It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deputies: Man put kittens in freezer

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Rubicant13

As your post is seething with sarcasm, do you feel that these cruel acts should unpunished?

Of course not! The person should have the book thrown at him!

I've stated a few times that I in no way condone cruelty to animals. My point was and still is that it's a waste of money for a police officer to be driving animals to a shelter. There must be some tree huggers in the area why couldn't they transport the kittens?

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I'm all for compassionate treatment of animals, and as another poster pointed out, this is pretty humane compared to animals killed in the wild, or hit by cars etc.

Around here, if someone's dog has too many puppies, or cats/kittens etc., they tend to drown them.

Why? Because it could be too much stress for the mother and the entire group will suffer. It could be that the owner does not have enough money to support the new dog family. Maybe the owner just doesn't want to deal with the puppies/kittens.

How do you suggest dealing with that situation?

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Philippines

Okay I better quit because I'm just digging a deeper hole with every post.

I didn't mean to offend anyone with my comments on this thread my apologies if you were offended.

I'm glad the kitties are okay and I hope the guy spends a few nights in jail.

Peace.

edit on 4-12-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

It's okay cavalryscout. I know you don't hate kitties.

Remember: This too shall pass!

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout
reply to post by Rubicant13

Of course not! The person should have the book thrown at him!

I've stated a few times that I in no way condone cruelty to animals. My point was and still is that it's a waste of money for a police officer to be driving animals to a shelter. There must be some tree huggers in the area why couldn't they transport the kittens?

A waste of money driving kittens to an animal shelter?
Are you reading the words you are typing, and comprehend how parsimonious you are sounding!?!?!
....wholy wow....

....some people... lol

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I really hate cats. But im glad this guy got taken into custody. It was cruel and a good indication of what he may do to humans down the line. If anything they may have prevented a crime in the possible future (Minority Report). As for wasting tax dollars? he brought some cats to a shelter to get help noble gesture and the moral thing to do i would say. I bet they waste more tax dollars on other useless things that would really get under your skin.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   

reply to post by zysin5

Settle down.

My point was merely I found it to be a bit much for the deputies to "transport" the freaking cats.

Man you people have some weird cat fetish thing going on.

Your response to this was disgusting. Try to look at the bigger picture here and not worry about the few measly bucks that you probably contribute in taxes. I find that the people that most complain about their tax dollars are usually the ones that contribute less. You should settle down and stop trivializing a cruel act.

The man broke the law. It doesn't matter if the victims were humans or kittens.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   

All the more reason to show compassion for life then to de evolve to a situation where economical decisions are made based on someone's or something's value.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by StalkerSolent

The difference being, is that the predators are doing what nature designed them to do, be predators. As oppossed to a human killing wastefully and maliciously, for no good reason.

And cats aren't wild animals. A mountain lion kitten, lynx, or tiger, is, but not a house cat.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Use your precious guns for something useful for a change, Americans. Mete justice by duly shooting this cretin in the face.

He'll likely only get a fine he cannot pay and who knows if it will be only kittens he 'preserves' next time...

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
This kinda thing just makes me flaming mad on all levels this man is clearly a sicko ..All cruel acts against animals should be punishable by law.. thank god most of these poor Kitty's lived there just adorable..peace,sugarcoolkie1

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
The only way that this man (if we can call him human
) is to treat him in the same way he did to those poor, defenceless kittens, put him in the freezer to teach him a lesson.

I can't stand people like this, if he thinks that was cool, treat him with the same thing, he'll learn only if it's done unto him as he did to them.

OP, I'm glad there are others out here still who care. I see throughout this thread there are still very good people on this earth and they make me smile.
Thanks for the thread.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

I'm for the death penalty. Not even kidding. No hatred, some people just can not be in this world, he's one of them.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   

reply to post by zysin5

So just what is it you are saying here? Baloney that the kittens get the health care they needed from being put in a freezer? Please chose your next words very carefully there.

YES.

I think it's nonsense that public workers are rescuing kittens.

What - so you hate me now?

Well, geez i feel the same about you. I hope those public workers like cops or paramedics never come to your rescue either. People like you aren't worth rescuing, in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
At least when i put kittens in the freezer they are already dead. This guy is sick.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
If it's a kitten, it's a NO-NO

If it's a chicken.........it's left-overs

Okay, bad joke aside, the guy tortured an animal, and that's morally wrong.

But have you ever killed a snake and then found out it was a harmless species?

Have you ever killed a mouse in one of those glue traps and listened to it screech
while it died?

How about that poor spider you squashed underfoot without a thought?

Oh, I know....those are PESTS aren't they. And isn't it convenient that YOU get to decide
what is a pest and what is not a pest....

Maybe, you could help me out a little bit...a stray cat's litter of kittens have grown into
small cats. They are tearing up my window-screens and keep crawling into my truck at
night and sleeping on my seats causing me allergies.....can I consider them as pests and kill them?

Or is there like a form or something I have to fill out to make sure they are really pests and
not a member of the "cute and cuddly" protected list?
edit on 4-12-2012 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by rival

the guy tortured an animal, and that's morally wrong.

Tortured multiple and killed one. I agree it's morally wrong. I would say very morally wrong.

Oh, I know....those are PESTS aren't they. And isn't it convenient that YOU get to decide
what is a pest and what is not a pest....

ME? I didn't decide. It's a collective decision made by the society you live in. Indeed each have their version of which animals are companions and which are food. Adhere to it, or move to another society with a compatible list of 'pests'.

Maybe, you could help me out a little bit...a stray cat's litter of kittens have grown into
small cats. They are tearing up my window-screens and keep crawling into my truck at
night and sleeping on my seats causing me allergies.....can I consider them as pests and kill them?

You're an empath? Try using some of your empathy powers and come up with some solutions before resorting to death. Hope I helped.
edit on 4-12-2012 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

I have said that I'm glad the kittens are okay. I've also said it was a waste of taxpayer dollars. I stand firm on both statements.

You can't stand firm on both those statements as they are in contradiction. It was the result of taxpayer dollars (so very minimal) that allowed the kittens to be okay.

I hope the guy spends a few nights in jail.

I would hope for a harsher consequence than a few days in jail, but as a member of the 'cute and cuddly brigade' I am biased.
edit on 4-12-2012 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Circumstance

reply to post by zysin5

So just what is it you are saying here? Baloney that the kittens get the health care they needed from being put in a freezer? Please chose your next words very carefully there.

YES.

I think it's nonsense that public workers are rescuing kittens.

What - so you hate me now?

Well, geez i feel the same about you. I hope those public workers like cops or paramedics never come to your rescue either. People like you aren't worth rescuing, in my opinion.

Wow!

That wasn't very nice. Just remember words can hurt. Now if you'll excuse me I have something in my eye....
edit on 4-12-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

I would never kill those cats or harm them. I carry spiders outside and trap mice and put them out.

My take is that we humans have a very myopic view of morality in regard to the other animals
that inhabit this planet with us. We esteem the cute and cuddly mammal over the insect, but both
(after all) are alive. My problem is the ease with which we pass moral judgement on other species
from our protected vantage point at the top of the food chain.

I just took my daughter to school and told her about this OP and her take was that this was an instance of cruelty...and she was correct, this man was cruel for no reason, I cede that point and realize that this post does not address that topic directly. That topic is one for the heart, where emotion rules the day. My perspective is more about exposing the way we humans arbitrarily lord over our fellow companion species with our "completely made up" morality.

My take is that we humans protect species that we enjoy--because the kitten is cute and cuddly, with
soft fluffy fur that is pleasing and sensual to the touch, because it exhibits an apparent endowment of
personality akin to our own, that we feel a kinship and become protective. But it is really just a self-serving
morality.

We treat farm chickens on large corporate chicken farms terribly...they are tortured their entire lives.
But not much is spoken about that. Our cattle are treated better in most cases but I drive truck
and can tell you that when led to slaughter, as they are led up the killing ramp, they have a real
and true fear in their eyes....and not much is said about that.

But be cruel to a kitten, and out come the claws....

I suppose I am just a hypocritical as the next person; I kill flies and stomp on ant beds etc...
But I think we should pause a bit, and have look at our own hypocrisy when we suddenly
get angry about something cute and cuddly being mistreated....that's my point

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join