It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will a Secret Private Manned Mission to the Moon Be Announced This Week?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Saint Exupery

Only He3 offers the possibility of profit...

Since it is NOT used commercially anywhere, there is no profit from it.

Since you mentioned diamons and gold.
You could have bags on diamonds and bars of gold waiting for you on the surface. But the cost of the trip exceeds the value of the cargo.
Do the math.

Then add the cost to ship mining equipment, personell. Forget about it.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by tawewe
Enough of the conspiracies:

Here's the truth.

the-moon-base-project.webs.com...

uhhhm similar idea, but uhhhm...well here's a quote from that webpage :
"So far, it's just me on this project but am hoping others with similar interest(s) and knowledge will contribute to this project by helping us all find out the truth. "

yeah....lets try these guys : Golden Spike Company (the ones cited in the Wired and Popular Mechanics story) they have a facebook page www.facebook.com... cant find a company website though ? ? ?

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Richard Branson and pals are planning a trip to the moon.

Branson: Off To The Moon!

The Virgin tycoon, 62, is said to be among a small team of billionaires investing in a commercially funded lunar mission.

edit on 4-12-2012 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TheHistorian

I have not read the post yet, I will right away.
But I had to say, I love your title. I would marry that title.
That's all.
Thanks.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by drakus

I simply took the headline off of the website I found it on. I can't take credit for the awesome irony.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by HowSoYouSay

Actually with a lower gravity than earth we could use the moon for launching exploration vehicles to places further out in space. A permenant station there for future launches would be cheaper and easier than leaving from earth.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
If anyone is going to get us into space it will be private enterprise and good on them

If that is what it takes to get manned flights past the idea of orbit then I am all for it, for too long we have sent robots in place of where we ought to be. There is ways and means of travelling through space and our governments have all but given up on this prospect.

The problem at the end of the day though is money. The only people who can beat that problem is money makers and thats a problem in itself.

How will this pay for itself? Prospecting?

Anyways I'm all for it if it gets us in space voyaging again

Just to add like many have mentioned about payload that will depend on how we get into space, our atmosphere is a problem but it could be our friend too, I'm sure if their is a consortium of businessmen they will have ideas for all the in's and out's of the ideas of space travel and will of thought thoroughly about this problem. Ideally they would have a space production station, It's not ideal bringing everything back so keep it up there till needed.
We could bring cargo down on gliders we know our atmosphere well enough to do this and that's just an idea of the top of my head, the main problem is viable method up into space.... something cheap and re-usable something the private sector is getting closer too.

scale up the U2 plane would be the plan, something that can get into orbit.Build production station and then use the station to create vessels to be launched at the moon or drop cargo at Earth. simple in the long run

edit on 4-12-2012 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
BRING BACK ELVIS !!!..

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
But I thought the moon was hollow and was actually an arificial satelite
put there to control our brains with waves.

So, We're finally going to actually land on the moon then I guess.
I wonder who's filming hte footage this time, Spielberg?

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by samkent
reply to post by Saint Exupery

Only He3 offers the possibility of profit...

Since it is NOT used commercially anywhere, there is no profit from it.

That's what I said. "Possibility of profit" is not profit. Also, perhaps you missed that list of capitalized & italicized "IFs" to qualify the comment.

Since you mentioned diamons and gold.
You could have bags on diamonds and bars of gold waiting for you on the surface. But the cost of the trip exceeds the value of the cargo.

That's what I said:

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV RIGHT HERE VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Originally posted by Saint Exupery
If the Moon was made of nothing but gold, platinum, silver, & diamonds, it still would not be anywhere near profitable to go and mine them.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ RIGHT HERE ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Do the math.

Read the post you're responding to.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Posted this one yesterday!

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Think this new info is at all related to Robert Bigelow? I watched.the jesse ventura episode on skinwalker ranch today after I read.this post and that man, mr. bigelow, is very connected and is spearheading connectable space modules in orbit. I believe he is planning a manned mission soon, though i'm not sure if it is to the moon or what.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TheHistorian

Is this a serious inquiry?Well I guess it is not so secret,or private if it is to be announced...lol love the introductory,as if it were some new profound secret data release. funny stuff
keep it coming

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
A press conference will take place tomorrow giving the details. Here is the text of the media advisory:

MEDIA ADVISORY

GOLDEN SPIKE COMPANY ANNOUNCEMENT ON COMMERCIAL HUMAN LUNAR EXPLORATION

Thursday, December 6, 2012

WHO: Golden Spike Company

WHAT: The Golden Spike Company (GSC), a U.S.-based commercial space company led by former NASA Executives, invites you to attend a game-changing announcement about the future of commercial human space travel to the Moon. President and CEO Dr. Alan Stern and Chairman of the Board Gerry Griffin will unveil GSC – the first company planning to offer routine exploration expeditions to the surface of the Moon by the end of the decade. The company will provide regular and reliable expeditions at prices that are a fraction of any lunar program ever conceived until now. There will be a media conference, which will be followed by a question and answer period.

WHEN: 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. (EST)

Thursday, December 6, 2012

WHERE: The National Press Club

Bloomberg Room

529 14th Street, NW, 13th Floor

Washington, DC, 20045

edit on 5-12-2012 by Keeval because: Changed quote to ex tag

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by vc2099

Again...

Richard Branson and pals are planning a trip to the moon.

Branson: Off To The Moon!

The Virgin tycoon, 62, is said to be among a small team of billionaires investing in a commercially funded lunar mission.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Thanks for re-clarifying.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Launch a launching pad using balloons as high as they can go then launch rocket from there. Save a heck of a lot of money I reckon (said with no technical or financial knowledge of such things at all).

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join