It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC's Bob Costas Goes On Gun Control Rant About NFL Player's Murder-Suicide

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by shelookslikeone

Don't be afraid to call people out. They aren't from the US, they don't actually know what is going on. They need to be shown the truth not just coddled and led to believe something that is completely wrong. I wouldn't dare try and tell people in the UK or Australia what they should or shouldn't do with their guns, and I don't expect them to tell me what to do with mine.

THe 2nd ammendment wasn't made for us to go hunting and shoot paper targets. The 2nd ammendment was made for us to be able to fight an oppressive and tyrannical government. That ability cannot be taken away, once we lose the ability to fight the government they can run rough shod on all of us and we can't do anything about it.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

The founders of the United States told us to question everything our Government says and does. You say that crimes are lower in the UK than in the United States, and I would agree. But it's because of cities like New York and Chicago that have all but banned guns outright. It's because of poverty ridden areas like Detroit. But last time I checked, Switzerland, who's citizens are armed to the teeth, had the lowest crime rate in Europe.
edit on 3-12-2012 by shelookslikeone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Mass murderers agree, gun control works..........

edit on 3-12-2012 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-12-2012 by seeker1963 because: finally getting pic to post....

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I'm so sick of people screaming about how the government is going to take away their guns.

To many people have guns for that to ever become a reality. Drop it, it's not even up for question.

I like guns, I like to shoot them -- it's fun. What I downright hate are "gun people" who carry a superior attitude at the firing range.

When it's -4F outside, and I want to start my car to warm it up -- don't waddle over to me in your crappy, sub-par, "real tree" Cabella outwear and lecture me on "condensation on the ground".

Not all of us still run around and play "Army" -- some of us grew up.

Guns aren't going away people. They may legislate them more or less in the future -- as they always have.

And yes, pointing a handgun at someone and pulling the trigger is easier than stabbing someone. The psychological mindset you have to be in to commit a non-gun murder is not the same.
edit on 3-12-2012 by MystikMushroom because: spelling

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
There are times that this place makes me sick. This is one of those times. A seriously disturbed man commits murder/suicide. That impacts a lot of people emotionally. The NFL is a close knit society. Ever see a player down on the field and players of BOTH teams gather and pray that he's OK. This is the place Costas is coming from. But HERE we have people discussing, arguing actually, about their guns. OH MY GUNS. AND throwing insults around. No thought about the families involved. Teammates, coaches, fans, etc that this has affected. Disgusting. Keep your frickin guns. But develop a little compassion.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Compassion for people I don't know, have never watched, never spoken to or of? What do you want us to do here, all sit and talk about people who die we don't know? What about the people dying all day long all over the world, if we don't talk about them we are being rude?

Give us a break dude. I am supposed to support Bob Costas ignorance? No thanks I thought we were about something different here.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve
Give us a break dude. I am supposed to support Bob Costas ignorance? No thanks I thought we were about something different here.

Oh we are. Sometimes I wonder if it's human. :shk:

Seems like that teen that killed herself because of bullying is something we shouldn't have compassion for either as we don't "know" her.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I am sorry anyone dies, honestly. I care as much about the diabetic that just died 2 seconds ago at the hospital as I do about the victims of an NFL player. There are waaaaaay more tragic deaths than this that we don't bother to discuss here simply because they aren't NFL players. A football player is a lawyer is a doctor is a pilot is a garbage man is a teacher. We are all people with professions and we all die some day. I simply don't care more about these people than anyone else due to his profession.

I am sure there is a thread mourning the death of these people, I thought this one was discussing Bob Costats idiotic statement. You are the mod though, you tell me.

Just checked the thread title, yup seems we were on topic here. Glad you stopped by to give us some guilt trip though, seems pertinent.
edit on 12/3/2012 by sputniksteve because: (no reason given)

How is bringing up another girls suicide due to bullying conducive to discussion about Bob Costas comment on Gun control? With all due respect, you are way off topic and using some kind of emotional outburst as reason for us to change the discussion here.
edit on 12/3/2012 by sputniksteve because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Having viewed the video, read the article, and the posts the following can be stated:

Gun control, both sides will have a say in the issue and this is one of those times when one side will use to sway the public to its side. The reality is this, we do not know what made this NFL player snap, or why he did the actions that he did. Ultimately, he took the cowards way out, by killing himself. To that end, the reasons are still in the air, and we must wait till the investigation is done. Many will use this to point to how bad guns are, yet fail to realize that it is not the gun that was the problem but the hand that holds it. In this persons fit of rage, he took a weapon and used it. And what is to say he would not have used something else to kill the other person and then take his own life? After all he could have beat her, he could have used a bat, or a knife, a bottle or any other number of objects that could cause serious bodily harm to the other. If you use the reason to control one objects, would it not be equally reasonable to use the same to control other objects that could do the same thing? After all you can kill a person with a car, or a bottle, or a bat, or even with food.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Posted last night here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

Comprehensive 'Breaking Alternative News' Forum Posting Guidelines (Updated 4-15-11)
Reaffirming the "Breaking Alternative News" Forum

edit on Mon Dec 3 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by sputniksteve

My original post was very much on topic. I was pointing out the mind frame Costas is coming from. My second was a reply to your antagonism.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join