It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Can't Explain it. (A feeling as if time it'self had stopped for a split second.)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Since I was meditating when this happened I chose to put this in this section of ATS.

Early this morning I was meditating before going to sleep. I went into a deep state, deeper than I have ever been.

Suddenly I was startled by something I can not explain very easily. The best way to explain it is that it seemed as if time it'self stopped for a split second or something to that tune. My heart jumped, the fan in our bedroom seemed to stop, the walls creaked, all for a split second. It was not an electrical surge or what not, as it seemed as if the space around me changed too.

I guess maybe another way of putting it is maybe a time shift of some kind, i don't know.

I had ignored it at first thinking it was my imagination, but just a few minutes ago my wife asked me if something had happened about 2:50 this morning. I asked why, and she said she was startled awake with the feeling that she had over slept and that she was talking to the other girl that lives in our house (different rooms) and she too had that feeling at the same time, as they both had to look at their phones to check the time.

I guess my questions would be

1. Did anyone else feel this?

2. Could I myself had caused such an event to happen (since I was meditating at the time)?

3. Has anyone else ever experienced this?

4. What was it?

5. How could it happen?

Any help help would be great.

Sorry if this seems a bit jumbled, as I really don't know how to explain it.

PS lets stay on topic here, if you don't believe in meditation and metaphysics, fine, move along.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

It could be fun to do a little experiment with you

We all agree a date and time where you preform this thing you do again, and you focus deeply on making everything stop and perhaps shake the world up some.

And the rest of us place our self in a small quiet room with closed eyes and see if we feel/sense anything

Better we find out if you got superpowers before the military does

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spacespider
reply to post by tw0330

It could be fun to do a little experiment with you

We all agree a date and time where you preform this thing you do again, and you focus deeply on making everything stop and perhaps shake the world up some.

And the rest of us place our self in a small quiet room with closed eyes and see if we feel/sense anything

Better we find out if you got superpowers before the military does

lol, I highly doubt I have any super powers.

I would take you up on the challenge if, one I knew that it was me that caused it and how I did it for that matter, and two, to be honest I don't ever want to experience that again (at the very least, not any time soon)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Certainly a weird experience, you've outline here.

Not to sound like a prick, but I would think it more likely the experience was not caused by you, but rather you all experienced it at the same time. If two individuals were aware of the event, recount similar emotions towards the event perhaps something did happen and you were merely another consciousness perceiving the event. Perhaps you were more aware of the event being you were in a relaxed meditative state.

Ego is bad, if it's so large to assume you changed time. More deep breathing, and more letting go are in order for you.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx
Certainly a weird experience, you've outline here.

Not to sound like a prick, but I would think it more likely the experience was not caused by you, but rather you all experienced it at the same time. If two individuals were aware of the event, recount similar emotions towards the event perhaps something did happen and you were merely another consciousness perceiving the event. Perhaps you were more aware of the event being you were in a relaxed meditative state.

Ego is bad, if it's so large to assume you changed time. More deep breathing, and more letting go are in order for you.

Please forgive me if it seems as if I am trying to say it was I who did it. I was only asking the question as it was the strangest feeling I have ever felt. In fact I do not feel it was I who caused this phenomenon, it seemed as if it was some type of outside force causing it.

I would never want to be the one to cause this as I do not like how it made me feel, nor do I want to experience it again.

But since I do not know the cause, and I was meditating at the time, the question was still there. Please do not think I have an ego problem or what not, but the question as to "why" needs to be asked and all things must be considered.
edit on 3-12-2012 by tw0330 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
A quick note to offer some support before I have to get back to school work (they're gonna ask what grade I'm trying to get being on ATS with campus computers one of these days..lol) Anyway. Yes, others felt it. No you're not alone and this definitely wasn't the first. I've only had catnaps for a few days going into the final terms and stuff with school so I was wide awake last night. I wish I could articulate this better, but in a rare moment for me....I just can't quite put into words what the hell I felt last night.

I figured it was just me and stress over finals and term projects tho....Lots of that this year.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
A quick note to offer some support before I have to get back to school work (they're gonna ask what grade I'm trying to get being on ATS with campus computers one of these days..lol) Anyway. Yes, others felt it. No you're not alone and this definitely wasn't the first. I've only had catnaps for a few days going into the final terms and stuff with school so I was wide awake last night. I wish I could articulate this better, but in a rare moment for me....I just can't quite put into words what the hell I felt last night.

I figured it was just me and stress over finals and term projects tho....Lots of that this year.

At least we weren't the only ones. This makes me feel a lot better knowing that at least one other felt it too.

I know exactly what you mean when you say "I can't quite put into words what the hell I felt" which is exactly what I thought when I wrote this thread.

Thank you. Now the question remains, what could it have been.
edit on 3-12-2012 by tw0330 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

Sorry, I was a little harsh. I've spent a little more time on ATS than I've meant to this morning reading poppycock 2012 garbage, and I haven't had my morning tea yet.

I've very intrigued by what you experienced and the fact others experienced something at the same time makes me even more interested.

I'm tired, ha ha. Could you describe the feeling better?

I'm going to share something that happened to me just last night. I don't know the exact time, but I was outside with my dogs (10pmish... maybe? Not sure) The older of our dogs had gone up to the upstairs balcony, so I had to retrieve her as she can't really hear so good these days when I call. As I rounded the landing to go up the steps, I stopped in my tracks and had a weird sensation come over me. Kind of a weird pressure feeling, and like I shut down for a moment. It was like sort of like the moment of confusion that comes with deja vu but with out the deja vu. Ha ha, weird way to explain that. It was really odd, but I had a strange experience just the other night so I'm curious as to what you say. Sorry for sounding brash.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

Not a problem, I understand.

As far as your experience. Obviously I have no way to tell if it was the same thing or not, but I will say that what you explained would be a way to describe it.

I was meditating and was extremely relaxed at the time, so I could have felt it much more intensely than most would have, but then again I don't know.

Words can not quite describe what I felt completely.

I guess I could say it like this. Imagine a movie reel. each picture in that movie real comes together to create a movie. Now imagine that the movie was time, and the individual pictures used to create the movie was a moment in time.

Now imagine that a couple of those "pictures" were cut out and the film strip was put back together to create the movie with the missing pictures. The "movie" would have a moment where it seems off a bit because of the one or two missing "pictures". in essence it would skip over something that should be there. Some may notice others may not.

This is how it felt as if a moment or two in time was simply skipped over and non existent (though it should have been there).

Not sure exactly how to explain it (especially since I have no clue what it was), but hopefully this will help

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I have no idea. Sometimes moods and atmospheres can change though if a storm is close by, or maybe something to do with electricity?

Would be awesome if you somehow managed to stop time, although if time stopped, would people even notice?

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MazMaric
although if time stopped, would people even notice?

This reminds me of the saying:

If a tree falls in a forest and nothing is around to hear it, does it make a sound??

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by tw0330
reply to post by Hijinx

Not a problem, I understand.

As far as your experience. Obviously I have no way to tell if it was the same thing or not, but I will say that what you explained would be a way to describe it.

I was meditating and was extremely relaxed at the time, so I could have felt it much more intensely than most would have, but then again I don't know.

Words can not quite describe what I felt completely.

I guess I could say it like this. Imagine a movie reel. each picture in that movie real comes together to create a movie. Now imagine that the movie was time, and the individual pictures used to create the movie was a moment in time.

Now imagine that a couple of those "pictures" were cut out and the film strip was put back together to create the movie with the missing pictures. The "movie" would have a moment where it seems off a bit because of the one or two missing "pictures". in essence it would skip over something that should be there. Some may notice others may not.

This is how it felt as if a moment or two in time was simply skipped over and non existent (though it should have been there).

Not sure exactly how to explain it (especially since I have no clue what it was), but hopefully this will help
I have been feeling this nonsense since about February. It sucks, I have no idea what it is, I can't really describe it, but your description is probably the best I've come across yet.

I really just want to know what the hell it is...
edit on 12/3/2012 by ArrowsNV because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Look up Harmonic convergance.

And the time hiccups did start in February 2012, due to the timelines being converged into just two timelines.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I had a really weird feeling that your thread may be interesting to the wrong people. Stay under the radar. Just my own thoughts, its not something you have to prove to anyone or demonstrate in any way. Keep meditating and seeking within.
edit on 4-12-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I've had it many times, it happens to me a lot when I do yoga , controlling the breath seems to bring it on a lot more. I can say that many people experience it. Its like time stops but also a feeling of connection to everything for a second, very quiet and its almost like i'm the only person in the universe for a second. Its like a peek into something a lot greater. its very hard to explain isnt it. Words can only go so far.

I also should add that as far as I know it only happens to me when I do it, so if others are feeling it too then I have no idea what it could be.
edit on 4-12-2012 by Bilky because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

Did your fan really stop or did your hearing go for that time?
Im not suggesting that loss of hearing is the cause of this, Just a side effect.

new topics

top topics

join