It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I know what Abraham saw. I know What he Witnessed and What Happened to Sodom.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I need to tell you a story. All things melt away and I am compelled to tell you now.
I know what happened and I know how to prove it happened. The prood came to me when I was telling the story of Sodom and Gomorrah to my son. The last piece of the puzzle became obvious when I was having him watching videos about sulfuric acid. I wanted him to see it melt things. It's the solution to one of my pet projects. Mysteries of the Bible. I love to decode and find out the truth. In the story of Sodom and Gomorrah, there is more truth than fiction. Despite that being hard to believe. You must read it and take it literally. Abraham was a real person and he witnessed one of the worst disasters in the ancient world. He even had preknowledge and acted to save his kin Lot who was living near Sodom.

I don't want to get into too much history or debate. I know what I know and it's my way or the highway I don't care. I know what happened. And if I argue too much. I'll have a stroke.

The simple and easiest answer for me to convey is that Sodom was destroyed by a rainfall of sulfuric acid. This sulfuric acid storm was from the super eruption in Thera, which is modern day Santorini in Greece. This cloud was immense and travelled across the Mediterranean Sea and hit the Dead Sea Valley. After lots of weather jargon I can explain how the system mixed with a northly flow to rain the acid down upon Sodom.

This would account for the destruction. Everything melted. This was my first idea. But that's not exactly what the story claims. The mud brick buildings burned. The cities burned. From sulfur rain. Yes. So. Wait.

There are chemicals which act as oxidizers. Potassium is a great one. It's use lots. It is also know as potash. In the Dead Sea area, the mud bricks had potassium clorite in the salts of the dried out sea. It is hyper saline and there are many potassium salts which are use as fertilizers. The bricks would be made with the same bud that was in the old dried up sea beds. There was oxidizing chemicals everywhere. This is why the sulfuric acid burned and combusted the materials all around.

So. I have know figured out all the elements of the story. And if we were to go on a geological dig near a site we would find a strange sulfur pattern that would not come from the local sources. It would have a chemical signature unique and could show the exact area impacted. There is a zone around the two cities and all the land where the rain fell.

This is why there is so little of the sites left. The burned to the ground and or melt to dust. The ash would have looked white like salt. "pillar of salt"

www.youtube.com...

This video will demonstrate how i see things. Maybe someone will embed it here.
edit on 3-12-2012 by ericblair4891 because: (no reason given)

www.youtube.com...

One experiment I'd like to try is to make a brick wall from the muds in the Dead Sea area near the supposed sites and see if a rain of sulfuric acid starts a fire.

I suppose I should add the actual biblical quote.

"24 Then the Lord rained down burning sulfur on Sodom and Gomorrah—from the Lord out of the heavens. 25 Thus he overthrew those cities and the entire plain, destroying all those living in the cities—and also the vegetation in the land."

New Bible

King James
24 Then the Lord rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the Lord out of heaven;

25 And he overthrew those cities, and all the plain, and all the inhabitants of the cities, and that which grew upon the ground."

You'll notice it was sulfur. It was rain. From the heavens. Meaning he air. Not the ground. It was widespread as it hit multiple cities. And it was so fiery and full of "brimestone" sulfur, that it stopped the plants from going. It doesn't say an army catatpuleted fiery rocks and salted the land. No. We can take the story at face value and it proves to be very literal.

Abraham heard the eruption. He heard the voice of God. He saw the burning bush. A giant red mushroom cloud of read volcanic material blasting in the atmosphere. Abraham looked out across the sea from the plateau and saw the cloud, God coming. He knew is was headed for the Dead Sea and the plain where Lot lived.

If someone does their homework and finds this sulfur trace. The prove the volcano hit the Holy Land with it's gases. I have several versions of it travelling from Santorini to the Dead Sea. It doesn't really matter for the moment. That can be calculated once the geologist start taking me for serious- instead ignoringme etc. I'll stop.

This could date Abraham and prove lots of other things. I'm sure Abraham tried to warn all the towns. No one listened and left. Lot did.

"

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ericblair4891

Here:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Interesting possibility maybe, but lets see you burn some bricks with it....
can we send for a mud brick from israel?Specifically from the area?
or with sure knowledge of the composition of said bricks, make one of our own to try?
Just sayin......
edit on 3-12-2012 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

You will get many people here screaming at you for suggesting something in the Bible actually happened. Here is a really good video set that shows the actual landscape and then shows you the sulfur and gives indications of what happened. It's super interesting.

I have watched this on discovery channel as well and they did the chemical analysis of the material already.

It was asphalt mortar.

edit on 3-12-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Very nice.

I was thoroughly expecting this thread to be something entirely different; devoid of any connection to science, based entirely on dreams, visions, and other sorts of fantasy.

It's an interesting and nicely thought hypothesis.
Have you considered forwarding this postulate onto relevant names, geologists included, that could facilitate some core samples, or loan data from existing core samples of the area over a wide range for analysis where you could then share in authorship of a paper for review and publication?

S+F

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

This is not my first hypothesis. I have several others. I have tried to get geologists and others to listen. I'll save you the groaning. But. No. It's frustrating. So. I write here. On this site. Waiting for the world to catch up. I should say I'm sure all of you will have the best intentions when you give advise and give suggestions. But please don't. Thank you for reading. And sure, spread the word. But I'm done trying to convince anyone of anything. I'm telling story. This one is a doozy. When I visualize the whole thing as it would have happened, I make myself shudder. Maybe that's why I'm doing it. Trying to stay alive and vital I suppose. I'm only revisiting this idea because I found another support bit of evidence for my theory. And it could prove it. It's chemistry. Not my strong suit. I need others in these fields to look at the evidence and then go looking for the chemical signature. It's there. And it would be like a fingerprint.

So. Think of what would have happened to those people. It would have started with a rain. A rain that burned the skin. Horrified. Panicked. They would have sought shelter inside the buildings. Soon, the houses caught on fire.

I don't need to be the greatest writer to put a clear picture in your head. Just imagine it. Imagine you were there.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

It's a nice theory......

but....

I don't want to get into too much history or debate. I know what I know and it's my way or the highway I don't care. I know what happened. And if I argue too much. I'll have a stroke.

Seeing as your arrogance appears to prevent debate on your theory.......and as I'm someone who does not believe the vast majority of what is written in the bible, I'll abide by your wishes and refrain from debating the issue.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Volcanic eruption has been debated as the likely S&G destruction both in and out of religion for some time,

www.lexiline.com...

www.godsaidmansaid.com...

The problem lies in the Lot's wife looking back, and being turned to stone, or a pillar or salt, while Lot was able to dander on, okay so Lot got lucky, the ash missed him/or he did not look back, which is it? but his wife is still the mystery, since no one that survived seems to have looked back, so could not confirm that Lot's wife perished, because she looked back. Makes no sense to me.
edit on 3-12-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

Feel free to debate amongst yourselves. Feel free to ridicule me and you can deflate my reasonings. But, since my head hurts and I'm very very tired, I'll not defend my argument. It's tongue in cheek, and I am too sarcastic for my own good, but I'm just trying not to care too much. it hurts. Sometimes you need thick skill and a don't give a attitude. sorry.

I understand, yes i should be prepared to debate, and i respect disent and a good argument

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I thought you might find this interesting where perhaps, if you happen to develop some friendly correspondence with anyone on the team, perhaps some of the students onsite, you might get to get some peeks at a few data sets that might corroborate your postulate for the 2000 BC time frame plus or minus error dependent on when the Thera Event occurred.

Dead Sea ICDP Drilling Project

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Everything in the Bible actually happened.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I have heard all the theories. Also, the ones about the plaque. They are recieving little support because the Holy Land is too far away. I can explain why it got there. It's a matter of weather. And the type of eruption.

It's a phreatic eruption. The winds are west to east. And the winds over the Dead Sea area can come from the north. These can be cold air masses and since the Dead Sea is the lowest place on earth, it acts like a channel. the mixing of these air masses cause the cool air make the sulfur cloud condence and rain. i'm just using all the different aspects to give a full picture of how it happened.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ericblair4891
I have heard all the theories. Also, the ones about the plaque. They are recieving little support because the Holy Land is too far away. I can explain why it got there. It's a matter of weather. And the type of eruption.

It's a phreatic eruption. The winds are west to east. And the winds over the Dead Sea area can come from the north. These can be cold air masses and since the Dead Sea is the lowest place on earth, it acts like a channel. the mixing of these air masses cause the cool air make the sulfur cloud condence and rain. i'm just using all the different aspects to give a full picture of how it happened.

en.wikipedia.org...

There's still the problem of Lot's wife or more pertinent Lot's survival, perhaps even more so in a 'wet' eruption.
That also makes the problem of who is Lot, could he not just have been an escapee and a real person from a real geological event, while the biblical lesson is so much more, and the two cannot be married in any shape or form.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

My post above should have been addressed to you. Lot's wife. She tried to go back to the city. Lot stayed in the caves. Protected. The rain fell upon Lot's wife. She was burned by the acid. She would have died. She would have melted and may have combusted. The sugar burns and we're fat and sugar. I believe it should say that Lot's wife dissolved as if she were a pillar of salt- in the rain- . A pillar of salt in the rain would dissolve. Remember it was rain.

The eruption wasn't wet. The water made the island of Santorini explode. This made the cloud. The cloud made it rain.
As long as Lot was sheltered in a cave, he was protected from the acid. Also, the rock caves wouldn't have caught fire being higher up and mad from different rock material. Maybe limestone. Lot thought it was the end of the world. His daughters thought it was the end of the world. They thought they'd have to repopulate the earth. Lot had incest with his daughters.

He must have really thought it was the end of the world. His wife was turned to dust. The cities were burned to the ground and all the vegetation was dead. I can't blame him. It must have been more than just a minor fire in a town. It killed the whole region and nearly killed every living thing.

twitter.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ericblair4891
reply to post by smurfy

My post above should have been addressed to you. Lot's wife. She tried to go back to the city. Lot stayed in the caves. Protected. The rain fell upon Lot's wife. She was burned by the acid. She would have died. She would have melted and may have combusted. The sugar burns and we're fat and sugar. I believe it should say that Lot's wife dissolved as if she were a pillar of salt- in the rain- . A pillar of salt in the rain would dissolve. Remember it was rain.

The eruption wasn't wet. The water made the island of Santorini explode. This made the cloud. The cloud made it rain.
As long as Lot was sheltered in a cave, he was protected from the acid. Also, the rock caves wouldn't have caught fire being higher up and mad from different rock material. Maybe limestone. Lot thought it was the end of the world. His daughters thought it was the end of the world. They thought they'd have to repopulate the earth. Lot had incest with his daughters.

He must have really thought it was the end of the world. His wife was turned to dust. The cities were burned to the ground and all the vegetation was dead. I can't blame him. It must have been more than just a minor fire in a town. It killed the whole region and nearly killed every living thing.

I know about that, it is also intepretation, and that interpretation is that the daughters were the instigators, (as the only beings left to repopulate) that's post event pseudo intellectual rubbish, and while it still falls unbelievably, into the religious category. You're barking up the wrong tree as far as what I think.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
intriguing post. let's postulate that your theory is correct. it would require a justification to take as fact the Abrahamic journey and history, including the theistic relevant points as written in Genesis. to validate your recognition of Sodom and Gomorrah and their destruction thereof, there must be a validation of the religious aspect. this would be unacceptable to modern science and the history of mesopotamia as we understand it according to main stream science. it would also give rise to power grabbing in the middle east like it has never seen before in the modern era. a worse situation than now, all out war supported by "divine right". history books would be re-written to support a theistic relevance and belief. religious leaders would create their own relatavistic interpretation and point to science for support. the hazy line between science and religion would be crossed. a little knowledge is a very dangerous thing. sometimes truth is not always the best scenario. truth divides and pierces us all. which is why peace is always shadowed in lies and half truths. compromise and negotiation, whilst bringing calm and truce, is based on lies and never on truth. to believe in your theory is one thing. to see it taken as fact is something which would divide our world and society as we know it.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Venus has lots of volcanoes. It rains there all the time and the raindrops are sulfuric acid. It's acid rain everyday on Venus. This is not my only theory based on gigantic phreatic eruptions. I believe a mega hydro-thermal eruption can launch material out into space. This is how the moon formed. This was how Hudson's Bay formed.

Krakatoa exploded and the "bang was heard in China. These eruptions are not your normal variety and they eject material in one or several large explosion and the material is launched like a rocket into incredible hieghts. It is this that allowed the ejected material to separate due to the differing layers. The gas clous wouldn't be too dense to fall back to earth under it's own wieght like many pyroclastic flows. These flows go so high, and even the magma changes in a short period of time and becomes gas. The water is the key and makes these eruptions different. The material doesn't erupt out in a pulse. Rather, the material is launched and ejected in a critical mass explosion. Not an explosive gas release in the magma. Also, being ejected a single, or a few major explosions and launched, these would be concentrated and the gases would cling together in a large cluster that wouldn't be wide spread and therefore weaker for being thinner. This sucker was one big blob. Or a big thick line of cloud that was narrow in focus. This is why the rain was limited to those cities on the plain on the Dead Sea. Only one out of five survived. Abraham survived because he could see the direction of the clouds approach and would have moved in the opposite direction. I think he went north. This is also why Egypt was not affected in the same way. Not exactly. I've been looking and there is some evidence of a volcano and the plagues and other stories, but, a rain of sulfur is not recorded. Only in the Dead Sea is hit in this way. After the storm hit the Dead Sea it would have lost much of it's power and would have been blow apart in the deserts. Only the Dead Sea area recieved the deadly cloud.

I've got every angle of the story covered. The only real debate may be about how far up in the air the material went. I'm sure geologists will say that Santorini sunk into the sea. Therefore they would have to argue the pyroclastic flow collapsed and the cloud was sent along the top of the sea like a toxic fog. Then it swept ashore and overcame the people of the valley. I would argue the material was ejected. Either way, a sulfuric cloud hit the holy land in the year, somewhere around 1610 BCE. Abraham witnessed this cloud while in Isreal 3600 years ago. And the story exists, and it's accurate. This is one of the most amazing aspects of all this. The story sounds to fantastic to be true. But it is. And it is very much like what is written.

It rained sulfur.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Lawgiver

All I can say is, I only seek one thing, the truth. And I care not about anything else. I've ripped mine own soul apart in order to get there. So, I care not. I speak only what rings in beautiful tones within my soul. That is why I believe I can see the truth in the story and this is why the truth speaks to me. I don't care about anyone, or anything, only the truth. And this light is what led me to this conclusion. Abraham looked out and saw a storm and heard a boom. That is the truth, and this is why I know it. I follow no faith. I follow truth. If something can be proven to be true. I believe. It has been proven that a large volcano in 1600 BCE exploded. I can see and investigate the evidence. My eyes see it. My ears hear a story that has words that are true. Rain. Sulfur. Salt. Fire. These things are physical and obey physical laws. These laws can be tested and therefore believed. The truth is in the science and in the words of our oral history. I am merely ignoring the parts that don't follow the rules of truth and evidence. This is not my opinoion of the facts. It is the only road you can follow when following the clues. It is the only place you can end up. I use the method of Holmes and deduction. It is impersonal and this fact is its own force. I wish I could excise it. I can't.

Well, that is what this attempt is. To give the curse to others. To have them take it from me and then maybe I can rest. I meant it when I said I didn't want to argue. I'm too passionate after the fact. Once, I find the truth, I take an oath to uphold that and forshake my own ego to uphold it's integrity. I really want to surrender to all my vices and perish in a self indulgent orgy of whatever. Can't. so. here i am

trying to tell stories.
trying to solve mysteries
trying to find the truth
trying to move on

Do you all know what our civilizations forget most?
It's the impact of volcanoes on human history.
Just check out the dark ages and the little mini ice age. It was caused by a series of volcanoes.
535ad it was a volcano
krakatoa
tombora
santorini thera
yellowstone

shh, most people don't even know that's a volcano. it's yogi bear's home that's all.

I understand politics and civilization live comfortably with half-truths. the fact is that i don't. hence my obsessive persuit of the truth.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

I believe it should say that Lot's wife dissolved as if she were a pillar of salt- in the rain- . A pillar of salt in the rain would dissolve. Remember it was rain.

Sorry.....but if your saying that we should believe what is written in the bible....then you can't start changing what is written to fit in with your theory.

As I said before....nice theory.....but a theory based on a 2000 year old work of fiction.....is a fictional theory.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

I didn't change the description of Lot's wife.

Genesis 19 26

"But his wife looked back from behind him, and she became a pillar of salt."

I say she was a pillar of salt- in the rain. It was raining sulfur. And she was a pillar of salt. What happens to a pillar of salt in the rain. It dissolves. I'm just following exactly the logic regarding a pillar of salt in a rain of sulfur. It's not the most solid of things. Salt I mean. How long does a pillar of salt last? Not long. See how you need to be literal and not over think the problem.

Sorry, it's not a 2000 year old piece of fiction. It is the remants of a 3366 year old oral history. This is the reason it has endured. Abraham witness an event which destroyed the cities of a region. He saw the burned cities. He had seen the storm approach. His family kept the story of the disaster and passed it from one generation to the next. In all honesty, they did a damned good job in keeping the story in tact. All the elements are correct. It's our interpretations which add in other aspects and alternative explanations. Following the story, I have found the answers and they are very exact.

Lot's wife turned into a pillar of salt. An author today couldn't do a better job at decribing what happened to her when she was caught in a sufuric acid rainstorm. She literally turned into a pillar of salt and dissolved.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join