It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am currently in the Yucatan Peninsula studying the Myan culture & 2012

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I was a thinking it was something else by the OP and title.
There is plenty to accommodate your fantasy as is. I am offering another perspective that is of equal value if not more. It just takes a little less.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

Funny story about the Vatican:

I was on a small tour with my Dad, Mom and sister. Our tour guide was an American, and working on his masters degree in art.

About 30-40 minutes into the tour we exit outside in a really big courtyard. The tour guide points at a nearby fountain and says, "Well, if any of you have water bottles you might want to fill up. That's the last water you'll see on the tour for the next 2 hours."

So my Dad walks over and fills up his bottle. Whatever right?

Then the tour guide laughs and says, "You realize that anything inside the Vatican is blessed by the Pope -- that's technically holy water your drinking."

Apparently most people laugh and don't fill their bottles -- *facepalm* My old man, drinking holy water at the Vatican.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

That would be more South America than Latin America. . .I think?

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

So TPTB got to the Mayans, if they are even real Mayans! They're probably CIA operatives throwing gullible tourists off the track of the truth! The truth that on either December 4th, 5th, 11th or 21st, somthing devastating will happen that has the potential of destroying the Earth, Humanity, parts of either or both.

Those dang PTB, they are tricky. Probably promised to give them room in the bunkers located throughout the US.

What a second, perhaps your the CIA operative, sent here from the future to throw us off the trail when Nibiru appears out of the CHEMTRAILs.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle

unless you're native, they wouldn't tell you anything if they did know. with any AmerIndians you will have traditional's and non traditional's living in the same area's. in some cases most native people, that strike up any conversation with non native people, will always prefer to keep it small talk. it's not a matter of racism, it's a matter of trust and most don't trust non natives.

although i appreciate your story and hope you're having a good time, you won't be learning anything "real" from the native people there.i'm not saying you nor they are lying, just that you are not in a position to "know" anything from what they tell you.
edit on 3-12-2012 by LittleBlackEagle because: (no reason given)

This is the most truthful post I have read today.

Nothing besides tequila and over-priced souvenirs will be offered on a silver platter.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZetaRediculian

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

you need to talk to a "Keeper of Days"
not just anyone claiming to be mayan

looks like you haven't done your studying yet

and alcohol and studying dont mix
even if you're only studying the señoritas
...and you have been to Mexico talking with the locals about all of this?

There are many Mayans here that will blow smoke on you and anywhere else you will let them.
edit on 3-12-2012 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

I talked to a tour guide who explained some things and to a local teacher and to a priest and to some locals. The general theme is of "silly Americans".

maybe they're just keeping any info on impending catastrophes to them selves hoping that it catches those

"silly Americans"

unawares, and wipes most of them off the face of the earth
have you considered that possibility

also you're jumping to conclusions regarding my stance on 2012 [so far just pointing out and denying ignorance by the "prophets" of "nothing will happen"] not very scientific of you? is that?
oh well i see even wabbit who's not into this, has pointed out the flaws in your methodology.

enjoy your tequila ,but dont get so drunk you wake up without your wallet

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
maybe they're just keeping any info on impending catastrophes to them selves hoping that it catches those

"silly Americans"

unawares, and wipes most of them off the face of the earth
have you considered that possibility

not the impression I got and not even a consideration.

also you're jumping to conclusions regarding my stance on 2012 [so far just pointing out and denying ignorance by the "prophets" of "nothing will happen"]

appaently you jumped to a conlusion...what conclusion did i jump to?

not very scientific of you? is that?
oh well i see even wabbit who's not into this, has pointed out the flaws in your methodology.

I haved lived amongst the Native peoples of México, learned their ways and gained their trust. some have shared their points of view with me which I have, in turn, revealed to you. I am satisfied with the knowledge I have gained on this subject and the methodologies I have employed were flawless.

enjoy your tequila ,but dont get so drunk you wake up without your wallet
I predict my wallet will be just fine the rest of this month and your fantasy about 2012 will be gone

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
In our society there also are geniuses, who develope complex mathematical systems and most people who ask "would you like more tequila?"

We don´t know much about ancient Mayas, especially about the geniuses who developed several complex calendars. We can only try to interpret these things from our own limited cultural point of views, but we still have to wait and see, what the end of 13th baktun really means. End of the world claims are most likely basless nonsense and most people don´t believe it anyway, but I still think, that ancient Mayas didn´t chose the end of cycle date randomly. It has to mean something, some cosmic process. The real meaning has been lost in time, but we are lucky to live at this time and see it with our own eyes

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Amandla

I think your way of putting it there is among the best and most eloquent I've seen. You really do capture the whole thing for the vast majority, right there.

I appreciate the OP, actually, in that it does tell me the Maya down in the area they should be concerned by rich cultural history to go from, are not apparently concerned about the end being near. Likewise, whatever the debates make for good fun and exploring ideas..Heck, I wouldn't be going bonkers to pass finals next week and spending all my hours finishing term projects if I thought it was really all ending this month. Plan for the worst, hope for the best, right?

Like you say though, there ought to be something. Some meaning to it. It's an awful lot to have literally just been where they ran out of space and had to call an end on a date somewhere.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join