learn more

Bloody new photo of Trayvon Martin's killer

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Laws in the USA say that 17 year olds are minor children.

edit on 3-12-2012 by Trustfund because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Trustfund

What does that matter. We aren't talking about what makes you legally an adult. Why would that ever matter. He was technically an adult. That's a grey area anyway as the have tried younger than 17 as an adult before.

He was a man. He was 6 foot 160 lbs, and not mentally handicapped, he was an adult.

What is the relevance of this? What is your point? He couldn't be dangerous unless he was an adult? Is that what you are trying to say? There is actually no point in discussing this except for derailing the thread.

Also, often people under 21 are still considered minors, it doesn't mean they are not adults. It's just legal mumbo jumbo. Some places minors are under 17 and when it is dealing with criminal cases like this one it doesn't even matter he would have been charged as an adult.

edit on 3-12-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Legally you are not an adult until you turn 18.

You keep stating otherwise, which is just incorrect.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by eNumbra

17 is an adult. Laws in the United States don't dictate what makes an adult. Other countries have younger and older ages for all the things listed. What is your point?

The point is that by all normal legal precedents 17 is not an adult.

Yes, they have tried 17 before as adults, they've also tried younger as adults, that doesn't make them adults. They've considered raising the drinking age because at 21 the brain is still developing. 17 is not an adult, he's not a child, but for fu* sake, he's not an adult.

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
He was a man. He was 6 foot 160 lbs, and not mentally handicapped, he was an adult.

So because he was tall and 17 he was an adult? What if he was a midget? Would that make him a child?
edit on 12/3/2012 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

If the fool was old enough to strike the adult he was old enough to know the risk and consequences. I am so tired of people not taking personal responsibility and always finding a excuse. POint is The boy is dead and according to evidence it was self defense. ANd has everyone forgot the break in kit he was holding onto for someone?

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by yuppa
reply to post by eNumbra

If the fool was old enough to strike the adult he was old enough to know the risk and consequences. I am so tired of people not taking personal responsibility and always finding a excuse. POint is The boy is dead and according to evidence it was self defense. ANd has everyone forgot the break in kit he was holding onto for someone?

Not saying he didn't bring it on himself, but stop calling him an adult.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra

reply to post by eNumbra

I didnt call him a adult. I said TRAVON was a FOOL for striking a ADULT. And yes be brought his own demise on himself.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trustfund

I'm not brainwashed by any media, I don't even watch the MSM.

Trayvon was 17 years old, he was a kid and still in high school. I could careless what he looked like, age is all that matters.

15-17 year olds can be criminals too?

Not trying to race bait here btw, this was the first YT video that popped up when I searched for young killers. I think judgement on the Zimmerman case should wait to be passed until after all the facts are heard in the court of law.
edit on 3-12-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
For all the people that are going to descend on this thread and say Zimmerman acted as the aggressor, following someone is not illegal,

How do you know he was merely following Trayvon? This is what Zimmerman claims.

Neither of those things warrants physical assault,

Threats warrant physical assault in my books. What's more, there's no evidence to point to whether Trayvon actually started the physical assault, only Zimmerman's claim that Trayvon did.

Zimmerman made some poor choices,

Yes he did, he decided to play police officer that night and he ended up with his face all over national television. He should have stayed put in his truck, but he chose to pursue this matter with an armed gun at the ready. He knew exactly what he was getting himself into and he has himself to blame.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Um and? Trayvon was walking down the street. He wasn't being a criminal. I don't get your point.

Way to take my age comment out of context, which had to do with regardless of his physical stature, he was still a kid...in high school.
edit on 4-12-2012 by Trustfund because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
To all you saying you would attack someone for following you, i hope you have some psycho mistake you for doing the same some day. Four years ago i was driving with my family pulling out of a wall mart parking lot into an intersection. There was a car full of undesirables in the lane next to ours while we waited for the light to turn. While reaching to grab my iced tea i hit the horn by mistake. They began yelling at me for "beepin" at them, and when i tried to explain that i wouldn't beep at a car next to me, they pulled a gun and said "cracka you anna be in deep s...t" i sped off to protect my family. They followed us but gave up pursuit. Cops useless as always but that's another story. The point I'm trying to make is, there's a lot of paranoid people out there. Lot of them might think they are being followed when they are not... Or might think you're "beepin" at them....
edit on 4-12-2012 by WP4YT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

reply to post by boncho

Um and? Trayvon was walking down the street. He wasn't being a criminal. I don't get your point.
when you attack someone, that makes you a criminal. Thinking that someone is following you, whether they are or aren't, does not give you the legal right to attack them. The law does not agree with you. If you think otherwise, please make a video of you attacking someone and telling the police you thought they were following you. Come on, ill give you $100 for a dare...

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by WP4YT

You have no clue who attacked who first.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra

reply to post by eNumbra

when you want to act like an adult and make adult decisions, and are prepared to take the consequences as an adult, then you are an adult. At least that's what my folks always told me as a kid.

Age is just a made up number. And people mature at different ages. You don't just suddenly hit 12am on your 18th birthday and have a huge growth spurt and puberty. If you want to get technical, trayvons race (african) mature much more earlier than other races due to increased testosterone. It's not uncommon for 9 year old females in African tribes to be pregnant.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by WP4YT

Well the law doesn't agree with you. A person is still a minor until the age of 18.

If you want to get technical, trayvons race (african) mature much more earlier than other races due to increased testosterone.

This is a ridiculous statement and racist....

Wrong. Total myth...this has been tested numerous times. Black men do not have more testosterone.

Someones race doesn't determine their legal adulthood in America. Most black Americans have 50% European DNA anyway.

It's not uncommon for 9 year old females in African tribes to be pregnant.

O rly? What tribe was Trayvon from?

edit on 4-12-2012 by Trustfund because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

reply to post by WP4YT

You have no clue who attacked who first.
no but as someone who has been around the block and actually out in the world i can take a good guess.

uncommon sense is all that is required

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I have gotten worse bloody noses then that from lack of humidity. Never made me kill anybody.

I guess that means everyone who has ever been in a bar brawl is now allowed to shoot the person who punched them, to claim it was self defense.
edit on 4-12-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by WP4YT

Going by your username and previous comments, you are judging it from his race so....

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

reply to post by WP4YT

Well the law doesn't agree with you. A person is still a minor until the age of 18.

Depends on context and jurisdiction. In my state minors can be legally emancipated at 17 at their own request. In this context the law it considers an adult to be 17. Now in the context of voting, then 18 is adult age. Drinking, 21 is adult age. Taxes? 24. Criminal charges? 14.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

reply to post by WP4YT

Going by your username and previous comments, you are judging it from his race so....
not at all. I'm white, zimmerman is mexican, and trayven is African. What side could i pick that would be motivated by race?

I only care about this news item from a common sense perspective

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join