Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Inventor creates new type of Armour

page: 3
0
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

log in

join

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by weirdo


Its not that the material is stealth secret.
If the Canadian army wanted it they would have to buy the rights to use it.If other countries got involved there would be a bidding war.Also to stay ahead the material would need to be kept secret so that other countries couldn`t copy.Also to prevent ammunition being developed that would penetrate this material before it was manufactured.There are still spies in the arms industry as all industries developing technology.

well as you can see the creator was not exsactly forth comeing with information BTW where was the bidding war for chrobam armour if every advance that comes along starts a biding war ?
of course there are spies.




posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I would like to start by asking everyone who posts to learn how to write in english so that the rest of us english speakers may read and understand your valuable point of view. As to the bear suit; The inventor in question is appearantly rather eccentric and very excited about his own ideas. Who knows where the idea of a bear suit came from? I seriously doubt if anyone contacted him and requested he design and construct one, so the practical/impractical argument seems moot. He likely just had an idea and followed up on it regardless of it's real potential.The man lit himself on fire so he probably doesn't always think things all the way through.
The Army representative, present at the demo, didn't say anything because it would have been on record. He was not there to make a decision, he was there to observe a potential new technology and report it to his superiors. The people posting to this website should know ( this is the correct spelling in case you didn't "no") about the long process of military aquisition and deployment of new technologies. The original post posed the question,"Do you think his armor could better protect soldiers from bombs." Not,"Does a bear poop in the woods?"
I do think it has great potential for that purpose and the firepaste is incredible, too.

[edit on 26-10-2004 by almighty_puma]



posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by almighty_puma
I would like to start by asking everyone who posts to learn how to write in english so that the rest of us english speakers may read and understand your valuable point of view. As to the bear suit; The inventor in question is appearantly rather eccentric and very excited about his own ideas. Who knows where the idea of a bear suit came from? I seriously doubt if anyone contacted him and requested he design and construct one, so the practical/impractical argument seems moot. He likely just had an idea and followed up on it regardless of it's real potential.The man lit himself on fire so he probably doesn't always think things all the way through.
The Army representative, present at the demo, didn't say anything because it would have been on record. He was not there to make a decision, he was there to observe a potential new technology and report it to his superiors. The people posting to this website should know ( this is the correct spelling in case you didn't "no") about the long process of military aquisition and deployment of new technologies. The original post posed the question,"Do you think his armor could better protect soldiers from bombs." Not,"Does a bear poop in the woods?"
I do think it has great potential for that purpose and the firepaste is incredible, too.

[edit on 26-10-2004 by almighty_puma]




why don`t you stick your pompus (don`t care how someone spells) arse somewhere else.

It not an english comprehension class this isn`t you now (humour) in case you use this as an exaple for your ego bosed sorry boast booast whatever

Maybe people writing on hear English isn`t there first language.Duh world bigger place than you British and l bet your English



posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by weirdo




why don`t you stick your pompus (don`t care how someone spells) arse somewhere else.

It not an english comprehension class this isn`t you now (humour) in case you use this as an exaple for your ego bosed sorry boast booast whatever

Maybe people writing on hear English isn`t there first language.Duh world bigger place than you British and l bet your English


OMFG! ha ha
you go man!



posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Not sure on the validity of this type of materials. But at $300 a block thats pretty darn cheap! something like Mexas Applique which appears to cover about 20m runs at 1/4 million dollars, thats about $ 1000-1200 ft. Given the choice I think I would go with Mexas, unless this armor has other magical features



Its effectiveness doesn't appear to be that great by thickness [~ 6 inches needed to do what 1/2 inch hard steel can do]. How heavy are the bags. THey look pretty light since they are taped on to the windows of that door target. Hard to know but based on low density material it should atleast offer about 1/4 of its thickness in shaped charge resistance. That could easly double or tripple if the material is as good as it claims to be?


I don't see the point of covering the windows with this material...how the crew supposed to see?


I was intrigued by the "Fire past" article before, as this should be plastered around the insides of most AFVs to retard fire. For example any fuel tank should be surrounded by this material to contain fires long enought for crew to escape. Like wize such layers of materials around ammo could seriously help to slow 'brewing up a target' process. Does it release toxic smoke or would it incapacity the crew before they could escape?

I could see this material being manufactured into the panels of military car/truck construction to boost basic survivability


[edit on 26-10-2004 by psteel]



posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
If one writes in english, should it not be comprehensible? I was commenting on the fact that some of the posts are incredibly difficult to understand due to poor spelling and they were not even on topic. Please do not take offence, it is only my dry humor. No I'm not from England.
Again , my apologies for the misunderstanding, I was not including those whose first language was not english. I'm from the US and many people here do not care to learn even their own language. Sorry.
Do you think it (topic) is comparable to current body armour, which is quite strong, or possibly superior? Does this inventor have more info somewhere else?



posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by almighty_puma
If one writes in english, should it not be comprehensible? I was commenting on the fact that some of the posts are incredibly difficult to understand due to poor spelling and they were not even on topic. Please do not take offence, it is only my dry humor. No I'm not from England.
Again , my apologies for the misunderstanding, I was not including those whose first language was not english. I'm from the US and many people here do not care to learn even their own language. Sorry.
Do you think it (topic) is comparable to current body armour, which is quite strong, or possibly superior? Does this inventor have more info somewhere else?



I have a pet hate of people who complain about poor spelling.I am one who is blessed with the abillity to have poor spelling when using a keyboard.Apologies accepted and glad to see someone big enough to return to an arguement as an adult.



posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   



well as you can see the creator was not exsactly forth comeing with information BTW where was the bidding war for chrobam armour if every advance that comes along starts a biding war ?
of course there are spies.



Please provide evidence there wasn`t one



posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by psteel
I was intrigued by the "Fire past" article before, as this should be plastered around the insides of most AFVs to retard fire. For example any fuel tank should be surrounded by this material to contain fires long enought for crew to escape. Like wize such layers of materials around ammo could seriously help to slow 'brewing up a target' process. Does it release toxic smoke or would it incapacity the crew before they could escape?


The Fire Paste is completely safe; in one video demonstration, the inventor actually ate some. Though it tastes horrible, it didn't kill him. It also breaks down into a muddy powder when it comes into contact with water, so it can be washed off of whatever it has been applied to.



posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by weirdo



Please provide evidence there wasn`t one

do YOU have evidence to support other wise?



posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by almighty_puma
. As to the bear suit; The inventor in question is appearantly rather eccentric and very excited about his own ideas. Who knows where the idea of a bear suit came from?.
[edit on 26-10-2004 by almighty_puma]


He was attacked and almost killed by a bear. That was his orignal inspiration for making the suit.



posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by weirdo

Please give links to back up your claims that druging a bear would be a waste of time and also on your other points as without evidance your claims cannot be given much credit


"It's very hard to study hibernation, for several reasons. Laboratory studies that attempt to induce hibernation out of season have been almost entirely unsuccessful, and studies of animals entering hibernation are often difficult because the animal will tolerate only some kinds of measuring equipment"


www.madsci.org...

The molecular mechanisms the bears use to prevent bone loss during hibernation has not yet been found.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov... gi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=14581593&dopt=Abstract.

But hey since you found a article in 5 minutes that doesn't say we dont know everything about bears you must be right
Please

I could go into more detail but im not going to waste any more of my time since this thread is not about the bear suit.



posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 02:03 AM
link   
the material looks bulky but light, with that apparent 6 to 1 thickness vs steel. it might be also able for use as a sheild or sandbag type wall. I also wonder if it can be curved into a helmet at about the same size as one of those blocks....

it is interesting that the military and its research teams would not have come up with something similiar, maybe they already have , maybe they have not. It all depends on who does it better, this lone inventor or those military guys... if the military does have something it made i can bet its more expensive, especially when you consider that the inventors design was not mass produced and was handmade.


IBM

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 02:13 AM
link   
This stuff is nice. Havent any of you seen pictures of tanks with pices of armour for the better part just strapped onto them. They did not come with all the armor and when the tanks needed more they just strapped them onto the body. This would be a great help to the Hummers. Just strap a few of these bags to the outer door and make it a camo color and voila you have some rudimentary protection that is better than nothing. It might take one or two bags strapped to the outside of the door, but it will make the veichle much safer.



posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

Originally posted by weirdo

Please give links to back up your claims that druging a bear would be a waste of time and also on your other points as without evidance your claims cannot be given much credit


"It's very hard to study hibernation, for several reasons. Laboratory studies that attempt to induce hibernation out of season have been almost entirely unsuccessful, and studies of animals entering hibernation are often difficult because the animal will tolerate only some kinds of measuring equipment"


www.madsci.org...

The molecular mechanisms the bears use to prevent bone loss during hibernation has not yet been found.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov... gi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=14581593&dopt=Abstract.

But hey since you found a article in 5 minutes that doesn't say we dont know everything about bears you must be right
Please

I could go into more detail but im not going to waste any more of my time since this thread is not about the bear suit.



I no this is of subject so this wil conclude,


Point One.
Your links give information on the physical changes of the bears which obviously everything isn`t well known but they prove my point that reasearch is possible without the aid of this suit
Serum was collected from five bears every 10 days over 196 day period.No mention of this being a proplem or people injured or killed.

Point Two,
Nowhere in the links you have provide inform us that this suit would benift and aid the reasearch of the bears.


Conclusion.
This suit is a waste of time unless you out walking one day in the mountains and accidently stuble across a bear having a bad day.


[edit on 28-10-2004 by weirdo]



posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

Originally posted by weirdo



Please provide evidence there wasn`t one

do YOU have evidence to support other wise?



You gave an example to disprove my comment,I`m asking you to provide the details that support your comments,If you don`t have any fine this will just be a claim based on your opinion therefore your comment was not relevent.
By the way the moon is made of cheese.But l have no evidance to prove my point.


IBM

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I wonder if a depleted uranium round from perhaps an A-10, Apache would be able to penetrate it. I have no doubt that such armor might be less effective against the DU round of an M-1 tank lets say, but if your in a hummer fighting a tank, you are in the wrong battle anyway.



posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by IBM
I wonder if a depleted uranium round from perhaps an A-10, Apache would be able to penetrate it. I have no doubt that such armor might be less effective against the DU round of an M-1 tank lets say, but if your in a hummer fighting a tank, you are in the wrong battle anyway.


Yeah DU rounds are insane the would most likely go through it, there what 2 1/2 times more dense then steel. I dont think the M1-A1 uses DU for their rounds I think use Tungsten. But your right if your in a Hummer and your going up against anything like a A-10,Apache or tank your in for a world of hurt.



posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Troy Hurtubise a inventor from North Bay, Ontario has created some impressive new armour he hopes can protect troops over seas. You may have seen one of Troy's other inventions the Armoured suit to keep a person safe from a bear attack. Another and IMO more impressive invention of his was firepaste.

Now we has created a new type of Armour.Heres a video of some of his armour in action.

www.exn.ca...

You also get a small view of hie bear suit and the firepaste stuff in the video. Firepaste is a part of his armour and a amazing substance in its own right.


Do you think his armour could help better protect soldiers from bombs?


I've seen it used, ... shot with one of those handheld rocket launcher thingies.. .without it is hopeless... that stuff is amazing. And Guess what? The government has been giving him a hard time, they don't want to use it. They won't allow him patents and so on and so forth. DO NOT go to the Government with your CURES go to the public RIGHT Away .. Learn from these peoples mistakes



posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Thats really stupid of the government to do.If i was that guy i would go to the Chinese/Russian government and present my plans






top topics



 
0
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

log in

join