It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amsterdam to create 'scum villages'

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
Who decides what is "anti-social" behavior? The question is, will they be forced to wear a yellow star or something when they leave the barrios?

No, it's nothing like that. I covered it here in this post. But it seems most fail to read the entire thread.

Unless of course you are in support of youth gangs, violence and vandalism...

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by lifeform11

People like to bitch and complain shouting that the government is trying to strip their rights, without actually looking at the story or analyze the situation. It's a little sad. Half the people in this thread don't even know what the situation is about, and if they were in it, they would be shouting for the government to step in and do something, all the while complaining the gov is trying to put them in a concentration camp.

I've pointed out earlier in the thread that I live in a pretty 'bad' area: A 60s-built tower block on a sink estate in the North of England. High unemployment, high crime, racial/religious tension, hotspot for a lot of health/mortality issues. I will see all the behaviour that people are complaining about here on a fairly regular basis. I've been a victim of it myself.

And yet, here I am, thinking this is a terrible thing. I said much earlier in this thread, it's funny how quick people are to demand this kind of thing when they're sure they'll be on the right side of the fence.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

People like to bitch and complain shouting that the government is trying to strip their rights, without actually looking at the story or analyze the situation. It's a little sad. Half the people in this thread don't even know what the situation is about, and if they were in it, they would be shouting for the government to step in and do something, all the while complaining the gov is trying to put them in a concentration camp.

Deny ignorance indeed.

Yeah, please do.

Because they are trying to strip our rights.
Its happening all over the world if you haven't noticed.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir

I've pointed out earlier in the thread that I live in a pretty 'bad' area: A 60s-built tower block on a sink estate in the North of England. High unemployment, high crime, racial/religious tension, hotspot for a lot of health/mortality issues. I will see all the behaviour that people are complaining about here on a fairly regular basis. I've been a victim of it myself.

And yet, here I am, thinking this is a terrible thing. I said much earlier in this thread, it's funny how quick people are to demand this kind of thing when they're sure they'll be on the right side of the fence.

I'm totally in agreement with you. I too have seen this world up close and deadly many times, and am currently smack bang in the middle of such a situation. Knives drawn, death threats made and no police response.

However, this is a terrible idea. When the totalitarian european state comes out from hiding and shakes free it's sheep clothing i know exactly where the state will go to hire goons to do their bidding and be their scape goats.

After these scum villages have been established everybody from those post codes (zip codes) will be blacklisted from jobs and be forced to turn to crime to survive. Eventually the only organisation that will employ them will be the government.

A better way to tackle this problem is through education, peer pressure, community service/payback and a fair days pay for a fair days labour. It needs to become socially unacceptible to indulge in anti-social behaviour in the same way drink driving has become frowned upon here in the UK. Unfortunately that ain't going to happen as the system wants and needs anti-social behavour to continue to rise.

I'd also be in favour of short-term solitary confinement prison sentences for anti-social offences, and offences is the correct term because at least here in the UK there is an existing legal framework to deal with this problem, it's just not enforced by th system.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join