It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Biggest Lie in Medicine: The Cholesterol Conspiracy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Excess lipids cause inflammation.
reply to post by antonia

Nowhere have I read this, EVER. Please link up a source to this, since you seem to have read all the pertinent literature.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

I have gone round and around with my husband over cholesterol
and blood pressure,mine! I refuse to take any medications for these
"conditions". Just by cutting back on salty foods my blood pressure
dropped some.I am married to the main reason why I have high blood
pressure.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

LOL! A spouse can add more to a blood pressure reading than any thing else under the sun. So funny!

Thanks for the laugh, Mama Beth!

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Yes, I have heard of that study. It found HDL cholesterol to be protective against heart disease. The other problem is when one is in ill health their cholesterol naturally plummets as their food intake does as well and this can explain why people with lower cholesterol die earlier-They were already sick. Heck, after heart attacks most people actually have lower cholesterol. This has been explained numerous times. I linked a very long explanation already. You can take it or leave it, but the Framingham heart study does implicate LDL cholesterol as a risk factor for heart disease. I'm not sure you were reading the same data as everyone else has been. The Framingham study has never been used to disprove the lipid hypothesis.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

It is well established certain fats can and do cause inflammation while some can alleviate it.
newsblaze.com...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Sorry, but you are very wrong on that count.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
double post opps
edit on 3-12-2012 by antonia because: opps

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

You do know that the liver synthesizes the majority of cholesterol which circulates in our blood, right? If cholesterol levels are high, and this has to do with our diet, I seriously doubt it has to do directly with the extra bump in cholesterol from our diet. We'll synthesize and absorb less, naturally, if that's best. The inflammation theory makes much more sense, intuitively. While some lipids may damage, it's absurd to think the minimal cholesterol we intake is the main factor in this inflammation process. Just think it through for a minute.
edit on 3-12-2012 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
reply to post by antonia

. While some lipids may damage, it's absurd to think the minimal cholesterol we intake is the main factor in this inflammation process.]

Minimal cholesterol? Really, you do know the diet of the average american right? There is nothing minimal about their intake. Anything above what your own body produces is simply excess. I did not say cholesterol was the main factor in this inflammation.
edit on 3-12-2012 by antonia because: opps

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Interesting thread. Will keep an eye on this thread.

Was reading an article the other day along this line.

Life insurance companies know a surprising secret about cholesterol that most doctors never tell patients: When it comes to rating your risk for a fatal heart attack, the least important cholesterol number is your level of LDL (bad) cholesterol. In fact, life insurance actuaries don’t even look at LDL levels, because large studies show it’s the worst predictor of heart attack risk

health.yahoo.net...

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I had a doctor attempt to prescribe statins after one "possibly iffy" blood pressure reading and blood chart as a "preventative measure".

Needless to say I never went back to that doctor, continued focusing on dietary changes as my preventative measure, and the next time I was measured (new doctor) of course things were fine. And continue to be so... at least regarding that aspect of health. Other aspects may be taking their toll but they are voluntary activities, haha.

Thank you for the thread OP!
edit on 4-12-2012 by ErgoTheConclusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
s&f.

I know a lot about cholesterol. When we restrict cholesterol too much it is taken from the area that has the highest concentration to use for necessary functions in the body. That just happens to be the brain. Learned that from a Dr I know twenty years ago at least. It is still true.

I've read hundreds of articles on this over the last six years, add that to another hundred before that. I have never been concerned of cholesterol levels being high. Your article addresses many of the issues I know, including the deceptions that make more people go in for testing. Every test costs money, that money comes from somewhere.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Blessings... Great post...

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Researched this not long back, so will add a couple of things I found :

Images below are from this page, which has a lot of history as to how this started out : Enjoy Saturated Fats, They’re Good for You! - by Donald W. Miller, Jr., MD

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Well here goes.In my mid thirties I was diagnosed with high cholesterol. The first stantin had just come out and ny doctor after months of testing,my doctor decided that because i was adopted and my family history was unknow that it would be prudent to take the new stantin drug. The drug was called Mevacor. This was nasty stuff,but the alternatives at the time were much worse. The side effects bordered on disabling.joint and muscle pain. Depressed liver function,and other effects which I won't relate. My liver increased in size by 20% as my body clearly didn't like this drug.

I took this drug for years and my insurance covered the high cost of the drug.After about ten years of taking this drug,the insurance company sent my doctor a letter stating that they would no longer cover this drug. I was then placed on a new at the time drug called Prevachol. I took this stantin for several years until I lost my medical coverage due to a layoff.

This drug had almost the same symptoms as the Mevacor did,just not so severe. When I knew that I could no longer take the drug due to the cost and lack of insurance, I decided to do some research on the whole cholesterol thing. I spent three days on the internet researching stantins and the problem with cholesterol. Here's what I found. No study at the time had any....that's any conclusive proof that cholesterol had anything to do with causing coronary artery disease. The studies alluded to a connection but there was no concrete proof.All the studies,when I tracked the funding traced right back to the drug companies.

So the studies were funded by the same companies that were pushing the drugs in the first place.What a suprise right? Guess why they tried so hard to show a link that was not really there to begin with.

Any way I stopped taking the drug and within a few days of stopping I started to feel better. I went back to the diet that I had given up many years before. I felt even better.When I was taking the stantins I got colds and the flu frequently. I haven't gotten a cold more that twice since giving up stantins and the flu not at all. Its been about ten years since I've been off them and I feel great.

I agree that these unneeded drugs are a part of the eugenics program and the drug companies are a big part of that.there's no money in cures.They don't want that. After doing research on high fructose corn syrup, I have become convinced that this crap is at the root of the diabeties and obesity problem in this country. The way it works in the body points at both of these problems.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Um....the first article you posted links BODY FAT to inflammatory conditions, and this is not being discussed here. Nobody is arguing that being overweight has its own inflammatory problems, so I'm unsure why you used that link. Perhaps you misunderstood me, and you need to go back and READ MY OP AGAIN.

The second article took 14 people and fed them an isocaloric meal, of which saturated fat was involved. It does not say what the meal consisted of in particular, which I think would be of paramount importance. Plus, I don't believe that only 14 people in a study can really say a whole lot. The definition of "isocaloric meal":

The isocaloric diet is a moderate-carbohydrate, moderate-fat diet that allows dieters to eat whatever they want as long as they consume the same amount of carbohydrates, proteins and fats daily. Promising quick weight loss with minimal muscle loss, the isocaloric diet is popular among bodybuilders.

www.ehow.com...

Therefore, there were CARBOHYDRATES fed to these 14 study participants. When you eat fat and carbs together, it isn't good.

I cannot consider either of your links to be of any value when it comes to your statement that eating fat in and of itself raises cholesterol, and causes heart disease. It almost appears to me that you are so desperate to prove me wrong that you are grasping at straws.

edit on 4-12-2012 by FissionSurplus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

That's very interesting. Insurance companies would certainly hold it against people that had high LDL cholesterol if they thought it was a risk factor. Apparently, they do not.

Thanks for the info!

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConclusion

Statins as a "preventative" measure is truly malpractice!! Good for you that you never went back to that doc!

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I was prescribed staten drugs for high cholesterol by my VA primary care doctor about 9 years ago.. The effect they had on my mind and body was horrible.. I was able to take 3000 mile trips on a motorcycle before taking that stuff even though I was being treated with narcotic pain medicine.. I began to feel a little bit better physically after I quit taking the statens but my cognitive abilities were far from what they had been . Until I recently began taking food supplements and vitamins I thought I was having an early onset of dementia but I think I'm slowly getting better... I still have elevated cholesterol but I'll never take statens again, it is the most devastating stuff I've ever ingested into my body.. I have been drinking a cocktail of water, powdered chlorella and spirulina for the last 3 weeks to see if it would do anything to help me with my situation... I think it has..

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Thanks, rickymouse. It is a deception. I still maintain that trying to get people to lower the very thing that could allow their brains and immune systems to work more effectively is a form of "soft kill"

Since we're obviously meat eaters in this country, I guess the statins are hurrying up the process a bit!

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

Thanks, Mr. Clark. Are you really from Serbia? My father was born there.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join