It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe Will Cancel Weapon Ban on China Next Year

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
personally, i don't care much. a war is going to start sometime soon for china and may the US probe china. at least china isn't like bin laden (countryless). and for euro, they will make US look like heroes, themselves as sorryful bast***, and bad guys as bad guys.

chow mates!

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by DefectingSix
personally, i don't care much. a war is going to start sometime soon for china and may the US probe china. at least china isn't like bin laden (countryless). and for euro, they will make US look like heroes, themselves as sorryful bast***, and bad guys as bad guys.

chow mates!

Why would it make the US look like hereos?
The US could very well be seen as the aggressor.
One thing i want to know is, whether UK people think the Uk should get special treatment from the new ban comeing in.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 12:21 AM
link   
The U.S. sure looks like heroes in the Iraq war....

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 01:05 AM
link   

One thing i want to know is, whether UK people think the Uk should get special treatment from the new ban comeing in.

Why not? You guys have stood by our side many times in the past. I think that it would be better for both to stand by each other and for them not to conduct trades with china.

It's going to be between china and Russia. All stats indicate a Russian nuclear victory and or a Russian-coalition conventional victory.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
None of the three superpowers(or semi-superpowers in the case of Russia and China) will fight each other because no matter who wins, it will be the one who DOESN'T fight who becomes the lone superpower standing. If anything, it'll be the two weaker powers united against the stronger power, this way at least the playing field is more leveled.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
In reality, no country EVER wishes to fight if it doesn't have to. But its S.O.Bs like the terrorists with nukes and Taiwan that triggers the fight. Say that there are a insurgent group with five hand case nukes and they are gonna start blowing up New York in a few days, the only logical thing is to kill them or fight them before their plans could be initiated.

In the near future (20 years), I see Taiwan as the only possible source of conflict where Chinese military must defend at all costs but the S.O.Bs just don't get it. Are hundreds of thousands of lives really worth the cost of what they want? And right now, its not even what the majority wants, its just the "president" and their followers. In any situation, we do not wish to fight but there are somethings that just makes it a MUST reason for you to fight for. We will not let loose a piece of our country and desert millions of Chinese people and separate them from us.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Oh, and before anyone respond to COWlans comments with something like "why do you insist that ppl who want independnence to stay with you" I'll just reiterate two things:

1)The Chinese government cannot afford to "lose face", national pride is one of the things they're imploring to keep the nation's attention away from some pretty big social problems.

2)Strong nations are built through conquests, and they must be maintained by preserving the integrity of the nation. This is the same thing the founding fathers of America saw, the Bolsheviks of Russia saw, the Communists of China saw(in the respect of founding a nation through conquests). This is also the same thing Lincoln, Stalin, and the Chinese leaders of today, but unfortunately NOT Gorbachev, understand(I'm putting Lincoln and Stalin in the same sentence only to show that they both understood the necessity to preserve the integrity of the nation). Losing Taiwan probably won't be a big deal to China economically or politically, since Taiwan practically acts as a whole separate country anyway, but it would set a dangerous precedence to various other factions within the country, and the Chinese government will not let it happen.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by dingyibvs
The U.S. sure looks like heroes in the Iraq war....

America looks like a hero in Iraq ???? l

Ooooh I get it, thats mean't to be a joke !

[edit on 27-12-2004 by psteel]

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join