It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inventor creates new type of Armour

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
so your saying to use a scout vehicle in the rear lines where it cant scout?
i dont like the humvee , its a piece of sh**. 1 mile to the gallon.
you can use that all you want and its quite gd the pads would be good for that.
yeah i know an APC doesnt have a big gun.

No l`m saying that big piece of crap is only good for Arney and puff diddy to bling around in.As for a scout vehicle l would suspect that the persons who designed it are either not very well endowed or are working for the enemy.
I`ve founf a web site thathas further photos of these pads but it isn`t recognised in the tool on hear for web,but it shows he has made these pads magnetic and shows them on the side of the vehicles.The weight of these pads has also been calculated that if put on a Humvee to protect its occupents it would weight an extra 300kg thats ridiculous.
The photo shows one pad on a side window
cos you cannot look out and one on the door in the centre

It also states this guy has had sixty taken by the American Military to Iraq for testing.Thats a pile of crap as they would take an untested item to a war zone before rigerous testing then again there is the Humvee not realy a good example

[edit on 7-11-2004 by weirdo]

IBM

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I was wondering, what did he say he used for the armor? Sheets of steel, kevlar and the fireproof material he had. I know this stuff is good, but ng I need to know if the military has anything that rivals this, or the military just has bulletproof, not armor. DOes the military really need this. I would like them to have it, but i need to know what they have right now if they do have anything.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by weirdo

No l`m saying that big piece of crap is only good for Arney and puff diddy to bling around in.As for a scout vehicle l would suspect that the persons who designed it are either not very well endowed or are working for the enemy.

fine believe what you want , its to early in the morning for this p*SS

I`ve founf a web site thathas further photos of these pads but it isn`t recognised in the tool on hear for web,but it shows he has made these pads magnetic and shows them on the side of the vehicles.The weight of these pads has also been calculated that if put on a Humvee to protect its occupents it would weight an extra 300kg thats ridiculous.

oh really? so how much does each pad weigh then ?

The photo shows one pad on a side window
cos you cannot look out and one on the door in the centre

i dont knwo why he placed it there but i know these pads are good.

It also states this guy has had sixty taken by the American Military to Iraq for testing.Thats a pile of crap as they would take an untested item to a war zone before rigerous testing then again there is the Humvee not realy a good example

its the perfect place to take them to test them. lots of weapons being used.

[edit on 7-11-2004 by weirdo]

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   

[
fine believe what you want , its to early in the morning for this p*SS

Your on the web so can`t be that early

oh really? so how much does each pad weigh then ?

Each pad weights 7kg.It would take 34 pads to cover a military jeep (His technical description) at a cost of $12,000.Each pad costs $350 ea

i dont knwo why he placed it there but i know these pads are good.

Your vunerable through the window but he has no plans to armour the glass.

its the perfect place to take them to test them. lots of weapons being used.

So you would be up for a ride through the streets of Bagdad in a jeep to see if these are any good
how stupid would that be bad enough in vehicles you trust never mind something that would look like a cushion on wheels.Maybe it have the same effect on the enemy as the bear suit to bears.

Mr Troy is in the 2002 Gunniess book of records for the most expensive research suit ever constructed.It has taken 15 years and cost over $100,000 and then the industry laughed and the suit was shelved until he built these pads and is now trying to incorporate them into his bear suit for use by either ice hockey payers or the military.The idea for this suit has come from you guessed it ROBOCOP films

Guess Shadow dosn`t want to carry on the arguement for this guys credabillity.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by IBM
I was wondering, what did he say he used for the armor? Sheets of steel, kevlar and the fireproof material he had. I know this stuff is good, but ng I need to know if the military has anything that rivals this, or the military just has bulletproof, not armor. DOes the military really need this. I would like them to have it, but i need to know what they have right now if they do have anything.

Also ceramics,metal alloys and the force absorbing material from the bear suit.The rest of your question should be easilly answered by yourself

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Your on the web so can`t be that early

oh it is or was.

Each pad weights 7kg.It would take 34 pads to cover a military jeep (His technical description) at a cost of $12,000.Each pad costs $350 ea

hmm �188 is a BIT steep.
7kg a peice thats almost twice the wieght of an SA-80 and more than twice the weight of an M16, thats pretty heavy. well since when do ANY of us use the proper terminology?
hmm well its about 6 and a half thousand quid so i'd say it was a good price considering NV gogles cost 3 grand here.

Your vunerable through the window but he has no plans to armour the glass.

he made an armour bit for the body not for the windows this guy aint a glass maker.

So you would be up for a ride through the streets of Bagdad in a jeep to see if these are any good
how stupid would that be bad enough in vehicles you trust never mind something that would look like a cushion on wheels.Maybe it have the same effect on the enemy as the bear suit to bears.

well considering most landrovers the british army use are not armoured i dont see how this would increase the danger.

Mr Troy is in the 2002 Gunniess book of records for the most expensive research suit ever constructed.It has taken 15 years and cost over $100,000 and then the industry laughed and the suit was shelved until he built these pads and is now trying to incorporate them into his bear suit for use by either ice hockey payers or the military.The idea for this suit has come from you guessed it ROBOCOP films

so?
he made a few falls big deal. hell you cant say you've never screwed up and nethier can i.
the "industry" are the same people who sit in leather chairs and in a fancy office watching our troops die because of not haveing the best kit, i would really trust their word.
and i also suppose the aeroplane wasnt based on thats right you guessed it birds. dude just because something is based on science fiction doesnt make it stupid. i suppose ray guns are stupid because thier based on science fiction too.

Guess Shadow dosn`t want to carry on the arguement for this guys credabillity.

what if he doesnt? that a problem for you?
i suppose the great weirdo doesnt want to continue claiming the SAS and SBS are the best SF in the world , or did you just forget about that thread.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Also ceramics,metal alloys and the force absorbing material from the bear suit.The rest of your question should be easilly answered by yourself

so you dont want metal alloys in armour? so you just want good old steel?
so you dont want your troops to have extra protection?

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   
it is rather bulky but i'm sure the real military expererts can reduce it's bulkyness.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   

hmm �188 is a BIT steep.
7kg a peice thats almost twice the wieght of an SA-80 and more than twice the weight of an M16, thats pretty heavy. well since when do ANY of us use the proper terminology?
hmm well its about 6 and a half thousand quid so i'd say it was a good price considering NV gogles cost 3 grand here.

So do you believe to expensive or not.�6,500 per jeep.Don`t no how many jeeps we have but there are 22 RLC regiments 16,800 personnel so l guess they have a few hundred front line support vehicles.Loads a moneys required to armour there vehicles.

he made an armour bit for the body not for the windows this guy aint a glass maker.

no point armouring a vehicle if the windows arn`t.

well considering most landrovers the british army use are not armoured i dont see how this would increase the danger.

Frontline LandRovers are armoured to a certain amount in case you stuble across unexpected small arms fire.They are not going to armour a jeep as if you are in an area that requires armour you go in a warrior.The Black watch guys are using them and are vunerable when outside maning checkpoints.These pads wouldn`t save them.And forget about his suit he sweated nearly half a litre chasing bears in the mountains so you wouldn`t want to wear one in Iraq.

i suppose ray guns are stupid because thier based on science fiction too.

Yes

what if he doesnt? that a problem for you?

Yes l hate quiters who end arguements by throwing there toys away and not playing anymore.

i suppose the great weirdo doesnt want to continue claiming the SAS and SBS are the best SF in the world , or did you just forget about that thread.

I have an opinon based on my knowledge but the question is pathetic and just invites you to take the P888s.The SAS or anybody else are not the best you could put them in a group of the best but no way could you claim anybody in particicular is better than any other.Any member of a SF unit is better than the average but it depends on the countries budget`s, intelligance capabillity and training methods/

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   

So do you believe to expensive or not.�6,500 per jeep.Don`t no how many jeeps we have but there are 22 RLC regiments 16,800 personnel so l guess they have a few hundred front line support vehicles.Loads a moneys required to armour there vehicles.

yes it will cost a lot but if the armour helps then i suppose it might be worth it.

no point armouring a vehicle if the windows arn`t.

does a tank have a window?

Frontline LandRovers are armoured to a certain amount in case you stuble across unexpected small arms fire.They are not going to armour a jeep as if you are in an area that requires armour you go in a warrior.The Black watch guys are using them and are vunerable when outside maning checkpoints.These pads wouldn`t save them.And forget about his suit he sweated nearly half a litre chasing bears in the mountains so you wouldn`t want to wear one in Iraq.

yeah, BUT it would be useful for vehicles to have more protection. even if it is a little degree. why do you keep going back to the suit?

Yes

....dude you are totaly against any new kind of tech arnt you?

Yes l hate quiters who end arguements by throwing there toys away and not playing anymore.

fine that your opinion.

I have an opinon based on my knowledge but the question is pathetic and just invites you to take the P888s.The SAS or anybody else are not the best you could put them in a group of the best but no way could you claim anybody in particicular is better than any other.Any member of a SF unit is better than the average but it depends on the countries budget`s, intelligance capabillity and training methods/

execellent.....

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   
excellent pad, it is very interesting, 7kg is pretty heavy, but it could be modified to fit infantry needs, praise for this guy

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Hype hype hype.

At the parameters advertised, the military wouldn't find it too hard to produce cushions like that.

As for the suit, it's ridiculuos. All the tests have been done on the single breat plate where there are many layers of epoxy bound kevlar or something like that. Big deal. I can do that in my backyard. What a loser.

[edit on 11-11-2004 by Aelita]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join