It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amsterdam to create 'scum villages'

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

How about the ones who keep repeating the same stuff over and over again, no matter what punishment/help they've been given? If a line can be established then as I said, these "scum" villages are a great idea and I'm sure they won't be quite as bad as what the Jews were given in WW2.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
reply to post by andy06shake

How about the ones who keep repeating the same stuff over and over again, no matter what punishment/help they've been given? If a line can be established then as I said, these "scum" villages are a great idea and I'm sure they won't be quite as bad as what the Jews were given in WW2.

I dont have an answer mate. One good thing that will come from this if implimented is it will just bring us one step closer to the revolution we all know is right around the corner. Thats what happens when people that have try and segregate and control a population on the verge of financial meltdown.

Let them eat cake, eh?
edit on 5-12-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Who decides what is "anti-social" behavior? The question is, will they be forced to wear a yellow star or something when they leave the barrios?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

they cant even be compared with concentration camps , you have to have knowledge about the netherlands current social situation before you can judge about this , basic line is that these people are nothing more than domestic terrorists who prey on the weak.
Violence against Government personel in this country has increased with 50 % the last year , some time ago a Cash storage facility was robbed by persons who used high end military tactics to infiltrate and exfiltrate , there was a police station 1 minute driving from it , they used spike strips to immobilize the police vehicles , used C4 to blast there way in , police cars that where able to get there had to flee as they where fired upon by heavy machine guns and assault rifles , they used 3 getaway cars , one crashed around 75 KM away from the facility ( located in Amsterdam Brink Depot)
They immediatlely commandeered a vehicle from 3 construction workers going to there job , using warningshots to scare them , the construction workers noticed they where carrying one of the buddy bandits who was injured because of the crash , all the time the police chose to not engage , it was in the middle of the night , the bandits drove from Amsterdam to Eindhoven wich is roughly around 120 Km , they couldnt have reacted cause Special intervention units would never make it in time cause they have only a few , wich do not cover the entire country.
Standard police is only equiped always with small firearms , they use a Walter P5 , the mag only houses 8 rounds ,
Ofcourse the fellas in this story are Proffesional Crimminals with possible militairy background , the people in the "scum villages " are not all into these activities.
But the last decade surely for me has proven that the Law in this country cannot protect his people , what will scare you if you get 1 , maybe 2 months prison for Armed robbery , or only lose your license 5 years if you did a drunk and drive vehicle manslaughter.
As i said earlier my country is going down the drain on every front , social, political and economical , these kinda people think this is a jungle and they are the top spot in the foodchain.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I'm not sure if anyone brought this up but what about children or innocent family members? If you have an out of control teenager or an abusive spouse are you going to be forced to live in the scum village too?

Should children have to live in a bad neighborhood just because their parents are anti-social?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
Who decides what is "anti-social" behavior? The question is, will they be forced to wear a yellow star or something when they leave the barrios?

One example:

I work shifts, I own a 1kW sound system and live in an apartment with neighbours above and next to me. I just came home (0:30) and I know my above neighbour has to go to work tomorrow morning round 0:600.

Antisocial would be for me to go and watch a movie with my system on full throttle. I think I would shake the complete abuilding out of bed. Now I bet it wont be long until the police came and give me a yellow card for my behaviour.

yellow card??? Yup, yellow card: How does that work in my county?

1st complaint = yellow card (official warning)
2nd complaint within 6 months = red card and + €75,- fine
3th complaint within 6 moths = 2nd red card; amplifier will be confiscated
4th complaint within 6 moths = all equipment will be confiscated + prosecution + possible being kicked out.

Exerp from this article (In Dutch so unless you like gibberish, don't click.)

So...to get kicked out, I must act as a real thick skinned pain in the ass, having "causingearthquakesatmidnight" as a hobby. Some people actually do, and worse.

I like the "behave or get lost" attitude.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
You people keep getting two things crisscrossed. You keep giving examples of criminal acts, and how it is horrible to live around someone that does that stuff.

There is already a place for people committing criminal acts. That is the prison.
People that are using C4, and are attacking emergency vehicles and the like, can be arrested and put in jail.

Read the article again….”The tough approach taken by Mr van der Laan appears to jar with Amsterdam's famous tolerance for prostitution and soft drugs but reflects hardening attitudes to routine anti-social behavior that falls short of criminality”

These villages are for people that are not committing criminal acts. The ones that do nothing wrong to the point that there is any justification to arrest them. They are just people that have neighbors that don’t like them. These people have not been charged with anything.

People here are saying that you should be able to have people hauled off to segregated housing when they have committed no crime, just because the people around them don’t like them.

If what they are doing is so bad, then pass a law against it. If the rampant drug use, and prostitution are so bad, then outlaw it. Don’t set there harping about how progressive the society is, then get bent out of shape when people do the things that you are so proud of allowing people to do.

Do not let them have unfettered access to drugs, then punish them for showing the uncontrollable physiological results of that drug use. If you don’t want them to act like that, then don’t let them use drugs.

If you are not going to pass laws against such behavior, then tell the residence to quit whining and keep their nose out of other people’s “perfectly legal” business.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

You don't need drugs to be a pain in the ass. An other thing is that drugs are not legal in the Netherlands.

Cannabis remains a controlled substance in the Netherlands and both possession and production for personal use are still misdemeanors, punishable by fines. Coffee shops are also technically illegal but are flourishing nonetheless. However, a policy of non-enforcement has led to a situation where reliance upon non-enforcement has become common, and because of this the courts have ruled against the government when individual cases were prosecuted. Drug policy of the Netherlands

Not liking someone will not get someone banned.
It's like ATS. You can't get someone banned just because you don't like em. They have to troll or hoax or use personal attacks or do whatever is against T&C.

Are all those T&C violating peeps on ATS drug users, you think?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Makes me uncomfortable to hear this. Reminds me of when the Nazi's created the Ghetto's for all Jewish people.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by D.Wolf

You don't need drugs to be a pain in the ass. An other thing is that drugs are not legal in the Netherlands.

Cannabis remains a controlled substance in the Netherlands and both possession and production for personal use are still misdemeanors, punishable by fines. Coffee shops are also technically illegal but are flourishing nonetheless. However, a policy of non-enforcement has led to a situation where reliance upon non-enforcement has become common, and because of this the courts have ruled against the government when individual cases were prosecuted. Drug policy of the Netherlands

Not liking someone will not get someone banned.
It's like ATS. You can't get someone banned just because you don't like em. They have to troll or hoax or use personal attacks or do whatever is against T&C.

Are all those T&C violating peeps on ATS drug users, you think?
Listen to your own argument. The T&C are a set of rules set out for everyone to see. When you break those rules you are committing the equivalent of a criminal act as far as this board is concerned. When you commit that criminal act, then there is a stated punishment.
That is how a law works.

The people that will be sent to these slime villages have not committed an act that violates any rule set on the book. The term “falls short of criminality” means that it does not break the word of the law.

So, by direct logical comparison. It would be the same as a mod on this forum punishing someone for doing something that does not violate any of the T&C on this forum.

Banning someone that did not violate the T&C on this board would be an arbitrary act based on a passing whim. That would be abusing their power as a mod. If someone did that, then you could go to the higher ups and get them to review the action. If it is shown that the mod acted inappropriately, then the mod can be warned, and the person unbanned.

The problem with the slime villages is there is no written word that they are violating. So it is purely based on an arbitrary decision. It is almost impossible to challenge a decision that is not based on any law on the books. It strictly comes down to what the person making the decision finds to be acceptable.

How a community should handle such situations.
Pass a law against it with strict procedures to follow for each offence.
You know that doing X will make you liable.
So, if you don’t want to be punished, then just don’t do X.

Your neighbors may not like you, and they can hound the phone to the police 24/7. But as long as you don’t do X then they can just swallow their anger and lump it. It the neighbors keep it up, then they can be prosecuted for harassment, and making fraudulent calls to the police.

That is the reason for strict laws. To protect the innocent, as well as punish the guilty.

When the judging system is highly subjective, then you don’t have any idea that what you are doing could set you up for a trip to the “slime village”.

If you do something relatively harmless, but your neighbors do not like your political leaning, then they could make a big curfluffle about it, and every other small thing you do. After enough complaints, then you are headed off to slime vill. The neighbor to the other side of them may do something far worse than you do, on a daily basses, but they will never complain about him, because they are friends with him.

When the people making the judgment are friends with the people that don’t like you, then that is when the system if ripe for abuse. You are basically begging for the system to be abused when you don’t have strict guidelines, and laws to follow.

Before you know it, putting up a cross in the window for Christmas will earn you a trip to slime vill.

It is not against the law to be an ass.
People do not have a right to not be offended.
It you can’t handle it, it reflects more on you, than it does them.

edit on 5-12-2012 by Mr Tranny because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
It bums me out because these peoples' children will never see a way out.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Listen to your own argument. The T&C are a set of rules set out for everyone to see. When you break those rules you are committing the equivalent of a criminal act as far as this board is concerned. When you commit that criminal act, then there is a stated punishment. That is how a law works.

I would violate my rental agreement, you know, the T&C I signed when I got to rent my home. I break that, I can be kicked out.

Now if I break contracts everywhere, I would end up not having any companies to rent from cause I have broken contract with all of them. Now what to do..

Live under a bridge or go live in scum village. It is a choice.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by xsheep.
If neighbours wants to play loud music,scream and shout at all hours of the day and night then they can go live in that specifically designed and designated area and make as much noise as they want with the rest of the noisy people.... !!! after all... it is their choice !!!

People fight for years to get a good place in Amsterdam.
This is an attempt to target certain populations that are found undesirable
regardless if they are good neighbors or not,
so to offer prime housing to wealthier people now that Amsterdam
property value is increasing.

Its also a political tactic to polarize dutch populations.

No one should be fooled by this measure.

link   

edit on 6-12-2012 by FoosM because: (no reason given)

link   

edit on 6-12-2012 by FoosM because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Scum Village in Amsrtdam = FEMA Camp in USA

I'd rather take the scum village

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Heya

I'll have to trow in the towel as we say when we are giving up on something , atleast on this specific subject.
Because this is too close too home for me and my personal feelings would overshadow the use of factual evidence.
But the last decade i really started to feel that the social structure of my country is a bomb waiting to explode , harming all in the process , good or bad.
And if they would ever Turn into Concentration camps i would be the first stepping up to Rescue them.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by D.Wolf
I would violate my rental agreement, you know, the T&C I signed when I got to rent my home. I break that, I can be kicked out.

Now if I break contracts everywhere, I would end up not having any companies to rent from cause I have broken contract with all of them. Now what to do..

Live under a bridge or go live in scum village. It is a choice.

The people in question, are not breaking their rental agreements (if applicable), otherwise they would have already been kicked out.

And another thing people keep forgetting. The scum village is only temporary. The next step if they are deemed to have failed rehabilitation, then they will be kicked out on the street after a set amount of time.

And the entire trip from home, to scum village, to homelessness will be based on a person’s subjective opinion.

If that doesn’t send a chill down your spine, then nothing will.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by YoungSoul

yeah i agree to a point pity they didn't get better parents, but what about the other peoples children who are victims of anti social behavior and have to live in fear on a daily basis due to intimidation and objects being thrown at the house where they live?

why are some people in this thread only bothered about those who act in such a way that it makes governments want to bring in a separate area for them to live to solve the problem rather than being bothered about the families and children on the receiving end of their behavior?

these (anti social) people take it upon themselves to infringe on other peoples freedom, but it is wrong for the government to infringe on theirs? but then it is OK for these (anti social) people to infringe on everyone else's?

from what a lot in this thread are saying it is fine to infringe on peoples freedoms as long as it is not the government doing it.

edit on 6-12-2012 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by lifeform11

People like to bitch and complain shouting that the government is trying to strip their rights, without actually looking at the story or analyze the situation. It's a little sad. Half the people in this thread don't even know what the situation is about, and if they were in it, they would be shouting for the government to step in and do something, all the while complaining the gov is trying to put them in a concentration camp.

Deny ignorance indeed.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join