It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walking Dead Q: Why does a bite or scratch turn them into zombies, if everyone's infected anyways?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by nostromo85

The one thing that bothers me about TWD, is they always get covered in blood from zombies, but I mean.. c'mon, have you seen the precautions someone takes to other blood transferable viruses, like HIV/AIDS? The second you turned a zombie into crimson soup all over your face, any of that got into an open wound or in your eye, you'd be a zombie.

Yep...you just have to suspend the disbelief and accept it as a show...
In an early episode, they took care to avoid splatter, but then just tossed it out the window in subsequent episodes.

In a real zombie apocalypse...anyone in melee with a zombie is likely going to become one, even without being bit.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

From what I understand, the Zombie virus was modeled after the rabies virus which pretty much does the same thing except that it doesn't resurrect you. In order for you to get rabies you have to be bitten. The virus can then enter into the bloodstream and travels through the nervous system and into the brain. Once in the brain it modifies the primal areas so that the urge to attack and bite are more pronounced so that it can spread. It also suppresses the instinctive fright reaction so that the host will be more aggressive and able to attack the next victim.

Last year I came into contact with a rabid animal and I can tell you first hand that it acted just like one of the walkers on the living dead. It was a nocturnal animal yet it was standing there looking at me in the daytime in 85 degree summer heat. Then it came at me. I managed to kick it away from me and it came right back at me. It did this several times before it rolled down a small hillside and onto the sidewalk in front of my house. It stood up again looking for me, and being disoriented it went into convulsions and became paralyzed or dead. I put it in a box and got rid of it.

In the Walking Dead the virus was airborne. The CDC had this concern or a rabies-flu hybrid scenario and even held preparedness training over it. That was in 2009 and 2010. If it were weaponized, the whole thing would unfold just like the series shows it with the exception that the dead stay dead.

In the series, the dead are not actually dead but "re animated" or revived by the virus. But the virus only lives to spread and so only effects the primal centers of the brain, just like rabies does.

If you get scratched you can get it because it can enter the blood stream that way. You get get it by eating it or splashing it on your skin. It has to get into the blood stream and mature in the brain to replicate into another host. So the show has it right.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mark1167

um I think Robert Kirkman is still consulting and helpping with the tv show

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   

athousandlives
What's in the bite or scratch from a walker that makes a human turn into one straight away, if everyone's infected with the virus already?
like the last episode, when that woman got bitten in the arm, why was that enough to turn her into one?
Is this just something that was overlooked by the creators of the show or is there a reason?

another question: why is the "governor" such a dick? haha. He seemed a pretty intelligent villain in the beginning of the season, now I cant stand him! Like how he decided to be all-out aggressive with Ricks group, instead of using Andrea to lure them in, he couldn't have known Michonne was with them.
just wondering also how much of the tv show is different from the comics

My take on it was that the zombie bite caused some type of septicemia or sepsis. All living people in the WD universe have the dormant zombie virus already inside them. The walkers have one purpose, which is to feed and make more walkers. So theoretically, a walker could have a mouth full of some type of unique toxin created by the activated zombie virus which will get into your blood stream, spread quickly and eventually cause complete organ failure in the bite victim.
And once that victim is dead, the dormant virus awakens and creates a new walker.

In the Governor's case, he was a classic sociopath. He projected an outward appearance that was the exact opposite of who he really was. And when the pressure mounted, that outward illusion cracked and he lost control. Whenever his authority was questioned, he couldn't stand it.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Walking Dead Q: Why does a bite or scratch turn them into zombies, if everyone's infected anyways?

Because that is the way the script was written yo!

Sorry.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I took it this way ... Everyone has the virus but it's dormant until death. The walking dead have the virus but it's activated so when you get bit by them, you get the activated virus and not just the dormant version. At least that's the way I took it ...

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I think people are taking the Walking Dead way too seriously.

I like the show a lot.

But it is just a TV show.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Ok, I only watched the show up though the second season because I couldn't get past the fact it was more of a soap opera and baby daddy drama than it was about zombies.

However, if I remember correctly there were people who died of natural causes that did not turn into zombies.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

neo96

BITE YOUR TONGUE!

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

FlyersFan

neo96

BITE YOUR TONGUE!

Noooo I don't want to Zombify myself.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

If it were weaponized, the whole thing would unfold just like the series shows it with the exception that the dead stay dead.

Yeah, a weaponized, airborne rabies strain would pretty much effectively be a zombie virus (much like 28 Days, etc.). Especially if it resisted current vaccines for it. The disease pretty much has a 100% mortality rate when untreated. That's pretty horrific. Only a handful of cases (like under 20...EVER) have survived it untreated, out of the more than 55,000 people that die of rabies every year. Apply that fractional percentage to the world population, and it is pretty much extinction.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

calstorm
Ok, I only watched the show up though the second season because I couldn't get past the fact it was more of a soap opera and baby daddy drama than it was about zombies.

However, if I remember correctly there were people who died of natural causes that did not turn into zombies.

I dont recall anyone dieing and not turning they only discovered that everyone turns at death when they were at the disease control place that the guy blew up, such a shame that place was perfect thats why after that when that Shane dies he comes back as one i cant recall any others before that though unless when they were at the camp in season 1 but i think they all died from walkers.

On another note theres episode 3 i think it was they put all that zombie guts all over them to blend in with the smell so maybe they can only smell you if you are close up thats why they focus on them hearing them more than anything? I dont know but i LOVE the walking dead! Im waiting for the 2nd half of this season to be all done then ill watch them last 8 episodes i hate the suspense of waiting an entire week for a new ep! I dont even know if baby Judith survived yet!! Im fairly certain she did survive because the buckles on the seat were undone if a zombie got her they wouldnt have been.
edit on 19-2-2014 by Shana91aus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Shana91aus

Remember that Michone uses a couple of zombies as pack mules to hide her scent. Smell is still an issue.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by allenidaho

I know thats why i think its only if they are in a closer range like they dont smell from ages away like they hear, because they've hidden behind stuff from ones walking a little distance away.. I didn't really think about all that before coming across this thread but thats my theory.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
What I don't get....why doesn't EVERYONE use Michonne's trick?

I mean c'mon!!! A guaranteed way to sleep at night, even in the middle of a herd? How could you NOT use this tactic?

In the prison, they always had a herd at the fences...why not simply have pets ringing the damn prison?

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Yeah, I don't get it either. The only other person to use the zombie-on-a-leash trick was Andrea.
There was so much they could have done to make that prison more secure, but ultimately they did nothing other than lock the gate and grow a garden.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I don't like the idea behind zombies and i dont watch the show.

I think theres something very strange about looking at ugly disgusting monster humans for an hour a day, whether they get killed in amusing ways or not.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Hollywood recently released a movie after the television show called World War Z. World War II, connected as a warding letter with 3 bars. I consider one type of zombie a mind control contagion of sex offenders that snitch, a sort of underground artist storyline not intended to implicate real people.

Vampire: the Masquerade, 20th Anniversary Edition,

page 56, the Necromantic Giovanni Clan has (to me, no offense intended by any of these remarks) rodent looking teeth. Page 57, on the sidebar, Borgias (Showtime) and Medicis (the main family in "Da Vinci's Demons") are identified as members.

The Giovanni Clan hits the Lamia Bloodline of, and the Cappadocian Clan itself, as their primary storyline. Those who say Lam, I A to Capp Da Ocian/Ocean? The Dark Age edition of the game has the Lamia practicing Deimos and the Cappadocians practicing Mortis: Most Die, Mor Is; or It's Demi Moor's. Giovanni are independent of Sect membership, or an empire sized infrastructure.

On page 406-407, Nagaraja are mambers of the Tal'Mahe'Ra Mafia, a sect somehow founded by the Giovanni according to sidebar comments, a Clan the Nagaraja themselves consider quaint. They point at their pointy teeth. On page 506, Enrathi is listed on Giovanni (E. N. rat hi on a Giovanni hit, as a fictional storyline?) and the Nagaraji have listed a bloodline of Thugee spies and Informants.

On Page 63, the Nosferatu are sewer rats that inform. Could 63 be a 666 metaphor?

Chapter 9 of Revelation, my copy, the 6th angel (Tiphareth lifting the Bar on Samedhi, apart from chesed/social love or Netzach/attached love) says to loose the four angels bound at Euphrates. They are loosed, prepared for a day and a month and a year to kill a third of mankind, Verse 16 begins. Euphrates can spell pheE, u rats, plausibly unintentional in connection to 3rd/6, the one of 16 a dividing line to mark the reference to those who accept the Mark of the Beast.

Tal'Mahe'Ra - tell ma he Ra, ma heRa, Tal/towl, as if only Kali can lift the bar on Samedi.

The Samedis in the game are like low brow hitmen of the Giovanni Clan. The Harbingers of Skulls are what the Cappadocians become, they don't want to win, slavery is referenced as a relevant topic, and they want revenge on Giovanni if he thinks his money entitles him: I suspect the slaves are the Loas of Voodoo, ancestry worship within slavery is the publicized conception of Loas.

(storyline: someone confronts Loki claiming to be Bacchus, confesses to faking a one option final with accessories to the one option final, says if Loki don't take a past life frame on Abraham and Isaac he'll fake it's because Loki's past life is a different person.)

During the time of Ragnarok, Loki is at war with Thunder. Low key verses an annoying harmless sound.

The three ways of re-arranging rat in the English language: Tar can mean T'or and (n=r extended, d= hard t) art r t/ r y (the t is a why pulled down right bar taken off) are why Ra was crucified. Frank Sin at Ra was in charge of Hollywood's "Rat Pack," as if Hollywood was frank on framing Ra.

In connection to Harbingers of Skulls, if the b is turned around and the n pulled back a racial slur might be accidentally esoterically concealed (coincidence). Hollywood recently released a TV Show called Reign about Bloody Mary Queen of Scottland, rearranged it could be a racist under-the-breath for control/rule the n word due to that British immortals founded labor slavery. Bloody Mary's mother, according to a historic fiction on, was Queen Elizabeth I: a liEz bet I, the H capitalized and turn forward into the I.

Queen Elizabeth I's birth date and death date: 1533-1603.
1+5 = 6, 3+3 = 6 and the degrees of Freemasonry, and there's a 6 in the second number. 603 also = 666. The birth of Freemasonry, Labor Slavery, and the Mark of the Beast 666 hustle? One theory stipulates the Loas of Voodoo are why a Los, and enslave accessories to the rules until the loss is finalized.

New Orleans, Louisiana, Voodoo Capital of the World:
Louisiana = a Louis, Ian.
New Orleans = eN 1 seal, wOn. The comma can be pulled off the r to create the 1 after eN.

According to what I was taught in history growing up, the same infrastructure that founded labor slavery dropped off death row inmates in Australia. I was taught in Ecology Class growing up they have the worst skin cancer of any country, like rotting flesh. The letters of Australia rearranged can spell (I apologize for noticing the accident, intending no accusation) rats, Aulia.

The word rot is the word rat if a one backbones the zero.

Chapter 7 of Revelation, Verse 7, ends Verse 7, my copy, 144,000 are marked on the forehead by God against attack. Chapter 14, they are unconditionally loving. 4+4=8-1 to replace the first number,= 700,000 , seven hundred thousand genetic Merovengian Rastafarians are reputed to exist. Pull back the t, their names seem to spell Rats a far Ian.

In 6th grade, a little boy was in a Family Channel only movie in the outdoor History trailer with me. That summer, a little girl told me her family was in the Mafia and connected to the restaurant business. Before I moved to New Kent from Henrico, my stepfather, a member of the St. Loukas bloodline with partial estate of a castle in France, took me to a red light comic book convention after a light left a red brand on my right thigh.

I have always been called KB, my mother's maiden name "Bowers" is identified as Merovengian by page 151 of Bloodline of the Holy Graal: the Hidden Lineage of Jesus Revealed by Laurence Gardner. Before I turned 18, Hollywood released a tv show called "24," each episode an hour long in real life / time, Jac KB auer/hour the point of the show. After I turned 18, I encountered a Nazi Satanist theme and 88 was branded into each of my wrists by a lighter.

Borges married into my step sister's side of the family, like the Necromantic Clan in the game, or the pervy Catholic Royals on the TV Show.

According to a recent nonfiction documentary I watched on Zombies, normal cable, a man with the first name Giovanni was history's initial incident of zombification: he animated a dead corpse (an accessory?) with electroshock.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
A creative interpretation of the show:

Satanic Ritual Abuse / Gang Stalking as a contagious form of mind control which slippery slopes moral decay off false attribution of surety to bait self righteous impetus to participate, telepathic mind control perpetuation of a contagion, and complex contract entrapment. As such contagions begin to infest one's home town,

hole up, look inconspicuous, vote gun rights, and don't get entrapped.

perceive the moral state of decay of accessories as a lingering malaise of death rotting their brains and eventually bringing their walking quivering electrified corpses to dust.

Examples of ways false surety could be baited in a parallel universe where astral espionage existed:

Telepathically validated, Neither a lie nor an attempt to deceive, the mind control element scried for: context not thoroughly established.

A Bet Key As Entrapment Example

Dodging or bouncing bullets - if thrown by hand.
Common usage interpretations are true - Of, "You got it right if you bet on him." This usually means To Win.
The Most Literal Attributions Apply- right side, right=correct, morally appropriate to want him to win, B his nickname. The Most Literal if you stack them.
Infinity against odds - Every event is infinitely improbable because change is the only constant is the only irrefutable law of physics, any other improbability can also be isolated if only a finite # of events are referenced surrounding the 1 as against.
What the majority of all betters believe anyway - the labor slaves of British elites, kidnapped en bulk to the extent of being the majority.
Eddy Saayman the one impersonal rule.
Confessing to September 11 - I used the word Guilty to mean Not Guilty, neither a lie nor an attempt to deceive because I was prompted to telepathically transmit it.
Luci Lawless could frame Loki for being Lucifer if it means that to the actress because Viking Berserkers, too aggressive not to be instinctively a bit bigoted, tend to think so.
Can interrogate the entire planet if he wins - a 4,000 year old peak begun by a 170,000 year old immortal, Jesus Christ rewards the Bodhissatva by returning the retention he surrendered by dying. For the 4,000 years, every instant the rate of peak was itself exponentially increasing, and the angels just wait to enclose until Judgement Day to achieve highest success probability doing so.
Supposedly the subject of the hit has history's worst past life if he tried to have sex even once (but being directly raped doesn't count as an attempt and the investigators are sloppy about looking into it).

The original ethic's test the insertion of the option to will enslave completely, contractually required it be the repeated ethic's test. This would be a good way to bait a Satanic Ritual Abuse Contagion because it seems like you are only supposed to give the "perp" the option.

Unless you don't consent to receive these tools, you can't take them if guilty. Weak tools, atonement drams decay magical practice every most literal opportunity which comes up to practice.

Foot in mouth as a rule update: Maat Ti tests require a pass if past life authentic, not that the pass be consensually validated, so the Foot in Mouth updates the contract to induce a superficial fail rule. If the tester's mind is read, what would they count that Queen E wouldn't?

Nicky More = Rome Y Nick, subject could be framed for committing a crime against a joke character name individual to instigate the hit.

Loas within Voodoo: as far as I know, only Voodoo is reputed to zombify in real life.
edit on 25-2-2014 by LokiToo because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-2-2014 by LokiToo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I just want to know what caused it all to begin with. I always liked how in Romero's original classic Night of the living dead, a masterpiece zombie film by the way, had the cause of the walking dead as coming from an infected meteorite from outer space. That is just brilliant. Some say the plague may have been gotten here just the same way. No, I am not talking about stupid people this time either. ~$heopleNation

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join