It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYC Homeless Man Shoeless Again Despite Boots

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Not only was it a great little photo op for NYPD.... But now a great way to slight the homeless folks...

The News strikes again...

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I find it rather disgusting that some feel they're in a position to judge the homeless. There is a lot I could say on this topic, though most of the good points have been raised already.

What I will say is that until or unless you've been in that kind of position, you have no idea what it's really like, and no real "right" to judge others. Sure, you've got a right to your opinion. But so didn't Hitler.

And having read a psychology textbook, or taken a psychology course definitely doesn't make you qualified to judge. Especially since many of the homeless on the streets are the very product of the failed mental-health system.

It's quite easy to judge when you're living in a cozy home, and have little in common with the person you're judging. Why some people choose to be control-freaks and think that everyone and everything must fit their neat little definitions of the world, I'm afraid I may never understand. And I thank god for that...because from what I've learned in life, one usually has to walk a mile in a man's shoes before they can even begin to truly understand him.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I was referring to a statement that the NY Times found him on a Sunday "wandering aimlessly".

In the latest, he is said to have section 8 housing.
Well, Iooked up the relatives the Daily Mail "tracked down".
Really? How so?
Because he is the only Jeffrey Hillman?

The photo is definitely photoshopped.
The cop does not cast the same sharp edged shadow. It looks blurred and like a double take.
The shoe rack doesn't cast a shadow at all.
The windows to the store are blurred on purpose because whatever the guy was originally sitting in front
of probably wasn't a shoe store.

There are two versions of the photo also. The one in the OP's post here isn't the same as the one in the other thread about how he 'isn't even homeless.
That photo is cropped.

I looked up Jeffrey Hillman and couldn't relate it to this.
However in the miraculous contacting of Tisha and Kirk Hillman by "The Daily Mail", who has made photo-shopping their online photos an art form, I looked up and found them connected to Kerriam Hillman 44.
Found a rap sheet from California on Kerriam showing he was arrested for sexual contact with a minor under 14.
Posted his photo.
Got not one response on this thread about that.

This whole thing according to the words of the alleged photographer it seems like this whole thing was a set-up
from the get go.
Good publicity for cops. As is attested to in the Daily Mail's last photograph that states that exactly.
It says This is good publicity for the NYPD! Well no sh*te.
It might also be timely for draconian cuts that are due out of Washington soon for "entitlements".

If you want to see the photo forensics for the pic:

fotoforensics.com...
Click on the metadata also.

See the cut line around the cop? Note the patch was changed also. Could well indicate it had a different
one or none at all in the original.

Anyway, point being, the whole story is an ongoing scam by the woman and apparently the NYPD enabled
by the media to become, "viral".

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
What is THIS?! A homeless man is being held accountable for HIS boots! The op got an unsatisfactory answer from this one homeless man in nyc! This proves ALL homeless are lazy vagrants that dont deserve ANYTHING but to disappear, as opposed to the beacon of god's graces; the wealthy. End entitlement programs! End social security, medicare, welfare and any help whatsoever to the poor, sick or disabled (specially if theyre minorities). Dont have money? Well, ask your parents, church or neighbors then! They wont help? Then DIE, scum!

Atlas must be made to critically shrug once and for all. Make the bush tax cuts permanent for the rich (the job creators who carry the mantle of OUR creator - god) and end the minimum wage! Repeal obamacare! Free markets and too big to fail monoplitic fascist monsters are here to stay as deciders for society.

The poor are thieving, conniving scum. The rich are closest to god, obviously by the great wealth blessed and bestowed upon them. A whisper against the rich is blasphemy, a scream against the poor is justified anger.

There you go, op, I completed your job here for ya.

You can leave forever now.

edit on 4-12-2012 by Snoopy1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
If some rich guy came along and bought me and my struggling family a Ferrari as a gift then I'm sorry but as much as we do need a car... I'm still going to have to sell his gift. It would be worth so much money to us that I'd be absolutely stupid to keep it! Also we can't really keep it in this neighborhood or it would be stolen before you know it.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by polarwarrior
If some rich guy came along and bought me and my struggling family a Ferrari as a gift then I'm sorry but as much as we do need a car... I'm still going to have to sell his gift. It would be worth so much money to us that I'd be absolutely stupid to keep it! Also we can't really keep it in this neighborhood or it would be stolen before you know it.

I've seen so many really terrible analogies around here, that I absolutely felt compelled to give you a star for this decent one.

Well done.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Wow...words cannot express how I feel. That is unbelievable! I just...wow. I think we can all agree that that is messed up. Unreal.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by LestatIsReal

Unreal? More than you know.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

Very insight ful !! Plus a gift should be given without strings

running with the wolves

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by MyMindIsMyOwn
do they force her to take the money where she politely refuses clothes, shoes or other kinds of assistance?

Actually .. yes. People walk up to her and put money in her hand or put it in her 'bags' (she's kind of a bag lady). She says 'no' but they do it anyways. She walks over to the 'poor box' and puts it in. She doesn't want it and they don't take it back. I've seen this more times than I can count.

I am sure that if someone were to give you a gift, especially a stranger, you would not appreciate them or anyone else, telling you what you should do or should have done with it.

The NYC dude is pulling a scam. It looks pretty silly to say otherwise.
But stick to your opinion if you like ...

reply to post by iwilliam

Another blah blah blah ... flame post.
The dude is pulling a SCAM. He isn't homeless, but he sits out on the street pretending to be. He's got shoes but instead sits in the freezing cold without shoes so that people will give him more $$ or goods. And statistics show that he most likely will be hooked on booze or drugs in addition to being mentally unbalanced.

Jeeeze people ...
Deal with reality instead of rainbows and unicorns.

reply to post by Snoopy1978

What a load of crap. No one said any of that. No one even insinuated it.

And that people actually gave you stars for that? Shameful ... really. :shk:

edit on 12/5/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

I am sure that if someone were to give you a gift, especially a stranger, you would not appreciate them or anyone else, telling you what you should do or should have done with it.

The NYC dude is pulling a scam. It looks pretty silly to say otherwise.
But stick to your opinion if you like ...

LOL, well I see that any kind of meaningful debate with you is pretty much pointless. I am willing to conceed some points of this story to your view point. However, I will indeed stick to my opinion that there is a mental illness in play here rather than any kind of scam and I don't care if a person of your lik thinks that is silly. I would like to point out here that while I have tried to push you to at least try to see another point of view could be possible, I've never called your opinion silly nor laughed at you for holding such a differing opinion than myself. Challenged your opinion yes, but never called you silly for holding a differing view point than myself.

All I can say is that I hope you never ever find yourself in Jeffrey's position with the world looking at you with your current view point of him or others in his position.
edit on 5-12-2012 by MyMindIsMyOwn because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join