It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do People Hate the Jews? A Look at Anti-Semitism

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
This thread is really started as an educational piece for myself. Growing up in the 1980's I remember the strife between Israel and the PLO. What I remember the most is probably all the bombings and violence. Being a child I really didn't understand all the reasons for the violence. Now, as an adult I realize just how complicated the issues are. I still struggle to understand all the dynamics between Israel, Palestine, Gaza, the West Bank, etc. In reflection of all the issues I began to consider the amount of anti-semitism. Again, I don't understand the entire issue. You hear a lot of words like Zionism, which doesn't mean a whole lot to a ten year old boy growing up in Upstate New York. With America's wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, it seemed the focus of the violence shifted elsewhere. Now it seems, the PLO is back in the news.

In addition to not completely understanding the religious, ethnic, and cultural components of the struggles in the Middle East, the issue of anti-semitism arises. The 1947 United Nations partition of Palestine can be directly attributed feelings of anti-semitism, however, less obvious to me, is the reasons for early causes of anti-semitism. Well I stumbled upon an interesting article regarding anti-semitism and its causes, titled Why do people hate the jews?

Why has anti-Semitism been so pervasive in so many countries, in so many time periods and for so many reasons? (One begins to wonder. Perhaps there is something wrong with the Jews and Judaism? After all, there is an old Yiddish saying -- "If one person calls you a donkey, ignore him; if two people call you a donkey, buy a saddle.")

Between the years 250 CE and 1948 CE - a period of 1,700 years - Jews have experienced more than eighty expulsions from various countries in Europe - an average of nearly one expulsion every twenty-one years. Jews were expelled from England, France, Austria, Germany, Lithuania, Spain, Portugal, Bohemia, Moravia and seventy-one other countries.

Historians have classified six explanations as to why people hate the Jews:
-Economic
-Chosen people
-Scapegoat
-Deicide
-Outsiders
-Racial theory
(explanations provided on the website)

While the article isn't exactly mind-blowing or particularly intellectual, it is presented from a historical Israeli perspective. It concludes with this...

Every other hated group is hated for a relatively defined reason. We Jews, however, are hated in paradoxes: Jews are hated for being a lazy and inferior race - but also for dominating the economy and taking over the world. We are hated for stubbornly maintaining our separateness - and, when we do assimilate - for posing a threat to racial purity through intermarriages. We are seen as pacifists and as warmongers; as capitalist exploiters and as revolutionary communists; possessed of a Chosen-People mentality, as well as of an inferiority complex. It seems that we just can't win.

And thus...

Now we know what are NOT the reasons for anti-Semitism.

Why do people hate the Jews?

I also found a website that outlines the U.N. partition of 1947, which includes maps and statistics. In addition to the numbers, it also provides details before and after the '47 partition.

History of Israel

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I don't think it's the Jewish people that are hated by others, it's the Zionists that people hate. I have noticed that lately Jewish people are their own worst enemies. You cannot as a people go around declaring everything that isn't within you cultures tight scope of beliefs anti-semitism.

Also why are Jewish people so sensitive about everything? It seems like every time you say anything that is even remotely derogatory against a Jewish person even if it has nothing to do with them being Jewish you are immediately being anti semitic.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

While this isn't really my subject, except for my religious upbringing, I'd say the reason stems from "the chosen people." "because God says we can" check box.

I grew up with the mentality of a "born again," Christian superiority "McCarthyism" based fear of communism mentality AND that America was "God's chosen country." "'cuz look, we've got the "bomb!"

Israel is demonstration and an extension of American (Christian) influence and superiority.

The fact that we had just nuked a country had people lathered up in some frenzy of holy righteousness that I can't explain. But I remember my grandparent making us read the book "The Ugly American." They were actually Kennedy administration appointed diplomats with "People to People." (Go Figure?)

Although, I'm not sure I have any more to add, I'd like to keep watching this thread.

edit on 3-12-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Hatred for the Jews is almost universal and inexplicable.

The Nazis seen them as animals, not human, and the history there is still being rewritten. The Jews are often blamed for acts of evil, even for 9/11, they are destined to be hated. The choices for all of humanity will lead to the ultimate conflict. Were they God's chosen people? Did they send Jesus to his death?

Does it matter?

Most of the world must hate the Jew, destiny will not allow it to be any other way.

What I find amusing is that many will say, I don't hate the Jews, but I hate the Zionists, and Israel. Look at what they have done to the Palestinian people!

How easily people forget what has been done to the Jewish people, just because they are Jewish. Hatred in the soul of any human, regardless of race, culture religion etc. is how evil invades and takes over.

If anyone feels a need to arbitrarily hate a human being for any reason, then that person should begin by looking in a mirror.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I don't hate Jewish people but Netanyahu scares me to death when he draws stick figures and bombs in one hand and has his other hand on a nuclear button. Sorry, but this type of behavior does not win popularity contests with me or most of the world.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

They are overly-sensitive (Israelis that is) because they know that their government is in the wrong, or at least they should. Yes there are bastards on both sides of the barricades, but guess who wronged who first. They basically came in to Palestine with the belief that it belonged to them simply because "God said so," and proceeded with herding all the indigenous arabs into the over-grown ghettoes that we now know as the Gaza Strip and West Bank. Then they proceeded with continually brutalizing and militarily attacking the Palestinians (don't forget the incursion into Lebanon either, which alot of the extremist Palestinians consider to be even more justification for the eradication of the state of Israel.) continually until the Palestinians basically decided they'd had enough and started counter-attacking. At this point in the game, over 70% of the general population of the Gaza Strip and West Bank rely on international humanitarian assistance, as the naval blockade will not allow them to take fishing vessels out of harbour, which is criminal, as fishing is (or should I say was) the primary food source in Gaza. They also proceeded with shelling water treatment facilities, as well as power generation facilities, so now, most Gazans are reliant on Israel for power and water, which is not provided on a consistent basis. Then you add in the brutality of the Israeli soldiers who have been documented (in the words of the soldiers themselves) as looting and ransacking Palestinian homes for kicks pretty much. Need I say more? I can go on if there is any real interest in the truth.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

While this isn't really my subject, except for my religious upbringing, I'd say the reason stems from "the chosen people." "because God says we can" check box.

I agree, I'm no expert in Jewish-Arab affairs. That's kinda why I started this thread. I think what you posted relates more to later anti-semitism rather than early anti-semitism. It's easy to see how late anti-semitism formed but I'm still unsure about its early formation.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by earthalien50

I honestly think that the conduct of the Israeli power-elite is in no way representative of Israelis as a whole(as a matter of fact, I've heard compelling evidence that Israeli moderates are treated about as well as the Palestinians are. Thrown in jail for no reason and the like..), and for that matter, of people of Semitic descent in general, although some people would say I'm anti-semitic just for saying that. It amazes me how twisted the dialogue of the mainstream becomes. That's what happens when AIPAC pretty much owns congress though.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

...it's the Zionists that people hate...

From what I understand the Zionists are ultra-national Israelis. Very pro-Israel.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Riddle me this..why is it that a small tin pot Country like Israel with stuff all people living there create so much strife ?

I will tell you, its because and only because the USA props them. If they didn't have a big brother to look out for them they would surely be as humble a nation as the rest of the worlds smaller countries.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

How much blame does the United Nations own for the conflict between Israel and Palestine?

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
newsflash junior.... its NOT jews that people hate... its israels leaders and their continued policies of oppression... mass murder... terror and crimes against humanity that people hate... very large difference ... nice try but fail on your pathetic attempt at propaganda and misinformation...

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Well.. I can say honestly that I don't hate all Jewish people. I hate extremists. And I without a shadow of a doubt hate the Zionists.

In the case of the Zionist, I hate them... no hate probably isn't the correct word. I detest them because they are bold faced liars. They lie about nearly everything. They manipulate people, they twist words and emotions, and to me they are just disgusting individuals. They have been lying for so long, in order to play the "victim". It sickens me.

Now you can call me an "anti-Semite" or a "Jew hater" or whatever other silly names you want. Names don't bother me. I've done so much research into these subjects and the bottom line is the amount of lies told will make your head spin.

Let me clarify again. I do not dislike JEWISH people. I dislike ZIONISTS. I dislike extremists... Christian, Muslim and Jewish. They all exist. People are quick to condemn the Muslims and the Koran and claim they are all disgusting human beings. But the people who follow the Babylonian Talmud are no better. In fact they are far worse. Read it sometime and you will understand.

Why do I feel the way I do? Probably because of all the LIES I was taught as a child in school. About the "lamp shades made of skin" or the "bars of soap made from human fat". I could go on and on. Maybe another time.

I can say I am not ashamed to voice my opinion. The day that extremists are eliminated from this earth is a day that maybe peace could actually be achieved.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I sense the deep annoyance against them, and I can't quite put my finger on the reason for it either.
Is it because of the shining light of God's presence in them repelling everyone's evil hearts? I have no idea. Speaking of which, I wonder if that very idea is a part of why Jewish people incite so much annoyance just by existing. A dauphin walking around prickly with the pride of his fully royal birth won't win him very many popularity contests. Or would it?

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx

I honestly think that the conduct of the Israeli power-elite is in no way representative of Israelis as a whole(as a matter of fact, I've heard compelling evidence that Israeli moderates are treated about as well as the Palestinians are. Thrown in jail for no reason and the like..), and for that matter, of people of Semitic descent in general, although some people would say I'm anti-semitic just for saying that. It amazes me how twisted the dialogue of the mainstream becomes. That's what happens when AIPAC pretty much owns congress though.

The Israeli power elite where elected by the Israeli people, at least that is what MSM reports. If they are correct, then the Israeli people must acknowlege his representation and take some credit or blame. Did the MSM concoct that little press conference/art class? That is what scares me. By the end of WWIII, no one will be left to hate.

edit on 12/3/2012 by earthalien50 because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
as a jew i will tell you why

becausee most of us are brainwashed sheeple like the rest of you

the zionists and their willing house slaves destroy everything they touch and then call themselves jews

during yhe 2nd ww it was the zionists that brainwashed the jews into boycotting germany because hitler wanted to jail the zionist bankers for fiscally enslaving germany.

sort of like what they are doong to your america now.

when the jews fell for the propaganda and boycotted in turn the germans boyvotted them and clearly labeled their shops so non jews woupd know who to boycott

it got to tje ppint where germanywanted all jews out because of this whoch was the zionists master plan all along
the creation pf that abhorrant #hole called israel

our families were placed in camps until countries couod be found where we were to be deported to

there were no mass targeted killings
thats the zio media at playto leep is fighting

in my opinoon, either hitler was a straight up dude who tried to rid ger,any of the bankers and got double crossed or he was in on the creation of israel scam

ask yourself this
why were they called nazis and the zionists are ashke nazis
why were there 170k high ranking jews in hitlers armed forces

thesame can be said about americas history
zzionists creared amd dpminated your slave trade andthen blamed christians with white skon for ot
divide and conquer

are you seriously going to tell me the the 75k blacl confederates that fought for the south were slaves?
no
,matter of fact they were slave owners
yes you jeard that right
therabbit hole id deep alice

keep looking and one day you might decipher the gramdvplan and it is a spiritual war
earth is hell and the devils chosen do control it

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

If they are truly elected, than it would be no more meaningful than the electoral process over here. Where do you think our politicians got most of their dirty tricks from? You think they're just makin this stuff up as they go? lol But yeah...electoral politics, in this day and age, is a bloody farce. Doesn't even matter who you vote for, as they don't get nominated unless they've proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that they're willing to play ball.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
newsflash junior.... its NOT jews that people hate... its israels leaders and their continued policies of oppression... mass murder... terror and crimes against humanity that people hate... very large difference ... nice try but fail on your pathetic attempt at propaganda and misinformation...

You should really re-direct your angst against your mother, where it belongs, or perhaps in your bedroom. I love how everyone is accused of propaganda, or mis/disinformation, or trolling, or shilling, when trying to have an honest discussion. And while you're right that there has been oppression and crimes committed by Jewish people, you cannot deny crimes committed against Jewish people. I'm pretty sure 6.5 million Jews didn't put themselves in ovens and cook themselves. Do you still think these people weren't hated, or is it just me? Talk about pathetic.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888

Oh. There was no anti-semitism before 1948? No kidding.

Well, thank you Expat888 for correcting the entire rest of the planet.

I shudder to think what would happen if you weren't here to inform us that there was no bigotry against the Jewish people before 1948.

Oh wait... every word you typed in that post was a lie because anyone with the simple ability to read will be able to find well documented historic examples of such things pre-1948.

Perhaps if you'd take a step back from your vile attitude towards your fellow members and research before you post you can avoid future errors like this.

Hope I've been able to help you.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I am 55 years old now and because I had never been a part of it or actually seen it I had to ask my wife this same question just this year. May I suggest that dislike or "hate" in this case (and many others) is mostly learned behavior or at least self taught? I see no problem with others who have never been in my face with differing views and even if they had, those beliefs would have had little to no impact on how I live my life.

I think those who hate are more often guilty of some form of reverse discrimination, and thereby inflicting a prejudice that could just as easily be turned back towards them from the prospective of those they disagree with. Has no one ever noticed how overplaying the so called “race” card only invites more scrutiny than before, sometimes to the point of disgust from their own?

Either way, I want to say how glad I am to see ATS stand its ground for the mutual respect of all.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join