It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voyager 1 detects unpredicted new realm at edge of Solar System: Magnetic Highway

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by squiz

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I didn't mean magnetic field lines I was referring to Ley lines which are linked to the Chinese concept of feng shui and represent the Earth's energy grid and it's vortices where many ancient structures can be found.

edit on 4-12-2012 by ArchaicDesigns because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

It's like trying to break out of the yolk into the whites.
#sack
#membrane
#magnetic/electric embryo

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by atopsecret
Just some interesting facts.

1. Speed 37,000 mph

Source

That is insane didn't realise it was going that fast. I'm guessing that's possible because no wind/gravity, surely would of ran out of fuel years ago?

Also must be the quickest ever vehicle invented by man??

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by MystikStylez
Very interesting to say the least.. has anyone entertained the Idea that the voyager leaving the solar system could in some way Correlate with the Dec 21st long count end? Whether it is information transmitted back that changes everything in a positive light/ unites mankind. Or to play devils advocate for all you pessimists, an Alien entity tracks its trajectory back to earth? lol

Yeah, I think a few have mentioned this, it is interesting that this coincides with the contactable lifespan of Voyager and the Dec 21st predictions.

Last year, IBEX already sent information that altered the standard model of the Solar System, in that there is no Bow Shock, instead a Heliosheath area of magnetic bubble 'froth', and now the layer of ''Magnetic Highway''. It would be awesome for more exciting discoveries as Voyager enters the Galaxy from the Solar System.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Riposte

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth
it wasn't predicted

Haha oh yeah really? I guess you only read articles from NASA and the Bad Astronomy forum then, huh?
edit on 4-12-2012 by Riposte because: (no reason given)

It wasn't predicted as it varies from the hypothesised Standard Model, simple as.

Whilst Plasma Cosmologists and Electric Universe theorists, as well as many interested in science, me included, see this as not surprising the net wasn't exactly swamped with this exact prediction was it?

Of course your post just looks like an attempt at being annoying, feel free not to reply.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
So screw hypersonic drives, we just need a big magnet with the opposite attraction and zoom zoom to the stars ^^

really wish they put any kind of camera on the thing, hell id even take old crappy black and white ^^ would be so freakin cool to really see/not see whats out there. we could be flying through an intergalactic junk yard and not even know it 8o(

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~widowmaker~
So screw hypersonic drives, we just need a big magnet with the opposite attraction and zoom zoom to the stars ^^

really wish they put any kind of camera on the thing, hell id even take old crappy black and white ^^ would be so freakin cool to really see/not see whats out there. we could be flying through an intergalactic junk yard and not even know it 8o(

There is a camera, it has been disabled, as well as some other instruments....perhaps due to sensitivity zones or power saving?.

Though photo's of these new areas would be awesome.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 5-12-2012 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   

i wonder if this 'particle highway' will have any sort of relevance to any fulfillment of the Mayan myth of the 'serpent cord' connecting our solar system to the black hole at the galactic center....(hypothesized as a wormhole)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge

i wonder if this 'particle highway' will have any sort of relevance to any fulfillment of the Mayan myth of the 'serpent cord' connecting our solar system to the black hole at the galactic center....(hypothesized as a wormhole)

I have only read a bit of Mayan prophesies, particularly the calender thing, though there are a lot of comments arising on the thread that sound interesting. Perhaps they foreseen something like this, I mentioned it on a thread on page 3, about black holes causing vast columns of magnetism, these are two twisted columns, like a helix.
www.thedailystar.net...

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Could this be the "ninth Passageway" as quoted in the "Terra Papers"? If so, it's supposedly a busy trade route, if so this could be a precursor to disclosure? wouldn't that be ironic, we've been looking for evidence of life elsewhere and we're sat right next to the busiest trade route in the Galaxy.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I am confused......Wouldn't we find out about what is happening today in 35 years from now??

Or what we are hearing about today happened 35 years ago?? But the Voyager left 35 years ago, so it can't be at this point this fast, right??

There is something fishy with this to me.......

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Magnetic Universe

Some will say forseen, some will say predicted...

The Milky Way itself was much venerated by the Maya. They called it the World Tree (also tree of life), which was represented by a tall and majestic flowering tree, the Ceiba. The Milky Way was also called the Wakah Chan. Wak means "Six" or "Erect". Chan or K'an means "Four", "Serpent" or "Sky".

The Maya portrayed the Ecliptic in their artwork as a Double-Headed Serpent. The ecliptic is the path of the sun in the sky which is marked by the constellations of fixed stars. Here the moon and the planets can be found because they are bound, like the Earth, to the sun.

The ecliptic crosses over the Milky Way at a 61 degree angle, forming a celestial cross that the Maya mythologized as their Sacred Tree, or Crossroads. The dark rift begins in the nuclear bulge of the Milky Way, which is the visually large area in which the center of our Milky Way galaxy is located. The sun, every year, moves once around the ecliptic; it thus crosses through the dark rift and the nuclear bulge once every year. The exact date on which this happens has been shifting, due to a slow movement called the precession of the equinoxes. This astronomical phenomenon is caused by the slow wobbling of the earth on its axis, with one wobble completed in approximately 26,000 years.

The shifting is best defined by using one of the solar year’s quarter points, such as the equinox; thus, the precession of the equinox. However, the shifting applies equally to the solstices. As a result, the position of the December solstice sun has been slowly shifting along the ecliptic for thousands of years, converging with, crossing over, and slowly passing background features such as stars, constellations and, most importantly, the bright band of the Milky Way. The December solstice sun will, in fact, be aligned with the dark rift in the Milky Way in the years around 2012. A striking fact in all of this is that the 13-baktun cycle of the Maya’s Long Count calendar – a period of 5,125.36 years – ends on the December solstice of 2012, December 21, 2012.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Exoplanets and deep space travel are my biggest interest, so I would be very curious to see how it goes. So... for 35 years or some more, a craft is able to leave the solar system. Too bad there is no craft sent to take pictures far far away.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I'm always amazed by the ability some humans posses to find the way to insert their ideas in any conversation, even if it has absolutely NOTHING to do with what they are talking about.....

Shall we discuss the difference between a layer and a pathway?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
I am confused......Wouldn't we find out about what is happening today in 35 years from now??

If I understand what you mean by that, that would be the case if Voyager was 35 light years away from the Earth, which is not the case (it's just some light hours away).

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein

Or what we are hearing about today happened 35 years ago?? But the Voyager left 35 years ago, so it can't be at this point this fast, right??

There is something fishy with this to me.......

It is around 16 hours for communication transit according to source.

en.wikipedia.org...

Communication system
The radio communication system of Voyager 1 was designed to be used up to and beyond the limits of the solar system during the extremely long flight of this space probe. The communication system includes a 3.7 meter diameter parabolic dish high-gain antenna (see diagram) to send and receive radio waves via the three Deep Space Network stations on the Earth. These modulated waves are placed in the S-band (about 13 cm in wavelength) and X-band (about 3.6 cm in wavelength) which provided a bit rate as high as 115.2 kilobits per second when Voyager 1 was at the distance of Jupiter from the Earth, and many fewer kilobits per second at larger distances. When Voyager 1 is unable to communicate directly with the Earth, its digital tape recorder (DTR) can record up to 62,500 kilobytes of data for transmission at another time.[9] The length of time needed to send messages to Voyager 1 or to receive messages on the Earth depends on the straight-line distance between the two according to the simple equation t = D/c, where D is the distance and c is the speed of light (about 300,000 km/s). As noted below at the February 8, 2012 entry under Events, the communications signal transit time is over 16 hours.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor
Exoplanets and deep space travel are my biggest interest, so I would be very curious to see how it goes. So... for 35 years or some more, a craft is able to leave the solar system. Too bad there is no craft sent to take pictures far far away.

I guess things like Hubble and Spitzer are giving pretty good images.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
i really hope something or some one finds these voyager dudes, would be epic is someone turned up n was like m8 heres your rubbish back , on buy the way we have the cure for all your diseases

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by tommo2522
i really hope something or some one finds these voyager dudes, would be epic is someone turned up n was like m8 heres your rubbish back , on buy the way we have the cure for all your diseases

It would be great, or maybe they could attach some post it's to it, perhaps some pictures, perhaps a space Banksy could draw their own alien self portrait on it, something, anything.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Let's hope they don't show up with Voyager saying:
"You think we wouldn't notice your toy leaving? The conditions of your probation was to not leave your bubble till we said you could. Don't give me that 'what probation' nonsense. You really didn't know? Well, ignorance is no excuse for breaking the law."

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join