It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amsterdam to create 'scum villages'

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
When someone is creating a problem with other people in a bar and disturbing the harmony of the place
the landlord simply throws that person out of the bar.

This person will be refused admittance if they keep coming back and behaving in the same way.
end of story

This is the same thing ...

people who repeatedly (bully) and disturb their neighbours need throwing out

and in this case ....at least the Dutch are giving them a place to be thrown out ...too

Much like the prostitutes that stand on the street corners ..the Dutch government give them their own place to stand with bins to throw their rubbish away (used condoms) and a sort of bus shelter so they do not have to stand out in the rain. this area is on the industrial estate where there is no residence.

Also alcoholics get their own corner of the public park to hang around and get drunk in as they like ....as long as they are not drunk in the children's play area.....

The Dutch see the problem and see that prohibiting certain behaviour does not solve the problem ...
they simply give them a place to be the way they want to be

people are people are people

a bully is a bully a prostitute is a prostitute and a drunk a drunk

you can love them as much as you like but you don't have to love or put up with what they do.

If neighbours wants to play loud music,scream and shout at all hours of the day and night then they can go live in that specifically designed and designated area and make as much noise as they want with the rest of the noisy people.... !!! after all... it is their choice !!!

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by xsheep

Hurrah..excellent post, you have actually hit the nail on the head there, let like minded people live together and that is possibly the key to harmony

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

Yes, but we can't all live "home on the range" like you and for the majority of us who have to live in urban areas we have to have some agreed boundaries and guidelines, you cannot treat a flat in a block with dozens of other people as your own little wilderness, you have to have consideration for those around you.

As you live in a completely different world to the majority, you cannot really have a balanced view of our situation, but I can assure you that the term antisocial used in this case is not about denying people the right to live how they want, but to protect the majority of people who only want to live a peaceful, crime-free life, it's not really much to ask.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

No need to explain yourself, my post was not
to be read in a negative way. Your 24 hour
workday is interrupted by daytime sleep, which
is just fine, really, but not doable for us ants.

If I had to work at night, in the city where I live,
daytime sleeping would be a real pain because
of city noise, cars, traffic, people, schools, kids,
etc.

The 'scum villages' we ( or I) would like to have is
not for people that use their own time the way they
want to, that's absolutely not an issue.

But if you have to interact with other people, even if
it's just by living near them, it would be considered
anti-social to start grinding away at an oldtimer at
3am.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by destination now

You seem rather easily offended, that was not my intention so im sorry if i managed to insult your sensibilities somehow. As to my grammar and spelling well it was 3am and i am Dyslexic but atleast my attempt was readable. Paragraphs break up the body of text and allow better interpretation thats all i was pointing out to you.

What do you think the domestic abuse figures would show if assaults on men by women were included more often? It may change the statistics rather more than you might think.

As to your opinion on what amounts to forced re housing of European citizens not being related or similar to the way the Nazis treated the Jews. Race, religion, creed or any other attributes are irelavent this is a Police action against the poor and vulnerable just as bad in my opinion. Same crap different decade. Distribute the wealth of our respective nations more evenly and half these problem families you so despise(Hate much!) would disappear. Remember people dont like to live in poverty by choice. Poverty also breeds stupidity, resentment and the social problems to which you refer. Just a thought.

Peace.
edit on 5-12-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

No, I said I found your assumption that because I am a woman that it may be a "bad time" as you put it, and that a "wee cup of tea" may solve my problems, offensive and patronising, and I think most woman would agree with me on that.

As for your comments re: domestic abuse, yes, I'm sure there are male abused in those figures, but as you, yourself have stated, as a fellow Scot, I'm sure that you'll be very well aware that the majority of those figures relate to women being abused by men, you know it, I know it and everyone knows it...to paraphrase your earlier post.

As for your offense take to my pointing out your grammatical mistakes, I apologise, as I obviously did not know you were dyslexic. However, you should be aware that if you pass comments about other people's writing style, then they are perfectly in order to pass comments on yours. And for the record the majority of my posts are parsed properly, there was just not a reasonable place to break that post down as it naturally flowed together. I have a good education, I don't need advice on my written communication skills.

As for the rest of your post defending people who behave in a totally unacceptable manner, I have to assume that you do not have people like that living on top, below and across from you, or maybe you do and you just don't mind stepping over beer cans and fast food, having people shouting, screaming, fighting etc at all hours of the night, walking out of your front door to be hit with the smell of urine, or having to replace your bathroom carpet because they flooded their bathroom for a laugh! If so, then that's fine for you, but I don't like having to live like that and neither do the rest of the neighbours in the block who have to put up with it as well. One of the elderly residents is now too scared to go out on her own and has to wait until her daughter can come and take her shopping...that's just despicable in my opinion.

So yet again, I totally disagree with your opinion that this idea is akin to Nazi Germany, in fact it is almost the other way around, the decent, law abiding people in this block are being forced to live in a ghetto simply because we cannot afford to go anywhere else and we have to live by the rule of the minority, because we do not have a choice and there is seemingly nothing anyone can do about it. Not a nice way to live (and that's why I was posting in the early hours this morning because sleep was impossible)

But I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one, because you clearly believe that these people have a right to do what ever they want no matter who is affected, and I don't.

Peace

edit on 5-12-2012 by destination now because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

"No, I said I found your assumption that because I am a woman that it may be a "bad time" as you put it, and that a "wee cup of tea" may solve my problems, offensive and patronising, and I think most woman would agree with me on that."

I was referring to Xmas not periods. Just so we are clear on that subject!

I was also trying to use a little levity to point out that you seemed rather on your moral high horse regarding your not coming down to other people's level. Sometimes that is all that is required IMHO of course to reach a better understanding of one anothers problems.

"As for your comments re: domestic abuse, yes, I'm sure there are male abused in those figures, but as you, yourself have stated, as a fellow Scot, I'm sure that you'll be very well aware that the majority of those figures relate to women being abused by men, you know it, I know it and everyone knows it...to paraphrase your earlier post."

Thats because Men dont report such trivial matters(In our eyes) to Police scum. Im in no way condoning domestic abuse from either party.

"As for your offense take to my pointing out your grammatical mistakes, I apologise, as I obviously did not know you were dyslexic. However, you should be aware that if you pass comments about other people's writing style, then they are perfectly in order to pass comments on yours."

Ive not taking offence hunny dont worry about that. I and many others just find it hard to read a large body of text without the inclusion of paragraphs. I also dont mind you passing any other comments regarding the subject matter. Thats what we are here for is it not?

"As for the rest of your post defending people who behave in a totally unacceptable manner, I have to assume that you do not have people like that living on top, below and across from you, or maybe you do and you just don't mind stepping over beer cans and fast food, having people shouting, screaming, fighting etc at all hours of the night, walking out of your front door to be hit with the smell of urine, or having to replace your bathroom carpet because they flooded their bathroom for a laugh! If so, then that's fine for you, but I don't like having to live like that and neither do the rest of the neighbours in the block who have to put up with it as well. One of the elderly residents is now too scared to go out on her own and has to wait until her daughter can come and take her shopping...that's just despicable in my opinion."

Im not defending them i just think we should address these social issues in a different and more pertinent fashion. Not just house the scum all in one little box. I will say this, the women you refer to who have suffered domestic abuse would be rehoused in the very same scum villages that you seem to agree should be created. Where do you think they put all the scatter flats? I will give you a hint, problem areas!

"So yet again, I totally disagree with your opinion that this idea is akin to Nazi Germany, in fact it is almost the other way around, the decent, law abiding people in this block are being forced to live in a ghetto simply because we cannot afford to go anywhere else and we have to live by the rule of the minority, because we do not have a choice and there is seemingly nothing anyone can do about it. Not a nice way to live (and that's why I was posting in the early hours this morning because sleep was impossible)"

Im sorry to hear your neighbors are disturbing your sleep. All i can suggest is chap the door and burst them in the mouth if they refuse to be quiet. I dont think you will agree with my solution somehow but it works trust me.

"But I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one, because you clearly believe that these people have a right to do what ever they want no matter who is affected, and I don't. "

I clearly believe everyone has the right to do as they wish within reason. I will add i live in Glasgow so i also share your pain regarding problem familys and social scum in general. I just deal with it in in a different fashion.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   

I was referring to Xmas not periods. Just so we are clear on that subject!

I actually enjoy Christmas a lot, so not a bad time for me, why would you assume it was? Maybe you don't like Christmas, I don't know, but it's a pretty weird assumption to make, and I do think you're backtracking now, because that was not what your original post implied.

Thats because Men dont report such trivial matters(In our eyes) to Police scum. Im in no way condoning domestic abuse from either party.

Domestic Abuse = Trivial matters...There's really not a lot I can say to that, and I'm sure there will be many women and men who will read your post and be utterly gobsmacked at your attitude

Im sorry to hear your neighbors are disturbing your sleep. All i can suggest is chap the door and burst them in the mouth if they refuse to be quiet. I dont think you will agree with my solution somehow but it works trust me.

Burst them in the mouth...are you totally mad? I would end up in A) Accident and Emergency and B) police custody and then have a criminal record...that's really not a solution and maybe you can deal with it that way, you could be a 6 foot bloke with a black belt in martial arts for all I know. Me, I'm 5'6" not exactly built for fighting and have had serious health issues, there is no way I could physically deal with the situation like that and nor would I want to, all that does is perpetuate the situation and I have a daughter to consider as well, what if she got hurt?

I clearly believe everyone has the right to do as they wish within reason

So do I, but what they do is not within reason!

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

I was addressing the issue that Christmas is a stressful time of year for everyone especially the poor. If you have kids you will know what i mean. I cant help the way your mind seems to interprete my posts.

Murder, rape, genocide are what i consider serious matters. Domestic Abuse is trivial when compared to these crimes. People should know better than to air there dirty laundry in public. Our court systems are stretched to breaking point and all we seem to here these days is Domestic Abuse and Family rights. fix the real issues first IMHO. But dont try and convince me its a good idea to socially engineer where poor people live, i think sociaty does that enough!

If you wish to continue to take crap from you neighbours then do so. Most people do things because they can get away with it. If you take crap you get crap. I was not suggesting you get caught busting the loud mouthed muppets in the jaw. If they are scum as you say they wont involve the law. So just make sure you win, seems we are back to the bigger stick issue. If they are just daft young and loud maybe speaking to them to resolve the issue is best. Or you could try the Police. LOL LOL LOL LOL

Good luck with your neighbours i mean that! Remember you catch more flies with honey rather than vinegar. And on that note i need to go get my kid from school.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Murder, rape, genocide are what i consider serious matters. Domestic Abuse is trivial when compared to these crimes. People should know better than to air there dirty laundry in public. Our court systems are stretched to breaking point and all we seem to here these days is Domestic Abuse and Family rights

So you, and the person that starred your post think it's okay for a man or a woman to slap their partner about, kick them in the face, spit on them etc but when all that violence does lead to rape or even murder that's the only time anything should be done about it..when it's too late and something could have been done sooner.

I am withdrawing from this debate as I actually feel quite sickened that a man can post on this board that domestic abuse should not be reported as it's trivial and other posters actually agree...very, very disturbing!

ATS what have you come to? Logging off, probably won't be back for a while

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

"So you, and the person that starred your post think it's okay for a man or a woman to slap their partner about, kick them in the face, spit on them etc but when all that violence does lead to rape or even murder that's the only time anything should be done about it..when it's too late and something could have been done sooner."

Can you read, obiously, so you can see where i clearly state i do not condone domestic abuse by ether party! Family live should be private in my opinion. Thats my point! Also the last thing i care about is my stars and flags.

"I am withdrawing from this debate as I actually feel quite sickened that a man can post on this board that domestic abuse should not be reported as it's trivial and other posters actually agree...very, very disturbing!"

Here we go im a male chauvinist pig, woman hater. Bla, bla, bla! is that your point because nothing could be further from the truth. I love woman and they seem to love me back. I also have a mutual respect for all people in society not just the ones i consider to be on my level .

"ATS what have you come to? Logging off, probably won't be back for a while"

Whats wrong did you not get the Man hating support that you thought would ensure? I think you might be not like people never mind Men to much.

Good luck and take care!

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

ATTENTION!!!!!!!!

The Off Topic Bickering ends NOW!!!!!!!

You are responsible for your own posts.

We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

edit on Wed Dec 5 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

We aren't allowed to deport anymore...oh the scandal!!! Only France can do that and get away with it

Still, nice to see the Dutch Government doing something which is more than the UK one does. You've no idea what it can be like unless you've lived with these people and been targetted. I had to move because of 3 families of chavs where I lived. I got away without being their target for a long time then they ran out of people to pick on. I couldn't have moved though had it not been for family help as the local council were totally uninterested. Their policy was to move the rotten apples into nicer areas in the hope that better people would rub off on the scum and they'd change. Big mistake! They just ruined it for everyone else and life was a constant nightmare or drunken arguments drug deals fighting and gangs of teens wandering the street. Now I hear its a no go area with all the nice people having had to move.

Not good

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Please excuse my spelling and grammar in my last post. Thats what happens when i try and post using my phone. LoL

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

That is the attitude we had in England during the 50s and 60s and even 70s, which is why so many women never reported such abuse, which is why so many women ended up killed or disabled for life, due to the old "don't air your dirty laundry in public" attitude. Whilst I agree that some people in society seem to revel in the drama and roller coaster of emotion and enjoy the attention, domestic abuse is now recognised as a serious crime. For too long men thought they could get away with treating their women like dirt and the police refused to get involved, but luckily times change but it seems old habits/opinions die hard.

There are some people you cannot reason with, there are some people you cannot get through to. Thanks to the ridiculous liberalism of the past, these people now think they hold all the cards and are in the right and soooo badly done to we should feel sorry for them and reward them for being so downtrodden. They refuse and always will to accept responsibility for their own position in life and as such why should others be forced to suffer ?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Im not saying there is no need for social work and that domestic violence or abuse should go unnoticed or unpunished. Just that people should know better and not commit such acts in the first place. Women treat people like dirt just as much as men do.

Yes you are correct in the assumption some people you just can't reason with. My thoughts are that one should atleast try reasoning with other individuals and address there mental, social and finacial issues before condemning them to some oblivion village on the outskirts of nowhere. You cant just move a percentage of the populace to another area just because you feel they are not quite up to our social standards. And moving the problem from one location to another does not make it go away. They also employed these tactics in the 60s and 70s regarding high rise flats and look how that turned out.

This amounts to our goverments trying to engineer where you can live depending on your social and financial situation. In my opinion this is a breach of our human rights.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Oh those wonderful high rises! Communities in the sky they were called lol innovative social architecture but again the people that were put in those areas were in the main the lower dregs of society unfortunately. Times have changed drastically, and rather than keeping their business indoors some people seem to act as if they are in some reality tv show! Their lives are dull and mundane a bit of drama is what they live for..drama gossip and violence. The estate where I lived here in Yorkshire was tiny compared to some. Most houses were privately owned and people kept them nice and clean, then the council decided to mix the scum with the rest as a social experiment. It was hell. Night after night of screaming yelling and fighting, drug deals in certain houses going on at all hours, cars coming and going, fights between rival drug gangs. All the local shops shut down sick to death of being burgled, the local church was vandalised and ransacked, schools were targetted it really was awful and if you stand out and aren't like them you are automatically a target.

If these people who are so brainwashed by liberal attitudes and tv can't mix with normal folk then ship 'em off!! I'm sure that the Dutch proposal is a last resort and other things will have already been tried first. Hopefully this will work as a deterrent rather than punishment
edit on 5-12-2012 by phyllida because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by phyllida

Well we can allways hope! I think however the reality will be a lot of seriously warped and jaded individuals located in the one area which will ultimately become a haven for crime and junkie scum. Said area will also be a complete no go for Police and the general public. Next thing you know they will tattoo there national insurance number(If the Dutch have them) and credit score on their wrists and require them to display a yellow star on there person at all times.

And so it begins!

Repeat and rewind!

How very Human of us!

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
reply to post by phyllida

Well we can allways hope! I think however the reality will be a lot of seriously warped and jaded individuals located in the one area which will ultimately become a haven for crime and junkie scum. Said area will also be a complete no go for Police and the general public. Next thing you know they will tattoo there national insurance number and credit score on their wrists and require them to display a yellow star on there person at all times. And so it begins!

Get your point mate but what would you suggest? Some of these people really are beyond all help and are completely incapable of living around other people who can live their lifes with respect for others.

Personally, I have run out of patience and I understand that some of these types just won't take a telling, finding out the hard way might just make them realize the error of their ways.

edit on 5-12-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

My point is these social issues have to be solved in another fashion other than condemning people into social oblivion. I dont claim to know how to accomplish such an act but i do know social engineering of the poor and downtrodden has not worked out to well in the past. Just saying.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join