It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deadly Bacteria That Defy Drugs of Last Resort

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Here are a few links on the issue:

www.usatoday.com...
www.thenorthwestern.com... FRONTPAGE%7Cs&gcheck=1&nclick_check=1
______beforeitsnews/health/2012/12/mysterious-bacteria-superbug-spreading-like-wildfifre-across-country-and-it-cant-be-stopped-2459980.html

It was bound to happen, I think. with the arms race modern medicine is having with bacteria. Personally I believe that suffering, illness and the like, are part of the human condition set forth by gods. in the east they talk about Karma.
When Modern medicine started to try to eliminate suffering an illness, that is when things started to get really bad. New viruses and conditions emerged that did not exist before.

I've posted a few threads threads about warnings from Nature about man kind's behavior -
www.abovetopsecret.com... Worlds Waters Turn Blood-Red
www.abovetopsecret.com... A stealth sign of disaster? Strange “Vibrations” Detected Throughout The United States

I have a feeling all of them are related. some say it has to do with Dec 21, but I am not convinced about the whole Maya calendar thing, I just thing Mankind is about to get some payback from the universe, (but all for good reasons)

G

edit on 12/3/2012 by semperfortis because: Do not post in all caps

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I think that Bacteria are getting stronger because of the warmer weather. Cold weather is what normally keeps Bacteria in check.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Bacteria are not getting stronger - it's our immune systems getting weaker due to all the interference via vaccines and the many Big Pharma Drugs.
That's ok it's exactly how they planned it! Population Control!

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gidonb4IN
Personally I believe that suffering, illness and the like, are part of the human condition set forth by gods. in the east they talk about Karma.

Tell that to the thousands of children who died and the tens of thousands left paralysed from polio in the early 20th century.

When Modern medicine started to try to eliminate suffering an illness, that is when things started to get really bad.

The child and adult mortality rates say otherwise.

New viruses and conditions emerged that did not exist before.

That's because bacteria evolve resistance to antibiotics, not because of "bad karma". If it wasn't for antibiotics there would be millions more preventable deaths each year.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by lostbook
I think that Bacteria are getting stronger because of the warmer weather. Cold weather is what normally keeps Bacteria in check.

It's evolution, and survival of the fittest. When antibiotics or antibacterial agents kill "99.9%" of bacteria, there is .1% of that strain that has a genetic mutation to survive what killed their weaker families. Then these bacteria reproduce. Creating new strains of stronger, faster, super Darwin bacteria with little bacterial superpowers.

...like lasers that shoot out of the eyes of the bacilli.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I think we have taken some wrong tunrs in medicine......
The money generated by the industry has spawned all kinds of sickening attrocities.....
Both on the part of the Medical practitioners, and the drug companies which lobby them....
Profits are the driver in medical practice, and health and humanity are thrown out the window in the rush to reap financial rewards unearned and definately undeserved by both houses....
Super bugs are partly the results of inattention to the essence of good medicine and good health practices.
Prions, (jakobs Creutzfelts disease) mad cow, etc, are still not sterilised from the surgical instruments of some facilities......
Poor sterilisation of facilities in general stem from the hiring of low wage slaves to do it.....
Conscientious attention to the details of sterilisation is not their bag.....
They want to put in time and go home to their TVs.
These hospital created germs are the result of those practices.
Sometimes it is my suspicion that drug companies themselves have created conditions that require their products but thats just me.....maybe

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I think bacteria and viruses mutating is amazing.
Nature is amazing.

Where would the world be if there was no bacteria?

The ultimate enemy. Or allie.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
My reply.
TRY COPPER.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MazMaric
Nature is amazing.

Bacteria are tricky, but in most cases of where bacteria grow, there will always be something growing there. In the case of our bodies, it is better to try and promote healthy bacteria to grow, rather than try and kill or eliminate all bacteria.t

This is true for the stomach and vaginal regions and urinary tract. Promoting good bacteria can include anything from balancing ph to eating probiotic rich foods like natural yogurt.

Bacteria do things anywhere from helping to digest food, to warding off disease and allergies, to maintaining healthy systems in the body.

Bacteria - Different types and other info.

The trillions of residence in your own body.
edit on 3-12-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
My epilepsy is caused by evil spirits. Those medieval priests were right! (Actually, no.)
Seriously though, compared to the epidemics of the past 1,000 years, modern medicine is a godsend. We know so much more about illnesses and how to treat them now. There is, however, a common caution against using too much antibacterial soap, because of how much stronger pathogens will become. The same goes for antibiotics, I believe.
edit on 3-12-2012 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I wonder when doctors will find a cure for homosexuality.

It must be God's way of cursing people that have sinned.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazz10
My reply.
TRY COPPER.

Colloidal silver is supposed to be very good too.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Gidonb4IN

You seem to have a fairly misanthropic view.

I, too, loathe humanity on the whole. But as individuals, I adore people. As individuals we can be seen for the special creations that we are. En masse, we are a writhing sea of self absorbed lunacy.

With this in mind, I certainly do not want to see humanity destroyed. Only corrected.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Originally posted by MazMaric
Nature is amazing.

Bacteria are tricky, but in most cases of where bacteria grow, there will always be something growing there. In the case of our bodies, it is better to try and promote healthy bacteria to grow, rather than try and kill or eliminate all bacteria.t

This is true for the stomach and vaginal regions and urinary tract. Promoting good bacteria can include anything from balancing ph to eating probiotic rich foods like natural yogurt.

Bacteria do things anywhere from helping to digest food, to warding off disease and allergies, to maintaining healthy systems in the body.

Bacteria - Different types and other info.

The trillions of residence in your own body.
edit on 3-12-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

The human body contains something like 100 trillion cells. Of those, only 10 trillion are actually human cells. The rest are various organisms living either symbiotically with us or another organism, or as parasites of the same.

To kill all bacteria in the body would create quite the weight loss plan. Not to mention causing the death of the person.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I remember one biologist remarking that we and other animals live only because we are convenient to whatever strains reside inside us. They are quite literally the rulers of the world.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
antibiotic resistant bacteria is bound to happen just because of the way they reproduce, the trait is always passed on, because they just reproduce by splitting. and each time they gain immunity to an antibiotic we just resort to a stronger one

top topics

join