It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do People Hate the Jews? A Look at Anti-Semitism

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DerekJR321

Let me clarify again. I do not dislike JEWISH people. I dislike ZIONISTS. I dislike extremists... Christian, Muslim and Jewish. They all exist...

I think it is important to remember this. Extremists exist everywhere. They make the most noise.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

The blame of the UN is in it's consistent lack of effort in holding Israel to any of the Sanctions that have been mandated because of public outcry in the region. Because of this impotence, they are complicitous in the destruction of the Palestinians' way of life. The sad thing is, most of the sanctions that are mandated in that region go towards Israel, with a small chunk going towards Hamas and the retaliatory atrocities that they commit, yet it seems that the UN is just there for show these days. Pretty much just wagging their finger at aggressors and that's pretty much it. They have no teeth to enforce their sanctions with, and if they did, I honestly don't think they'd have the guts to use it against the strongest Nuclear power in the Middle East. It's the same reason why the US will never invade Pakistan, because Pakistan is Nuclear as well, and the funny thing is we provided the technology that enabled both Israel and Pakistan (as well as India, but I digress) to be the most dangerous potential enemies we could ever have. Funny thing is we're constantly told that we must fear Iran because they want Nuclear capability, but every time they get close, their reactors mysteriously
blow up, but again....I digress. But yeah, the biggest problem with the UN is in it's lack of will to defend those that are oppressed, just as Rwanda and The Medak Pocket proved quite markedly in the early 90's.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums

Originally posted by Expat888
newsflash junior.... its NOT jews that people hate... its israels leaders and their continued policies of oppression... mass murder... terror and crimes against humanity that people hate... very large difference ... nice try but fail on your pathetic attempt at propaganda and misinformation...

Oh. There was no anti-semitism before 1948? No kidding.

Well, thank you Expat888 for correcting the entire rest of the planet.

I shudder to think what would happen if you weren't here to inform us that there was no bigotry against the Jewish people before 1948.

Oh wait... every word you typed in that post was a lie because anyone with the simple ability to read will be able to find well documented historic examples of such things pre-1948.

Perhaps if you'd take a step back from your vile attitude towards your fellow members and research before you post you can avoid future errors like this.

Hope I've been able to help you.

Thanks for stepping up Dj. The intention of the thread was to discuss early anti-semitism, pre-1947. People are so quick to toss around terms like shrill, or troll, or other negative terms. Its getting more and more difficult to have an intelligent conversation these days.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I think the term Zionist is used more today to describe extremely pro Israel stances, but Zionism has been around much longer than that.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Your thread title is wrong

it should be "Why Do People Hate the Zionist"
and delete the last trolling part with your anti semitism

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

Cosmic911 stated clearly in his OP he is talking about pre-Zionism.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

edit on 3-12-2012 by Cosmic911 because: (no reason given)

Early...early anti-semitism...

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums

Cosmic911 stated clearly in his OP he is talking about pre-Zionism.

sorry i have stoped reading after Why do people hate the Jews

i had a few jewish friend that are nice people
but the zionist ones are like the white supremacist KKK group in the US
racist to the bones

people never hated the jews but now with Israel Regime in place
always bombing the crap out of Gaza
they surely have a big reason to do so
edit on 12/3/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
First of all "Judaism" isn't a race, it's a religion. Jews aren't Semites, they are either Sephardim or Ashkenazi. Modern day arabs are Semites. Regardless of whether they are Sephardim (Spanish) or Ashkenazi (Eastern European/Russian), NEITHER can lay claim to any portion fo the Middle East as modern Jews are European in origin. Most likely, the Semitic Jews were absorbed into indigenous populations of Northern Africa (Moore's) and became Moslem's.

Now, knowing those FACTS, we can look at a few underlying "Rubs" that piss people off. First, the Talmud... a "Religious" book that teaches that anyone NOT Jewish is equaivalent to an animal and is a slave to the Jew - real nice there! It goes on to state that anything a non-Jew owns is rightfully the possession of the Jew by divine right - getting better, eh? And finally, it states that God chose the Jews as His people and created everything else to serve His people - wonderful clincher, ain't it!? Sadly, a great number of Jews embrace this faulty belief system and behave accordingly. This is not likely to earn friends.

Throughout the whole of Jewish history, they have manipulated the hearts and minds of countless peoples to create a world where they alone set the rules. There are more UN Resolutions condemning Israel for abhorrent acts than the next 3 countries combined - yet, they continue to exhibit the attitude explained above! In fact, anyone interested in looking at the truth behind WWI and WWII will find a great number of Jews maneuvering to create their own Country, Israel - even at the expense of their own people!

Now that we've addressed the hasty generalizations, let's dive deeper into the human condition. I don't "Hate" the Jews, but I do hate the Zionists! I'm good with everyone who is good with me. When anyone determines to hate a group of people for meritless labels, they should expect to be hated in return - this goes both ways!. I know many of very good, very nice Jewish people whom I socialize with, work with and live among. They do not advocate for the Zionist, racist ways. That said, when one perceives to be hated, they will hate in return. It IS a part of the human condition.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Thanks for the history lesson, kozmo! I think people forget that being Jewish is a religion, not a nationality. So as a nationality, does it really make sense that they would share a single homeland? Besides Israel, have the Jewish people have their own nation?

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
The question is why do jewish people hate the rest of humanity? After all to them, we are nothing. We are only there to be used and abused by gods chosen race of people. This seems to be the problem. If you go around calling people cattle ect then they will get pissed off about it. No wonder so many countries have evicted them, or tried to kill them. They call us goyim, which is no different than a nazi calling some one an untermensch. ie_ sub human. I think that this god of theirs should have given them their own world, instead of letting them live on this one, with us normal people. ..

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Why did people hate Jews prior to Israel becoming a nation? I see lots of posts all the time about how its Israel/Zionists that are the bad guys...but people hated Jews before there was an Israel. Why were they hated then?

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobM88
Why did people hate Jews prior to Israel becoming a nation? I see lots of posts all the time about how its Israel/Zionists that are the bad guys...but people hated Jews before there was an Israel. Why were they hated then?

That's my question. That's what nobody can tell me. I know that people hate Zionists. But like you asked, what about early Jewish people? I guess it's probably the "chosen people" portion of their religion? I don't know too much about the Jewish religion. It seems every faith discriminates against someone and claims themselves as the chosen people.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Sorry, I realized after I made my post that your OP was asking exactly that question. My mistake.

2nd line.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobM88

Sorry, I realized after I made my post that your OP was asking exactly that question. My mistake.

2nd line.

It's cool. It seems it's a more difficult question than I anticipated.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

I am a South Florida goyam who can give you my personal view if you are interested.

Many people do not agree that Israel is the sole property of the Jews just because the bible says it's so.

"The Lord made a covenant with Abraham, saying, 'To your descendants I have given this Land, from the river of Egypt as far as the great river, the river Euphrates'" (Genesis 15:18-21).

People are jealous of the Jews because of their above average intelligence and community support system that makes them very successful.

These two reasons have been around for centuries, before and after 1947.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I have no idea if its true, but I've read that far back in history, Jews were among the few people that could actually read and write, so they tended to end up with the "important" jobs, like banker, etc.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic911

Thanks for stepping up Dj. The intention of the thread was to discuss early anti-semitism, pre-1947. People are so quick to toss around terms like shrill, or troll, or other negative terms. Its getting more and more difficult to have an intelligent conversation these days.

Help me out and other disabled people on this site by not hiding your question in the middle of the OP and then complain when people don't answer Your question.

A thank you to all that contributed to helping with your homework would be nice too.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
In order to be more specific and address the question which was clarified later - why did people hate the Jews PRIOR to the formation of Israel?

There are many reasons that go back before the times of Jesus... The first of which is that the Jews were the "Money changers" in the temple. You can think of them as the very first organized crime ring which preyed on people by taking their wealth away via usury.

From that point, the Jews have exercised a high level of xenophobia - even when living amongst native and indigenous peoples. In essence, they formed a type of club that required Judaism as a core principle. Anyone not belonging to the club were viewed as sub-human. Collectively the Jews maneuvered against native and indigenous populations to improve their position in society - often at the expense of the people that they lived amongst. At times, this included even moderate Jews as well. This is certain to piss people off as they become aware of the game being perpetrated against them.

Subversion is another reason. As is manipulation.

History of Zionism and Israel

The above link offers a very thorough history on how Judaism evolved into Zionism and offers great insight into how their treatment of native and indigenous peoples led to their status and subsequent exiles throughout the whole of history.

Again, I do NOT hate the "Jews", I simply hate the Zionist elements held within Judaism. It is important to note that most modern Jews outside of Israel have no ties to Zionism, nor do they practice its beliefs. Every religion has their extremes yet Zionism is the one extreme that has interfered in the development of many nations and peoples.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I think the minority Zionist Jews have to man up and end this historical cycle of misery and sorrow once and for all...They either have to change their greedy behavior and manipulative aggressive actions or totally change their outfits and transfer to something a little cuter and more humane if you know what i mean!.. and my god get rid of that hated brand name!!... That is the only two options they actually have, if they still care about the future of their children.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join