It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ga. school evacuated, 48 people taken to hospitals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Now that is scary, just when you thought taking your child to school would be safe. Hope everyone is okay and doesn't have long lasting effects from this. Poor kids.

news.yahoo.com...
By JEFF MARTIN

ATLANTA (AP) — Potentially lethal carbon monoxide levels in an Atlanta elementary school sent 42 students and six adults to hospitals Monday amid the evacuation of about 500 students, authorities said.

Firefighters detected high and unsafe levels of carbon monoxide near a furnace at the school, which is on the city's southwest side, McDaniel said. She called the reading — 1,700 parts per million — extremely high.

"It was one of the highest we've seen," she said.

edit on 3-12-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

There was a lady earlier talking to the news crew saying the school was aware of the faulty boiler/furnace, and had been for 3 years!!!

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Thanks, I didn't see the youtube video. I just noticed the video on the yahoo but couldn't embed that one.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

No problem, il see if i can upload the bit where the lady is talking to the crew off camera. I doubt it was ever aired.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

I just found another bit of un aired footage, where the lady describes how the teachers didnt know what to do. They were standing there asking the kids to wake up, and if they were ok...they never dialled 911, a parent did.

Just sorting it, and uploading to youtube, il edit this post once its up.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

top topics

join