Amsterdam to create 'scum villages'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

I have been to Amsterdan many times. I like the city and the people, you can keep the food though.

My argument is simple. Lock someone up who commits a crime, not someone that behaves In a way that is considered antisocial. Where is the line drawn? Who determines what constitutes antisocial behavior and who gets sent to reprogramming camps?

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I am totally against big government, but if they wont allow for vigilantism, it's time they step in, and put all the garbage together where it belongs.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
In reality, since people don't see with eyes that are decent to begin with, some of what they call garbage are the worlds biggest saints, and the ever so proper ones are not going anywhere, for they haven't grown love at all.

When you're born with health, intelligence, stamina, and talents or ability to get ahead or prosper, those are gifts, not things that make you more than equal, they're gifts, allotted you, to see what you will do with them, and whether you will help others. Its a priviledge. One day the test is over.
edit on 3-12-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthalien50

I have been to Amsterdan many times. I like the city and the people, you can keep the food though.

My argument is simple. Lock someone up who commits a crime, not someone that behaves In a way that is considered antisocial. Where is the line drawn? Who determines what constitutes antisocial behavior and who gets sent to reprogramming camps?

They are not being locked up though. They are in public housing. The government could simply kick them out of public housing for breaking rules, but it's offering a secondary option.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

It is antisocial behavior to lock someone up that did not commit a crime. Does that sound like a democratic country to you?

If every country locked people up for this behavior, I would venture to say that half of the folks at ATS would be visited by the authorities, including me. Does this sound like a familiar scenario?

So you are on free handouts from the government making life difficult for your neighbours? Shame on you. Please don't put me in that category, thank you.

And stop relating your countries rules to another, as other countries have a completely different outlook.

It's not nice to put words in my mouth. Obviously you have a very limited definition of antisocial behavior that relates to welfare and being a difficult neighbor.

It is funny that you would suggest that my personal life has anything to do with my discussion. I will not take it personally. I guess a weak argument requires a personal attack though.

I would venture to say that half of the folks at ATS

You said that half of ATS members are __________ like in the OP. Did you fail to read the OP article? You would have realized this only relates to people in social housing? So again, either you are in social housing making it difficult for your neighbours or not. One or the other. I didn't make a personal attack, you tried to relate this to something personal.

Next time read the OP article.

Social housing problem families or tenants who do not show an improvement or refuse to go to the special units face eviction and homelessness.
edit on 3-12-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Well, the Dutch have already done the same thing in.....now where is it...oh yes..South Africa....they are called "Shanty Towns".

I remember watching a "Future" French sifi movie not long ago, where the authorities walled in part of a city and just let the crims go wild......sort of "Escape from New York" ish.....

link   
Seems like a trend that Europe is taking a more stanch stance on social issues. For better or worse it seems like it's becoming more controversial in any case.
edit on 12/3/2012 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
In reality, since people don't see with eyes that are decent to begin with, some of what they call garbage are the worlds biggest saints, and the ever so proper ones are not going anywhere, for they haven't grown love at all.

When you're born with health, intelligence, stamina, and talents or ability to get ahead or prosper, those are gifts, not things that make you more than equal, they're gifts, allotted you, to see what you will do with them, and whether you will help others. Its a priviledge. One day the test is over.
edit on 3-12-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

What does this have to do with people in social housing that are making life difficult for their neighbours? Where I am from the social housing misfits threaten the locals who are trying to stay away from gangs, drugs, violence. If those people are ejected or put under scrutiny is that a bad thing?

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Why do I get the idea that this sounds like Cabrini Green in Chicago? This could be a mistake.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

You said that half of ATS members are __________ like in the OP. Did you fail to read the OP article? You would have realized this only relates to people in social housing? So again, either you are in social housing making it difficult for your neighbours or not. One or the other. I didn't make a personal attack, you tried to relate this to something personal.

Next time read the OP article.

I did read the OP Article, but you obviously did not read my posts.

If you believe that people should be kicked out of their homes for being antisocial, then We disagree. Most people that I have known display antisocial behavior sometimes, including nuns.. Anyone who claims different are not telling the truth as far as I am concerned. I guess this means that everyone is going to scum town then right?

I am not attacking anyone at ATS with my antisocial claim. I think you are aware of that, but it makes for good fodder, right?

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Here in the U.S, the government doesn't use the term "scum" they use "terrorist" & can now hold you for as long as they like. I think Holland citizens are lucky to be "scum" than "terrorists". (Even though terrorist sounds better than scum)
My question is this: does "scum" have to pay taxes?
Terrorists don't pay taxes but give up their freedom indefinitely.

"I'll take "Scum" for $200 Alex" ....

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
As someone who has anti-social neighbors with behavioral problems, I think it's a great idea, there's only so much you can do with these people and at least if they're all in the same place the cops can control them better.
edit on 3-12-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

I've experienced this to and have to agree. something has to be done about these families to make them take responsibility for their families actions. we've had kids just hanging around and causing criminal damage to the property, kids running around throwing stones at the windows, and we see it all the time happening to other houses to. one night i was out smoking a fag it was around midnight, i heard stones being thrown at a house across from us and heard people running and hiding behind our fence. so i peered over and it was two kids around 9 - 10 years old.

it might not seem like much but when you have to put up with it on a daily basis and there is nothing the parents do about it, it can be a nightmare. why should other people who just want to live and get on with their lives be effected because other people can not control the kids they decided as a adult to bring into this world.

the ironic thing is some of the kids involved in it were moved from a previous area because of anti social behavior.

so something needs to be done, i am just not sure if they are going to far, but i do know the way the u.k. handles it doesn't work. it just moves them to other areas to continue effecting other people.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by earthalien50

If you believe that people should be kicked out of their homes for being antisocial, then We disagree. Most people that I have known display antisocial behavior sometimes, including nuns.. Anyone who claims different are not telling the truth as far as I am concerned. I guess this means that everyone is going to scum town then right?

Should there be no punishment/consequences for people who are making living conditions unbearable to the people around them when they are in public housing?

edit on 3-12-2012 by boncho because: grammar-d-har-har

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeform11

I'm surprised the Dutch gov. Hasn't followed the U.S by just rounding up the delinquents, incarcerate them, release them on probation, & keep recycling them in the jail system until adults. Then if they continue their behavior, it's off to prison. Each state makes $ everyday off every inmate. Big $!!!

Not sure about Hollands territories (states,providence,region,etc...)
If that same system would work. I'm sure something similar could be put into affect.
They could promote it as getting "scum" off the streets for behavioral rehabilitation & "social" citizens would be all for it.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by thepupils

personally i think something that makes the parents care would be better than jailing or moving them around. having lived with it and knowing my area well, it is not hard to see which kids are doing it and which ones are not.

I can guarantee 90% of the problem is the parents are on drugs/alcohol or simply couldn't care less where their kids are and what they are doing as long as they get out of their way because they cannot cope with raising children.

you can see those who care about their kids and those who don't. but however it is handled it is only fair other people should not have to have their freedom to live peacefully effected because of out of control families.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
We have something like that here in the states except we call them ghettos.Ad I've met many who should be there... or jail.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Should their be no punishment/consequences for people who are making living conditions unbearable to the people around them when they are in public housing?

These people should be evicted/punished for their crimes. The Netherlands should make laws and enforce them. Without a defined law, the government can evict whomever they want. Look at a cop funny, and you are labeled antisocial with a ticket to scum town.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I thought the Parks of Amsterdam were "scum villages" at night?

Is this because their "free society" DOES come with a price?

Just asking....

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Well,if a large portion of those likely to be designated to "scum villages" on account of their behavior are immigrants-JUST DEPORT THEM,for heaven's sake.Instead of creating neighbourhoods crammed with folks who indulge in constant unacceptable+disruptive behaviour to such an extent that society wants them removed-and dump All the "bad apples" together-deport the ones who are not Dutch citizens.Like in England,which is practically a Muslim country by now-I understand that many British dont feel they're living in England anymore,its changed that much,and militant Islamists,among the large Muslim population are to blame for much of that-British people in and around bigger centers are being victimised in their own country-there's been threads on this site about the problems they're having,well,DEPORT THOSE WHO WONT ABIDE BY THE RULES AND CUSTOMS AND ESTABLISHED WAY OF LIFE, OF THE COUNTRY THEY WISH TO LIVE IN.SO SIMPLE.. good grief,why pussyfoot around? You come into a country to live,you respect their way of life-or go back to whence you came.There's more than enough decent folks who'd love to be in these emigrants shoes,to try+ensure a better life for their children-and would be an asset to the country they're allowed to emigrate to.Make it as simple as that-BEHAVE IN A SOCIALLY ACCEPTABLE WAY-OR GTFO.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by earthalien50

These people should be evicted/punished for their crimes. The Netherlands should make laws and enforce them. Without a defined law, the government can evict whomever they want. Look at a cop funny, and you are labeled antisocial with a ticket to scum town.

It says there will be a service set up to report problems in the social housing neighbourhoods. So first you object to this but now you are advocating criminalizing these people? Either it's one or the other. You want them to go to jail or live in the "scum villages" ??

The Netherlands is making an option so they jail doesn't become the first one. As far as crime goes, laws can be made for damn near anything. And I suspect, the people that end up the "Scum towns" are probably already guilty of threats, harassment, violence, property destruction, etc.

This is giving them an option so they aren't automatically evicted and left homeless, or not winding up in jail.
edit on 3-12-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join