It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

question......how do ''Muslims'' see the end of times??? Is there prophecy for the end of the w

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 04:27 AM
link   
just wondering if there are any prophecies about how the world will end..............

Also im sure i have been told, about an'''Iman Mahdi"""(not sure if that's how it is spelt................that is to come for the end of the world......

Another one is ........Do ''Muslims'' beleive that Enoch and Elias(Elijah) will come before the Antichrist to warn the whole world..........

any answers will be welcome..........(well answers that are based on ''Islam'''....thanks!!!

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Oh dear...
much the same as Jews and Christians (if you take away the Jewish and Christian bits).
Jesus (Isa) is in there: there's a last "Imam": there's eternal hellfire, there's Judgement day: Allah is a bit more benevolent and the Muslims have a notion akin to purgatory.
Yawn...blah...search "Muslim eschatology" cyber-chums and ask some proper questions afterwards, if you want to.

..spam...'n'..scam...'n'...spam...'n'..scam...aaarrrghh

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 07:40 AM
link   
The world will be divided in two great empire who will fight (And of course, the muslim will win...) called Gog and Magog, like in the apocalypse book. The kuran is freely inspired from the bible so christians, jews and muslims have the same myths.

They also say that when a day will as fast like an hour, an hour like a minute, and a minute like a second, the times will end.

They also say that when Tower higher than minaret will be build, then times will end (This is probably inspired by the babel tower myth, in the bible).

Mohamad sais that this day, mountains will explodes and earth will be destroyed.

A fact that arabs dont like to hear is that Mohamed also said that this day, he will probably speak against the arabs...

this are mentioned in QURAN...

[Edited on 3-5-2003 by Nans DESMICHELS]

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS
Mohamad say that this day, mountains will explodes and earth will be destroyed.

This sentence is many time use in the Quran, and many comments of the QURAN about this phrase say that it may be because a meteor will destroy the Earth.

They also say that when Cat and Dog will have sexuals relations, the end will be there.
Bible say so too.

Helen, Muslims have many theories about end of the time, the Djiad etc, etc...
Many of them, words from the Quran, have been used by the alqaeda leaders to endoctrin (program) the 9/11 terrroist authors.

In fact, muslims believe that Ossama BINLADEN is the XXX prophet descendant.
(XXX is a number I dont know).

Tell me if you dont understand me, because my english is not good, and I'll try to find some links for you.

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 10:26 AM
link   
lol.......i do understand you.......my dad speaks like that!

That is interesting, because we(orthodox christianity) have similar prophecy......although the dog and cat thing........i never heard of it.........

thanks nans! much appreciated........

I asked, because i remember someone telling me or reading it (i cant remember) that Constantinople(current Istanbul....Turkey) will be invaded and that it will remain once again Muslim terrotory........

Orthodox Christianity say ......... Constantinople will once again become ''The capital city of Orthodoxy'' known to the world............Hagia Sophia...was a great Church........now it is in the hands of the turks and it is a museum..........the interior of the church is painted with Christian Icons of Jesus Christ and the Apostles........the paintings were once painted over by the 'Turks and they ''miraculously appeared again..........

VzH

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 10:29 AM
link   
---Little introduction...---

"God is the Knower of the future; He does not permit anyone to unveil such knowledge. Only through the messenger that He chooses does He reveal future and past events" 72:27

---This world will come to an end.---

"We have adorned everything on earth, in order to test them, and thus distinguish those among them who work righteousness. Inevitably, We will wipe out everything on it, leaving it completely barren." 18:7-8

"When the horn is blown once. The earth and the mountains will be carried off and crushed; utterly crushed. That is the day when the inevitable event will come to pass." 69:13-15

---A new earth and new heavens will replace the present heavens and earth.---

"The day will come when this earth will be substituted with a new earth, and also the heavens, and everyone will be brought before GOD, the One, the Supreme." 14:48

---Signs of the Approaching End of the World---

"Are they waiting until the Hour comes to them suddenly? All the signs thereof have already come. Once the Hour comes to them, how will they benefit from their message?" 47:18

[Edited on 3-5-2003 by VzH]

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Estragon
Oh dear...
much the same as Jews and Christians (if you take away the Jewish and Christian bits).
Jesus (Isa) is in there: there's a last "Imam": there's eternal hellfire, there's Judgement day: Allah is a bit more benevolent and the Muslims have a notion akin to purgatory.
Yawn...blah...search "Muslim eschatology" cyber-chums and ask some proper questions afterwards, if you want to.

..spam...'n'..scam...'n'...spam...'n'..scam...aaarrrghh

Estragon you keep saying spam...........well, the spam I have is in my cupboard..........not in this thread.........!!!
Dont get.......aaarrrghh coz i'd send you some if you want!!!

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS
In fact, muslims believe that Ossama BINLADEN is the XXX prophet descendant.

Maybe 1 out of 30000.

Osama Bin Laden is not a Muslim.

Why?

Because he violates basic islamic rules, for example - destroying an innocent life is treated as destroying all of mankind - by God.

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Just like when someone calls himself a Christian when he's a racist, what do you call this man? A false Christian. What do you call a "Muslim" like Osama bin Laden. You call him a fake Muslim that's what you call him.

Muslims believe in the second coming of Jesus Christ and when he comes back the Judgment will be very near.

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 01:57 PM
link   
"Maybe 1 out of 30000.

Why?

Because he violates basic islamic rules, for example - destroying an innocent life is treated as destroying all of mankind - by God." ----Another One

I couldn't agree more. I have written many things about the way Bin Laden preaches and most of it is on another website, but I do say countless times that Bin Laden defies Allah and Mohammed in the worst of ways. Whatever Bin Laden tells you about God is a lie. Bin Laden knows no God. God knows Bin Laden though. I often wonder what God thinks of Bin Laden.

In my opinion, the end of the world for Muslims shouldn't be any different from the end of the world for any other culture. For in today's world one button being pressed by one finger could destroy us all. I couldn't see how many Muslims could have a unified belief about the end of times. I think because Islam is so vast, that Muslims today don't understand the old ways. The Muslims today are being pulled into this materialist world we all seem to know quite well in the Western World. So I don't think that belief systems apply to them anymore, for the bulk of 'Muslims' are not even real Muslims. Muslims pray 5 times a day, and speak the language of the Koran. Many Muslims don't even know Arabic, and therefore they cannot understand the Koran without interpretation. That is where and why a lot of Muslim hopefuls get raped of their faith and reverence to God. When they are decieved they start worshipping other things than God. They live by the un-just, and God knows no un-just. Therefore those who live without just, live without God. One who lives without God, no longer is a follower, but a wanderer.

[Edited on 3-5-2003 by Abraham Virtue]

VzH

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Why?
Because he violates basic islamic rules, for example - destroying an innocent life is treated as destroying all of mankind - by God.

And a very natural question that comes to mind is "If Islam is indeed a religion of peace and tolerance, then why do some Muslims seem involved in violent and terrorist groups?"
This is a very difficult situation to understand.

In recent times, violence & terrorism has unfortunately come to be associated with Islam and Muslims. For a religion called "Islam", which derives its meaning from the arabic root word "salama" (meaning: peace/submission), and whose followers do not get tired of greeting each other with "assalamu'alaikum" (meaning: peace be on you), association with the term of 'violence' is quite ironic!

You can also found that Islam denounces Terrorism :

"Invoke your Lord with humility and in secret. He likes not the aggressors. And do not do mischief on the earth, after it has been set in order, And Invoke Him with fear and hope; Surely, Allah's mercy is (ever) near unto the good-doers."
Qur�n 7:55

[Edited on 3-5-2003 by VzH]

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Great replies both Abraham Virtue and VzH.

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 02:35 PM
link   
one side says they are practicing true islam

the other side says the same.

who should we believe and why?

ones fundamental and the other is not

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by krossfyter

Easy, we reject the ones who perform actions which are against the teachings of the Qur'an.

Rejecting the liars, hypocrites, terrorists, murderers, and overall evildoers.

=)

[Edited on 3-5-2003 by another_one]

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by another_one

Easy, we reject the ones who perform actions which are against the teachings of the Qur'an.

=)

doesnt the other side claim that the way of following Allah is to kill the infidels (the non believers).. .that supposedly that concept is in the quran.

?????

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 01:15 AM
link   

=)

doesnt the other side claim that the way of following Allah is to kill the infidels (the non believers).. .that supposedly that concept is in the quran.

?????

LOL

Read what I said.

>>>Easy, we reject the ones who perform actions which are against the teachings of the Qur'an.

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 02:51 AM
link   

=)

?????

LOL

Read what I said.

>>>Easy, we reject the ones who perform actions which are against the teachings of the Qur'an.

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 05:17 AM
link   
......Is there ''muslim'' prophets that have prophecied about the end of the world.........eg

In the Christian orthodox church there is many prophetic words given to us for the coming of the End Of Times, what will come about, and how things will be around the time of the Antichrist.............is there such prophecy delivered to the Muslims ???

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 06:13 AM
link   
found this!!!

Talks about this ''Maitreya'' that is from the lineage of David and Muhammed.......
(Maitreya claims to be a world teacher ..prophet)

www.maitreya.org...

[Edited on 4-5-2003 by helen670]

[Edited on 4-5-2003 by helen670]

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 10:36 AM
link   

=)

?????

LOL

Read what I said.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join