't be possessed through lucid dream or any variation of the sort. In the astral, or dream realm, thought is basically the form of all creation. So, if you feel something negative... just think it away. It's that simple from what I've read and come to understand. The vibrations and sounds are just hypnagogic hallucinations in which you experience while you're half awake and asleep, completely normal, and both are preemptive before going to a lucid state or out-of-body experience.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
yeah I figured it was just me. I've always wanted to explore my subconscious especially to see if it can help me become more creative and release a lot of my negative baggage. It happens to me about once a month, now I hope it happens soon.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

I don't know what the cause of this sensation is but I, too, have experienced it. In my case it is a shadow entity that wants to do something terrible to me. This has never been expressed verbally in the dream but by thought alone.

This thing that pursues me usually chases me through a dark barn and the barn is very long. It seems to go on forever as I run from this shadow being. I always end up waking up but in the dream I'm completely terrified before I do.

There is another thread that talks about alternate realities and reading it made me wonder if, in the dream state, we are crossing over into these other realms. Scientists still haven't been able to explain sleep, dreams, or the functions of the body during sleep. It's a far out explanation, but so are the things we experience while "unconscious".

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MCCXLIV

Exactly, typically this shadow thing scares the crap out of me, I can feel its negative presence and its usually when its dark outside. A lot of times this happens in my house as a child growing up. Then again, another thought pops up in my head that maybe I am fearing if for the wrong reasons and maybe this thing has something of value that it wants to share with me? I mean from the research that I've done nothing can hurt you in the dream state right?

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Philosophile

What is the difference between being possessed or being fixated on something to the point in which you have no control over how you deal with it?

There are many pitfalls when trying to play around with these things. A person needs to get their waking life in order before trying to manipulate the dream world.

It is not a good idea to put the cart before the horse in this arena. The journey will be more natural if it is taken with patience in the approach. The markers that a person will find to guide them in the dream world will not be found in the dream world, but in other forms during the waking life. He will see them for what they are and be able to use them as skills when the time and place are right.

Slow down and don't try to push things, there will be less friction that way and your progress will be faster and more rewarding.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

The feeling I get is that there is something very dark and very evil and it is always just behind me.

I don't think these things can hurt us. They haven't so far or we would have heard about it, right? I don't think you need to worry about it.

Something that may help you is to try to wake yourself up when this thing gets close to you in the dream. This is what I do. It is a tremendous relief to be able to do this. It limits the terror you have to endure. In the dream I yell at myself to wake up and I do.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

I think the first dream you had where you were lucid dreaming was just that. I think these other dreams may have started off as a lucid dream, but developed into sleep paralysis. That's why they are freakier.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Funny you say you are vibrating, because I wake up sometimes and my brain will be vibrating, no lie, im serious, it sounds funny i know. Ive never had that great LUCID dream, but I dream about random locations that arent the same ,meaning that for example I will be in my neighborhood, but different houses and roads, like alternate realities in my mind. Kinda hard to explain.Normally Im in a bad situation and wake up out of it. I can remember the first dream I ever remember and it was when i was 5 years old.I dreamed that myself and an older man with short brown hair and sunglasses were on a beach somewhere tropical snorkeling and looking under the water,I didnt know the man but seemed like in my dream i did know him, but I was sad because my mother had just died (in my dream, she is still alive). I woke up crying. About 5 years ago, my neighbor who fits the description, who i fish with and have become good friends with,asked if i wanted to go to Culebra to snorkel, and that being the main purpose, I was scared to go. But I selfishly went anyway and have been back there and a ton of other places since and she is still alive. I think about that dream all the time especially before dive or snorkel trips.
I despise being waken up out of a dream, when my head is vibrating and im just really deep in it while my mind is in full weirdness mode, situation after situation it seems sometimes. Most of the time I am so glad to wake up and not be stuck in that situation I was just in and I wake up happy and thankful that my life isnt what it had been a few seconds earlier.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Thinking negativity away gives it uncertainty and formless mass.

You need to embrace the fear in order for it to whither and become nothingness. Grab onto it, and terrorise it. Tell it you own it, and that you're going to pet it like a dog.

Fear and negative thoughts are most often like weeds in a garden that you neglect. The less you attend to it, the worse it gets. But the more positive and curious attention you give it, you start to see some weeds are actually flowers..

edit on 3-12-2012 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

I respect your opinion. You have not been in my head when this thing has been after me. You have not known the sheer terror it imbues in me. I am unable to defend myself against it, so my only defense from it is to wake from the nightmare.

I don't know what it is that pursues me and I'm not interested in finding out.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Quauhtli

Sounds more like an obsession rather than possession, unless you want to say the two are synonymous. To my understanding, possession, in the sense that we're talking here, is being forcefully inhabited by a negative entity and being unable to control one's own actions. However, I agree that before one pursues lucid dreaming they should first have their waking life in order.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
This is a reply to all you idiots who are playing with things you do not understand!!!!!!

One of you said: I don't think these things can hurt us. They haven't so far or we would have heard about it, right?

WRONG. Two problems here: (1) the kind of damage that is done is to drive one to mental breakdown, to possibly depression or, worse, to psychosis i.e. schizophrenia. Under these circumstances the person who has brought schizophrenia upon themselves is unlikely to be able to tell you how and why it happened. (2) People are not notably good at connecting an effect with its cause, especially when the two do not occur at the same time.

The fact is that dreams are extremely important. They contain the wisdom and knowledge that is required to live a healthy, happy life. In ancient times this used to be known. In modern times a recognition of this fact would put science out of business, ergo science ensures that this fact is not recognised. In addition, the ability to interpret dreams requires a far more sophisticated mind than that required by science, and there just aren't the people around nowadays with the required sophisticated abilities and understanding - forget Freud and Jung, they were far too simplistic and forget the kind of interpretations you get on sites like this where people take dreams far too literally.

The fear that you have been experiencing, the entities that you feel thretened by, these are all warnings. They are telling you that you should be afraid of what you are doing and should leave off. Quite simply in their wisdom your dreams are trying to scare you off and thus protect you from severely damaging your mind. And don't suppose that you have a safety net in the medical professions - they cannot cure schizophrenia or other psychotic conditions; they cannot even cure depression or anxiety, although with these conditions there is a chance that you will be got back to be able to function again - that is not to say healthy, but just functional.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Wow this is really interesting. I have to say, I have had multiple experience similar to your. I have nightmare vsions all the time. I glad I fund somone with the same ngihtmares. From what I found that negative energy, ringing in my ear (jus like yours) is demonic activty. I will tell you more if you like? Maybe this will help you and my family.

exclusive video

top topics

join